Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Essen Oct.10th, 1973 my recording
Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: September 29, 2009 19:03

scottkeef
vancouver
yes that's right .....after that ?,,seems to be unrecorded..?

On Hans-Jo's tape it continues to the song JJF doesnt it?

that dialoge is used on "the stars in the sky " source after "ycagwyw"

thanks for the tip...thumbs up

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: September 29, 2009 19:21

scottkeef
straycat58
Am I wrong or all the pix of the artwork belong to the Winter Tour? In case, we have no pix from Germany to use?

Hans-Jo, I read in the notes that the last two tracks are from Hamburg October 2. It should be the second show, not first.

What notes are you referring to? I thought this was Hans Jo's original tape he put up here. Did you d/l the combined show off dime? or maybe I just misunderstood the post?

I took it from dime and there are two additional tracks in the end: Star star and Hertbreaker from Hamburg.
You mean I d/l the wrong show? I'm getting old...

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: September 29, 2009 19:30

I dont think you d/l the wrong show but Hans-Jo's show here(according to him) is his tape only and I believe he says Watchit combined his tape and songs from the "Stars" vinyl for the Dime post.(if I understand correctly)

Vancouver, I bought the "Stars" abum on Contraband label in the 70s (mailorder fro NC-$3 and 50 cents for postage/handling! man does that date me!) and I agree the way it abruptly ends after "You Cant..." I always thought it came from a soundcheck or after the concert was over. But It sure was a cool and funny way to end the album
...Deaf or something HA HA I thought "poor George"!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: September 29, 2009 19:33

Many thanks for sharing your recording here at IORR Rank Stranger!

Also thanks to ghostryfer13 for the great artwork!

All much appreciated!

thumbs up

Date: September 29, 2009 19:37

yes it continues to the song JJF on the tape..

[www.sendspace.com]

thelightgeorge_Merge.wav

here's a merge try of it..........enjoy.....winking smiley

Date: September 29, 2009 21:54

thanks vancouver, I udestood.
so I'll d/l also this one and then revert.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: September 29, 2009 22:51

For vancouver and others of course

Date: September 29, 2009 23:00

scottkeef
I dont think you d/l the wrong show but Hans-Jo's show here(according to him) is his tape only and I believe he says Watchit combined his tape and songs from the "Stars" vinyl for the Dime post.(if I understand correctly)

That's right, Scottkeef and it is the way Watchit told it to me, unfortunately
I have no access to Dime.

Date: September 29, 2009 23:31

Hi, Hans-Jo!! Still sounds like "Deaf or something?" to me and it fits the context of the other statements but thats just my ears talking! LOL!

Posted by: dph ()
Date: September 29, 2009 23:41

The Dime version is all of Essen from the best available sources, either Hans-Jo's tape or the LP. Since the LP had 2 songs from Hamburg (Star Star and Heartbreaker), they are added at the end, after Street Fighting Man from Essen.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 30, 2009 00:05

"This is a combination of two different audience recordings of the Rolling Stones live in Essen, West Germany, October 10, 1973. The first is directly from a master cassette which was sent to me by the taper. Not sure if it has circulated before, but it is definitely different to the LP recording and the version previously seeded by Silkcut1978. My thanks to certain persons for connecting me with the taper, and of course to the taper himself. The recording is decent; there are better and worse for this tour. It is well balanced but fairly distant. The taper thinks he used a Phillips cassette recorder but is not sure after almost 36 years. Lineage: Audience->Phillips? cassette recorder/"popsy" low noise cassette->Sony ES 3 head cassette deck->Audiophile 2496 sound card->Adobe Audition (level balancing only, no noise reduction, no EQ)->CD Wave->you.

I combined the new (to me) audience recording with the relatively well known recording originally released by TAKRL on their LP "The Jean Clarke Mammorial Sonic Barbecue." This is an excellent, up front audience recording; so good that some people have tried to pass it off as a soundboard. This recording is best heard direct from vinyl, so that's what I used. The LP is lacking in bass, so I boosted it considerably. Tracks 15 and 16 are from Hamburg, October 2, 1973, 1st show. Since they are on the LP I've added them as bonus tracks. They sound even better than the Essen tracks, to me anyway, so not sure why TAKRL didn't use more of them. Lineage: Audience->LP->Music Hall turntable/Ortofon cartridge/Adcom preamp->Audiophile 2496 sound card->Adobe Audition (LP surface noise reduction, bass boost)->CD Wave->you.

Incidentally the LP tracks are pretty widely available on the Midnight Beat CD "The Stars in the Sky They Never Lie," which is named after a German LP copied from the TAKRL LP. I could have used the Midnight Beat sources but their noise reduction removes some of the excitement or energy from the recording, so I went with the LP despite its flaws.

The total time for the 16 tracks is 81:32 so it may have to be split over 2 CDs; if so, the split should be after track 8. Presented in FLAC 1.2.1; no artwork.

01. Brown Sugar (tape)
02. Gimme Shelter (LP)
03. Happy (LP)
04. Tumbling Dice (LP)
05. Star Star (tape)
06. Dancing with Mr D (tape + LP)
07. Angie (LP)
08. You Can't Always Get What You Want (LP)
09. Midnight Rambler (tape)
10. Honky Tonk Women (tape)
11. All Down the Line (tape)
12. Rip This Joint (tape + LP)
13. Jumping Jack Flash (tape)
14. Street Fighting Man (tape)
15. Star Star (LP)
16. Heartbreaker (LP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-30 00:06 by dcba.

Date: September 30, 2009 00:40

dcba

Tracks 15 and 16 are from Hamburg, October 2, 1973, 1st show.
15. Star Star (LP)
16. Heartbreaker (LP)

According to my files, these tracks are from the 2nd show.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 30, 2009 02:13

I'll ask Watchit. He created this nice torrent smileys with beer

Date: September 30, 2009 07:43

Rank Stranger
For vancouver and others of course

thanks ! !

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 30, 2009 16:10

scottkeef
Hi, Hans-Jo!! Still sounds like "Deaf or something?" to me and it fits the context of the other statements but thats just my ears talking! LOL!

It's "Turn the lights on George, are you deaf or something?"

Mathijs

Date: September 30, 2009 21:14

Straycat, these songs are from Essen Oct. 10th:

Happy/Tumbling Dice/Dancing With Mr.D/Angie/You Can't Always Get What You Want

and these are from Hamburg Oct. 2nd, first show:

Gimmie Shelter/Star Star/Heartbreaker/

source: Schwarzbuch first ed. 1987

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: September 30, 2009 21:28

Deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-30 22:15 by misterfrias.

Date: September 30, 2009 21:45

August 1993 edition

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: September 30, 2009 21:59

Thanks, Rank Stranger!!!

Date: October 1, 2009 20:15

Rank Stranger
Straycat, these songs are from Essen Oct. 10th:

Happy/Tumbling Dice/Dancing With Mr.D/Angie/You Can't Always Get What You Want

and these are from Hamburg Oct. 2nd, first show:

Gimmie Shelter/Star Star/Heartbreaker/

source: Schwarzbuch first ed. 1987

Schwarzbuch is wrong here, of course; Gimmie Shelter is from Essen too!!

Date: October 1, 2009 21:00

dcba
"This is a combination of two different audience recordings of the Rolling Stones live in Essen, West Germany, October 10, 1973. The first is directly from a master cassette which was sent to me by the taper. Not sure if it has circulated before, but it is definitely different to the LP recording and the version previously seeded by Silkcut1978. My thanks to certain persons for connecting me with the taper, and of course to the taper himself. The recording is decent; there are better and worse for this tour. It is well balanced but fairly distant. The taper thinks he used a Phillips cassette recorder but is not sure after almost 36 years. Lineage: Audience->Phillips? cassette recorder/"popsy" low noise cassette->Sony ES 3 head cassette deck->Audiophile 2496 sound card->Adobe Audition (level balancing only, no noise reduction, no EQ)->CD Wave->you.

I combined the new (to me) audience recording with the relatively well known recording originally released by TAKRL on their LP "The Jean Clarke Mammorial Sonic Barbecue." This is an excellent, up front audience recording; so good that some people have tried to pass it off as a soundboard. This recording is best heard direct from vinyl, so that's what I used. The LP is lacking in bass, so I boosted it considerably. Tracks 15 and 16 are from Hamburg, October 2, 1973, 1st show. Since they are on the LP I've added them as bonus tracks. They sound even better than the Essen tracks, to me anyway, so not sure why TAKRL didn't use more of them. Lineage: Audience->LP->Music Hall turntable/Ortofon cartridge/Adcom preamp->Audiophile 2496 sound card->Adobe Audition (LP surface noise reduction, bass boost)->CD Wave->you.

Incidentally the LP tracks are pretty widely available on the Midnight Beat CD "The Stars in the Sky They Never Lie," which is named after a German LP copied from the TAKRL LP. I could have used the Midnight Beat sources but their noise reduction removes some of the excitement or energy from the recording, so I went with the LP despite its flaws.

The total time for the 16 tracks is 81:32 so it may have to be split over 2 CDs; if so, the split should be after track 8. Presented in FLAC 1.2.1; no artwork.

01. Brown Sugar (tape)
02. Gimme Shelter (LP)
03. Happy (LP)
04. Tumbling Dice (LP)
05. Star Star (tape)
06. Dancing with Mr D (tape + LP)
07. Angie (LP)
08. You Can't Always Get What You Want (LP)
09. Midnight Rambler (tape)
10. Honky Tonk Women (tape)
11. All Down the Line (tape)
12. Rip This Joint (tape + LP)
13. Jumping Jack Flash (tape)
14. Street Fighting Man (tape)
15. Star Star (LP)
16. Heartbreaker (LP)

"rip this joint" where' from lp ????

any diff speed on the various sources ?

Posted by: Urban Wheel ()
Date: October 2, 2009 16:09

Great thx, allways interested in a new surfaced one

Sincerely UW

'Doo doo doo Heartbreaker'

Posted by: robbiebobbob ()
Date: October 3, 2009 13:12

Thanks very much

Date: October 3, 2009 18:53

Vancouver, I bought the "Stars" abum on Contraband label in the 70s (mailorder fro NC-$3 and 50 cents for postage/handling! man does that date me!)

So did I! That's how I got the audience of Pittsburgh '72 & Kansas City '72! I was dissatisfied w/the LA '75 video soundtrack, so Wayne Rogers sent me those two shows! The KS show he sent me was actually Kansas City because it is entirely different from the "Nashville" show that's extant.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-03 18:53 by The Menace of Mayfair.

Date: October 3, 2009 19:23

I still have a copy of one of the "R n R University" catalog( and I use the term loosely!) from 1973 I think! Those were the days! Menace, if we can work some kinda deal for the "real" KC 72 show let me know.

Date: August 23, 2010 21:37

Just like to bump this, it is the source for the DAC 100 boot ,that Marko has just posted.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: August 23, 2010 21:47

I´ll be posting one version more,possibly,i´m uploading now all 3 essen shows.

Posted by: THERIFF ()
Date: August 25, 2010 12:58

HI MANY THANKS FOR THIS, LOOKING FORWARD TO LISTENING TO THE SHOW,
CHEERS THE RIFF

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1369
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home