Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Help Required
Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: February 7, 2006 20:33

Could someone kindly tell me how I can keep posted tracks on Sendit on my computer and if I can burn them. I'm fairly new at computers. A million thanks in advance.

Re: Help Required
Posted by: cosmoprim ()
Date: February 7, 2006 20:52

Right-click the file, save it to your computer (on your desktop, or wherever you choose - I find it easiest to have them on the desktop).

You can burn them using any number of audio players - Windows Media Player is quite simple to use. Simply create a "burn list"; then, provided your drive has burning capabilities, you should be able to burn a CD.

Posted by: malja316 ()
Date: February 7, 2006 20:53

Hello Jagger50!

If you are referring to the mp3's that are posted here on the msgboard, the 1st thing you have to do is obviously click on the yousendit link that the person sharing the song has provided. When you get to that link, you need to right click your mouse and save the file that you are downloading. As a suggestion, you should create a folder on your PC and place all the necessary tracks that you want in that folder and create each folder for the different full length boots you are downloading. An example would be: you would create a folder for "keep your motor runnin" and place all the tracks inside of it...and then create other folders for each bootleg title you are downloading....

You CAN burn the mp3 files that are being downloaded...but you will need a cd burning program to do that. An example of such a program is Roxio or Nero. You will need to create a custom cd in those programs and then you can create cdr's with the songs you downloaded.

As a suggestion, if you are planning to save your music on CDR's, it is HIGHLY recommended that you do not download mp3's and stick with music in FLAC or SHN format. These formats are known as LOSSLESS formats. That means these songs are identical quality to say a master cd you buy in a store. If you download mp3's, they are considered LOSSY because the file/music is compressed...

MP3's are great to use on portable mp3 players and if you just wanna listen to it on your PC...but if you want to listen to these tunes on your home stereo OR your car stereo, try and download music in FLAC or SHN...you will DEFINITELY notice a difference in quality...

Btw, I am just expressing my opinion on this, anyone on here has a right o agree or disagree with my post...I am just stating my thoughts and what I do when it comes to downloading music, especially Rolling Stones boots...enjoy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-07 20:54 by malja316.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: February 7, 2006 21:00

malja316 Cheers brother. I have Roxio and Nero so i'll give it a whirl. There are so many great Stones tracks available I'd just love to have them. Thankin' you kindly.

Posted by: malja316 ()
Date: February 7, 2006 21:34

no problem! Definitely check out [www.rocksoff.org] and under their bittorrent tracker, you can get Stones boots (as long as people are sharing the title u want) Another great website for boots is [www.dimeadozen.org] (but its hard to get on here, keep trying to register every chance you possibly can)

If you decide on these sites, you will need to file share, you will need a torrent software to download the music (ex. bittorrent) and you will need a FLAC conversion tool to convert from flac to wav so then you can burn the wav file to cdr...if you need this software, go here: [flac.sourceforge.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-02-07 21:36 by malja316.

Posted by: stoneMe ()
Date: February 12, 2006 00:18

Hey malja316 how do I open FLAC files once they are saved to my PC?
cheers

Ever Danced with a One Legged Woman?

Posted by: stoneMe ()
Date: February 12, 2006 00:39

Duh - I never read the above post properly sorry!

Ever Danced with a One Legged Woman?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1659
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home