Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ya Ya's 40th Anniversary Box Set...Puzzling...Doink Again
Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: September 4, 2009 23:10

As I said three weeks ago (look for my post entitled get yer ya yas 1969 tour anniversary) I told of a box set that included bonus tracks. The xtra tracks to be included are Under My Thumb, Prodical Son, You Gotta Move, Im Free & Satisfaction. These songs will be presented in audio & video format. The questions remain..Why only five songs and why only from MSG? San Francisco was also filmed( its in Gimmie Shelter) The footage is basically songs that were recorded at MSG on Nov. 27 & 28th. The Stones played two shows a day. Thats 4 Shows. Surely there were other versions of Sympathy, midnight Rambler,Love In Vain, Stray Cat Blues, Live With Me, Carol, Little Queenie, Street Fighting Man & Honky Tonk Women that were usable. What ABKCO did was complete the set. You see back in 1969 The Stones only played 16 or 17 songs per show. What abkco did was fill in the missing songs, so now if you have the original Get Yer Ya Yas Out(12 songs) and the box set Outakes of 5 songs. You now have one complete set(using various shows) from the garden. Yea, thats ok, But Why couldn't abkco include these bonus tracks on the original ya yas and then construct an alternate ya yas using the left over performances? They should have done that instead of giving us 12 songs by BB King & Ike & Tina on disc three. I mean Think Of It...Only 5 Additional tracks by the Stones & 12 by The Opening Bands!! Puzzling ? Then again it's ABKCO...They always find a way to spoil the party!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-05 01:23 by soulsurvivor1.

Re: Ya Ya's 40th Anniversary Box Set...Puzzling...Doink Again
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 4, 2009 23:30

Well said.

How about 2 complete Stones MSG shows followed by bonus tracks from SF.
Keep your opening acts. I wouldn't think anybody is buying it for those...

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: September 4, 2009 23:38

When wil ABKCO realise that it's never enough. We need the whole tour on film and audio. Plus extra's.

Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: September 5, 2009 02:00

I agree that we should have had the original Get Yer Ya Ya's Out but with the 5 extra included in one remastered cd. This is the same thing with the Led Zeppelin The SOng Remains the Same where the latest dvd had extra songs but were not put with same dvd in the order of concert. It's always nicer to put the whole show together.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: September 5, 2009 05:58

I reburned SAL with all the trax as one concert & I'll definitely do the same for Ya Ya. It's the booklet I'm interested in.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: September 5, 2009 08:51

i'm not usually one to stick up for abkco but i think they're trying to capture the stones original intent for ya ya's. mick and keith wanted it to be a double album with one lp of the stones and the 2nd being their opening acts.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: September 5, 2009 17:38

It would be nearly impossible for ABKCO to construct an entire set now. The original tapes used for Ya Yas were edited and overdubbed, and probably processed quite a bit. You couldn't do that with the missing tracks 40 years later.

Plus they want to keep the original album as it was released. If they added in extra tracks, the original album wouldn't exist any longer.

As for adding an entire concert on another disc, they certainly aren't likely to release a raw, untouched tape with feedback, bum notes, missing lyrics, band miscues etc.

the B.B. King and ike & Tina tracks may very well have been 'produced' back when the 2LP concept was considered, but we'll probably hear about that in the liner notes.

j

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: September 6, 2009 19:40

Yes but there is more than one master. Multiple copies were the order of the day for most bands. Remember, everything was done by hand..splicing, editing,etc..so multiple copies were an industry standard. And besides they only used one performance from Baltimore,and there are plenty of left overs from the Garden & Miami.Where's the rest of the songs from each show? A few bum notes.a sloppy ending.who cares. its 40 years ago.(not for anything but some of the live stuff the Stones have put out recently has the band switching chords a half a measure late, Mick screwing up words,Keith playing REAL SLOPPY and sometimes RONNIE'S SOLOS SOUND LIKE HES PLAYING WITH A CATCHERS MIT ON!)I am not advocating putting train wrecks out there for the people to buy but judging from the audience stuff ive heard over the years..The Band Was Pretty Tight.

CHARLIE

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1760
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home