Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ISO 'Still In Love (Sugar Baby) (outtake 3)' Undercover outtakes
Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: September 3, 2009 10:17

Doing some spring cleaning & I notice I don't think I have this. The reference I have to this is here
[www10.atwiki.jp]

Scroll down to the second last cd
CDR 050 - UNDERCOVER SESSIONS 1982-1983 DISC 3 (64:59)
and it's there
4 Still In Love (Sugar Baby) (outtake 3)

with the source being
'Learning The Game (RM 002) includes track 4 stereo'

I've got the 1'43 vocal version from Place Pigalle vol 3 VGP & Paris Results Remastered SODD. I've also got the 'Jammin With Stu' & 'Undercover Outtakes' versions which are referred to as outtakes 2 & 4

Is this 1.43 version outtake 1 ? Does anyone have the version from 'Learning The Game (RM 002)' they could check. How long is it, could you post it if possible. Thx for any help

It's just gone 5pm & my 2 dogs are telling me in no uncertain terms that it's past their tea-time

Re: ISO 'Still In Love (Sugar Baby) (outtake 3)' Undercover outtakes
Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: September 3, 2009 10:34

I have checked my version of 'Learning the game' (RM002) and there is no
Still in Love (Sugar baby) (outtake 3) on it.
Here' s the backcover for you to check it

Date: September 3, 2009 11:49

Thx for the info Rolling on. I have spotted the odd error in those lists & this might be one of those

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: September 3, 2009 18:04

Version IV is only on the Learning The Game vinyl LP, not on the CD!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-03 18:06 by midnrambler.

Date: September 3, 2009 19:18

Thx midnrambler, is that info from the Schwarzbuch, looks like the sort of book I need for my compilation attempts. What's the difference with the Weissbuch or is that the one I need to find out what's where. Hope they accept paypal...

Date: September 3, 2009 20:25

This is from the Weissbuch Recording Index, not from the Schwarzbuch. It lists all versions of all tracks in alphabetical order. You can get it here: [www.basement-news.de]

Date: September 3, 2009 20:44

Thx midnrambler, didn't realise how good this was. I think Mrs Vox has just found her christmas present for me. Shame they don't take credit cards or paypal, it's going to be fun getting the money over there, looks like a must-have though...

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: September 3, 2009 23:14

midnrambler
This is from the Weissbuch Recording Index, not from the Schwarzbuch. It lists all versions of all tracks in alphabetical order. You can get it here: [www.basement-news.de]

Is the Weissbuch Recording Index in German?

Date: September 3, 2009 23:22

strettonbull

Is the Weissbuch Recording Index in German?

No, it's in English. The preface is bilingual German & English, the main part is English. Since this website is not updated since 5 years or so I suggest that you first ask (by email) if it's still available before you send payment.

Date: September 4, 2009 06:47

I've mailed Dieter to see if the Weissbuch is still available.

I've since been informed that the long version of "Still In Love", described as version IV in the Weissbuch WAS RELEASED on the CD RM-02 "Learning the Game", but is incorrectly titled as "Ralph's Tune" (track 14) on the cover. Length is 7'21

I've just downloaded it courtesy of Rolling on, [www.iorr.org] , & this information is correct. Another piece of the jigsaw puzzle in place

Thx to all for helping out

Posted by: Albert Hoffman ()
Date: May 30, 2010 08:32

vox12string
I've mailed Dieter to see if the Weissbuch is still available.

I've since been informed that the long version of "Still In Love", described as version IV in the Weissbuch WAS RELEASED on the CD RM-02 "Learning the Game", but is incorrectly titled as "Ralph's Tune" (track 14) on the cover. Length is 7'21

I've just downloaded it courtesy of Rolling on, [www.iorr.org] , & this information is correct. Another piece of the jigsaw puzzle in place

Thx to all for helping out
Thank you, I'm downloading Learning the Game. I want to listen Ralph's tune; i really love STILL IN LOVE. Is the best.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: May 31, 2010 01:23

IN FLAC? PLEASE..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1803
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home