Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Request: MFSL Hot Rocks 1 Stereo tracks
Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: February 12, 2007 20:32

It's been a while since I've heard this disk...but I remember being struck by the significantly different sounding SATISFACTION....much more acoustic guitar I think.There were 5-6 TRUE stereo versions on the MFSL HOT ROCKS 1 disk.

out of print. Can these be posted?

I have a disk called STRICTLY STEREO but I'm not sure if these are the same mixes.
Any additional info about these 2 disks or TRUE STEREO...is welcome. Thanks.

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-12 23:51 by sweet neo con.

Re: Request: MFSL Hot Rocks 1 Stereo tracks
Posted by: SFTD ()
Date: February 12, 2007 23:53

Same mixes on both discs.

Perhaps a bit cleaner sounding on the Japanese Hot Rocks 1.

I doubt that anybody will post (or should) these tracks here at IORR.

SFTD

Re: Request: MFSL Hot Rocks 1 Stereo tracks
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 15, 2007 21:18

Those songs were posted here several months ago. I must have downloaded them but I guess I deleted them. I do recall, though, that the left and right channels were reversed on the songs for some reason. I believe the person who posted them said that's the way he got them.
I bought the London Hot Rocks 1 disc back in 86, which was mastered by Mobile Fidelity. Hot Rocks was sold as 2 separate CD's but I did buy both. Going from memory, Satisfaction is wide stereo, with Brian's acoustic and Stu's piano coming out of the right channel. You can hear both instruments very cleary, unlike other versions where you can't even hear Stu's piano at all and the acoustic guitar is very faint.
Mother's Little Helper and Get Off Of My Cloud are also "wide" stereo. Helper has Mick's vocals and the 12 string guitar (which I always thought was sitar) coming out of the right channel. Also, I believe this is the only CD that has Play With Fire in stereo.
Whenever I'm making a Stones CD, I still use the version of Ruby Tuesday on this CD since the 2002 remasters are missing some vocals in the chorus.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1340
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home