Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

HELP! FLAC...
Posted by: hajduk ()
Date: June 10, 2006 23:11

i found zomb torrent,downloaded from ther one stones boot,and they are all in flac formatsad smiley(((((never heard for flac,what is that,and how to change flac file to play like mp3...

Re: HELP! FLAC...
Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: June 10, 2006 23:15

I'm wondering about this too!

Date: June 10, 2006 23:29

i found some files from stones like stones at bbc-2 cd...and i tryed to zip la forum july 9 th,but it can't,because untill now,nobody did not downloaded it...as many people download this file,easier to some new who wants to dload it...they have also 2 box 4cd complete from stones...but also in flacsad smiley((((

Date: June 10, 2006 23:35

Looks like flac is a compressing method on audio and video files, just like the mp3 is.

Maybe you should take a look here:
[flac.sourceforge.net]

There is cd burning options at the bottom of the page.
I'd go for some plugin, so I still could use my Windows Mediaplayer.

Google search for converters..:
[www.google.no] flac to mp3

[www.google.no] flac to avi

[www.google.no] flac to vob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-10 23:39 by Tekumseh.

Date: June 11, 2006 00:29

which one to zipped:

CoreFLACDecoder-v0.3-SourceFilter-Beta4.exe

or this
CoreFLACDecoder_0.4.exe

Date: June 11, 2006 00:44

oh god,this is to complicated to me,i'm not that good with computers...

Date: June 11, 2006 01:35

I'd chose the newest one: CoreFLACDecoder_0.4.exe

I don't have a clue about this either...

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: June 11, 2006 12:46

This topic has been discussed comprehensively here, do a search, but the short of it is that it's just another way of compressing files, extensively used in torrents.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: June 11, 2006 12:49

get media player classic... it just plays everything smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: June 11, 2006 14:31

To convert Flac files I use Foobar2000. Then you can play and burn them. Then I use WMP to do this.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: June 11, 2006 15:11

You can also use FLAC Fronted, (that convert the files to wav, then burn them to cd, if that's what you're looking for)

Posted by: Jens ()
Date: June 11, 2006 18:00

For playing use foobar 2000.

For burning: Nero > you have to download the FLAC-plugin then you can burn it as audio cd without any problems!

Jens

Posted by: Jens ()
Date: June 11, 2006 18:05

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: June 11, 2006 20:50

I too was confounded by the FLAC files (and many other alternative file types) until Tecumsah led me to the Sourceforge.net link. There are MANY programs to choose from according to your particular computer system. I wound up getting "dbpowerAMP" since I'm using WindowsXP on my PC. It works like a champ! It converts basically any type of file into any type of file you want. If for some reason it doesn't contain the particular "codec" you need for a particular type of file you're trying to work with it simply tells you to download the codec (right then and there, you don't have to stop what you're doing) and POW you have it and it continues to convert your files. There are a few tricks and nuances to it but all in all it gets you where you want to go. I convert to "WAV" or "mp3" and burn away till my eyeballs fall out.

My question for the pros here is: Should I be converting to and burning from WAVs or mp3s? What are the differences or advantages of one or the other. Also what compression rates should I be converting my files to? Basically, after I burn the best quality audio CD I can I discard the file from my computer. I figure if I want those audio files on my computer again, for whatever reason, I can just re-capture them from the audio CD I just made.

Date: June 12, 2006 01:03

AudioConverter Studio 5.0

very good,try with these one...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1555
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home