Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Live At The Double Door Chicago 97
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 26, 2008 16:21

I just got hold of a copy of this DVD and the quality is pretty lousy for a pro-shot. It looks as if it has been recorded on a cam from a screen. Is that how it should be or is my copy a bad one.

Re: Live At The Double Door Chicago 97
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: July 26, 2008 16:46

Every copy of this I've seen is about the same, down to the glitch in Little Queenie(why THAT song?). But this was shot for the band right before digital became the standard so I'm sure there was not a lot of editing and sound mixing time spent on it. But it is better than nothing and does show the band up close and persanol so I dig it for what it is,not what it isnt. Just my opinion. By the way I have it on good authority(the same who let out the 81 and 89 videos) that a pro shot video was made of the Ian Stewart Memorial show -not THAT would be worth coming out of the vaults! There were no original Stones songs in the set list,just all the blues and boogie woogie that Stu loved.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 26, 2008 18:38

Cheers Scottkeef. The 100 Club Ian Stewart show would be incredible to have.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: July 26, 2008 19:01

Oh my, one of the Holy Grails. You'd think that the Stones would have to do a serious retrospective pretty soon, that's when some of this might come out.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 27, 2008 16:40

scottkeef
Every copy of this I've seen is about the same, down to the glitch in Little Queenie(why THAT song?). But this was shot for the band right before digital became the standard so I'm sure there was not a lot of editing and sound mixing time spent on it. But it is better than nothing and does show the band up close and persanol so I dig it for what it is,not what it isnt. Just my opinion. By the way I have it on good authority(the same who let out the 81 and 89 videos) that a pro shot video was made of the Ian Stewart Memorial show -not THAT would be worth coming out of the vaults! There were no original Stones songs in the set list,just all the blues and boogie woogie that Stu loved.

Didn't they do Just Another Night? I think that's a Jagger/Richards song.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: July 28, 2008 00:32

Nope(and if they did why in the world would they choose THAT clunker!)Heres the setlist:Route66,Down The Road Apiece,Key To The Highway,Confessin The Blues,Mannish Boy,Bye Bye Johnny,Harlem Shuffle,Little Red Rooster,Down In The Bottom,Dust My Broom,Little Queenie. Stu's band Rocket 88 performed first.(Its Only Rock and Roll pp178-79) The no Stones setlist is also confirmed by Bill in his book.

Posted by: pike bishop ()
Date: July 29, 2008 20:10

Yeah its sounds the biz ,why cant we hear or see it ?

Date: July 29, 2008 21:23

without divulging too much info(you know how it is!) I know a guy who knows a guy...........I HEARD the same source released the 81 sbs and 89 videos that flooded the bootleg market awile back. The price I was led to believe it would cost was way outta my league!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1442
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home