Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How to burn a dvd on a Macintosh
Posted by: blackdress10 ()
Date: April 25, 2006 21:50

I downloaded a show from ABB from a bit torrent site. I got all the files. There are .bup, .ifo, and .vob extensions. What other program do I need to either convert the files or to burn it to a dvd? Please help.

I can't wait to watch it on my computer or dvd player.

Re: How to burn a dvd on a Macintosh
Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: April 25, 2006 22:42

If there is ifo, bup and vob-files, these are the files to burn directly on the DVD. So you don't have to convert these files.

VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS are the two folders at the root of the DVD. But all this files under VIDEO_TS.

I have no experience with MAC's but it works that way on a PC.

Did that help?

When you download MPG, WMV, AVI or MOV files you have to convert them to burn them on a DVD.

Posted by: blackdress10 ()
Date: April 25, 2006 22:51

Thanks for the help. When I burn them to a dvd, the dvd is a data dvd and does not play in iDVD or on a commercial dvd player. Maybe I need software to burn dvds. I have a new G5 computer with DVD-R burner.

MPGs and AVIs open in Quicktime without any conversion and I don't know about MOV files.

Somebody who can help with Mac?

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: April 25, 2006 23:00

OK, sorry I didn't know the burning process was different. Next time I'll shout up when I see something I don't understand smiling smiley

Posted by: CSD ()
Date: April 25, 2006 23:41

I usa a Mac and use Toast Titanium to burn CD's and DVD's. It's excellent software and will burn DVD's from the Video_TS file.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1483
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home