Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How to burn a dvd on a Macintosh
Posted by: blackdress10 ()
Date: April 25, 2006 21:50

I downloaded a show from ABB from a bit torrent site. I got all the files. There are .bup, .ifo, and .vob extensions. What other program do I need to either convert the files or to burn it to a dvd? Please help.

I can't wait to watch it on my computer or dvd player.

Re: How to burn a dvd on a Macintosh
Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: April 25, 2006 22:42

If there is ifo, bup and vob-files, these are the files to burn directly on the DVD. So you don't have to convert these files.

VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS are the two folders at the root of the DVD. But all this files under VIDEO_TS.

I have no experience with MAC's but it works that way on a PC.

Did that help?

When you download MPG, WMV, AVI or MOV files you have to convert them to burn them on a DVD.

Posted by: blackdress10 ()
Date: April 25, 2006 22:51

Thanks for the help. When I burn them to a dvd, the dvd is a data dvd and does not play in iDVD or on a commercial dvd player. Maybe I need software to burn dvds. I have a new G5 computer with DVD-R burner.

MPGs and AVIs open in Quicktime without any conversion and I don't know about MOV files.

Somebody who can help with Mac?

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: April 25, 2006 23:00

OK, sorry I didn't know the burning process was different. Next time I'll shout up when I see something I don't understand smiling smiley

Posted by: CSD ()
Date: April 25, 2006 23:41

I usa a Mac and use Toast Titanium to burn CD's and DVD's. It's excellent software and will burn DVD's from the Video_TS file.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1219
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home