Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: The Rolling Stones, Spectrum, Philadelphia, June 30, 1975
Posted by: loveyoulive75 ()
Date: April 28, 2009 03:25

Well, folks...by popular demand, here it is: the June 30/75 Philly show.
If there was ever a TOTA '75 recording that defines 'for completists only',
this be the one. So don't say you weren't warned...

Again, thanks to Silvertrain for sending me these Philadelphia '75 shows.
It goes without saying that the 29th recording sounds a hell of a lot better
than this one. I'm guessing the original boot was compiled from three
different sources, just based on the radical differences in sound.
There are a few cuts between songs (plus one in ADTL and one in YCAGWYW),
and the occasional volume fluctuations that I tried to balance out. Overall, I
tried to make this thing sound as enjoyably listenable as possible (to be fair,
I also have a very good stereo system/speakers, so YMMV...) The recording
from HTW to FF sounds best, which admittedly ain't saying much.
The sound quality drops a bit after "Heartbreaker"; "Fingerprint File" in particular is bass-distorted as hell (I almost cut it out altogether but kept it in for continuity sake) so I sort of knocked the overload down as best I could. The remainder of the show is a bit bassy, but not too too bad.
All tweaking was done with trusty old Sound Forge 8 (god I love that program!)

Considering what the original recording sounded like, I'm going to go out on a limb and say I've improved it, but June 30th is still easily the worst sounding TOTA recording, but beggars can't be choosers, right? It's all we've got for this show...

(I must say, though, now that the work is done, it's time for a well deserved
spliff and a siesta before the missus gets home from work...)

Honky Tonk Woman/All Down The Line/If You Can't Rock Me > Get Off Of My Cloud/
Star Star/Gimmie Shelter/Ain't Too Proud To Beg/You Gotta Move/You Can't Always
Get What You Want/Happy/Tumbling Dice/It's Only Rock And Roll/Heartbreaker/
Fingerprint File/Angie/Wild Horses/That's Life/Outta Space/Brown Sugar/Midnight
Rambler/Rip This Joint/Street Fighting Man/Jumping Jack Flash

mp3/320

[www.megaupload.com]

Re: POST: The Rolling Stones, Spectrum, Philadelphia, June 30, 1975
Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: April 28, 2009 12:05

Oh my, a labour of love indeed, you certainly deserve your siesta after this task. I work with cooleditpro & I can appreciate the effort you've put into this.

I'm at the point where I've turned into a completist, much to Mrs vox's amusement, so many thx for this one.

I'm afraid my artwork is very 'blocky', Im a musician not an artist, that's my excuse anyway. I've split the CDs @ Heartbreaker, & the scanned pix are of the tour, tho from which shows I don't know

Front

Back

Posted by: Glimmertwin78 ()
Date: April 29, 2009 13:38

thanks for this rather rare show and special thanks for the nice artwork!cool smiley

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: May 3, 2009 05:50

OK, big Heiloo will give you the low down on this:

As Bob Newbury used to say VG-

If you've heard nearly all the boots from 75 you will have no prob. w/this. The sound is consistent, the crowd near the mike is gazonkers, you can her Mickette very well, but you cannot decipher what he says between songs. It's the coalescent mix of sound that you hear.

Lots of energy from the band and the audience. If this is your first 75 boot, but it until you've got others. if otherwise, go for it, get loaded and remember white people can dance if they're dronk enough.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: May 4, 2009 03:57

OK, here's my fecked up review of this show: for completists only but it's whole show in the same sound quality. VG- as Mr. Newbury would have said, had he been here to share my pint.

I call this an 'answering machine' boot, very much for completists. If you have all the other sensational boots from the '75 tour, you'll be able to differentiate in/from the noise. One other thing on this tour, in 72 Mick talked alot between songs to the audience when the show was good; in 75 the should could be really good but maybe he felt the special effects spoke for themselves. PHL 30/6/75 is a gem, a gem to be offered up to Heaven and say thank you Jayzus in yair maircy. And thanks to the IORR members who are electronic magicians who turned this tape from trash to treasure, much like my tapes of SF#2 '72 and Seattle '75.

Posted by: loveyoulive75 ()
Date: October 31, 2009 04:12

giving this one a bump, 'cos people were still looking for it, apparently smoking smiley

(again, don't say I didn't warn ya that it's a rough listen- especially the last half of the show...)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1937
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home