Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Is RapidShare Gone?
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 19, 2008 22:49

I just saw on another site that RapidShare had its servers seized in Germany and on Totally Fuzzy was a note that RapidShare seemed to have deleted itself. Does anyone have info on this as it's going to affect many downloads and posted items here?

Re: Is RapidShare Gone?
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: January 19, 2008 22:55

Interesting. I tried to download from there earlier and it wasn't working.

Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: January 19, 2008 23:53

rapidshare

server overload? court order? ddos attack? ......rumours.......
new rumour, for what it's worth: no court order, but forced to spot illegal ware -by comparing downloadname with release announcesites, torrentsites and edonkey links- and delete that. no premium en collector's accounts will be deleted. around midnidght [met] that anti-piracy tool will be ended.

one of the 'rules' on this forum: no official stuff posted. so i think it will not affect our uploads that much (anyway, i hope so)

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 20, 2008 00:01

More info from another site:

Rapidshare technician Steven Gircham has reportedly commented on this issue -

"There are rumors concerning attacks made on the Rapidshare.com servers. There are also rumors that Rapidshare has been shut down by a court order. These rumors are false. We would like to apologize to our users and inform them that no data has been lost. There have been some hardware issues as a result of high bandwidth and server overload. We are doing our very best to resolve the hardware issues, and users should expect uptime by midnight tonight (GMT)"

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: January 20, 2008 01:05

i figured as much , if it were down longer than a day or two i might worry more

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 20, 2008 04:38

FYI: Rapidshare appears to be working again. They're having a discussion about it at one of the Dylan sites. Everybody everywhere, it seems, got freaked by the idea that rapidshare was gone when no one could hook up with it. We can all breathe easier now" is how someone put it at the Dylan site.

Posted by: chavostone ()
Date: January 20, 2008 08:37

Yeah , some files say they aint available at the moment , rapidshare is working on it , i was worried today , hha , because i found a place that has all of u2 bootlegs from 80 to now , so , i have a need to get them all , haha , for free.
Thanks to God its ok!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2467
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home