Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick taks about bootlegs
Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: August 12, 2009 11:09

In the Unsurpassed Masters vol.1 , the first track is a recording of Mick talking about bootlegs.
Do you know when it was recorded? at least which year?

Re: Mick taks about bootlegs
Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: August 12, 2009 12:09

straycat58
In the Unsurpassed Masters vol.1 , the first track is a recording of Mick talking about bootlegs.

I have that audio track somewhere, it was downloaded from Dime 2 years ago or so, i think it was recorded on 1975 or 1981, not sure, i will find it later on my external HD and i going to tell you date & place, but surely it was recorded on USA.

Martín

Date: August 12, 2009 12:45

Tks Martin. BTW, no hurry.

Posted by: Paintitblak ()
Date: August 12, 2009 15:16

Argentino
straycat58

I have that audio track somewhere, it was downloaded from Dime 2 years ago or so, i think it was recorded on 1975 or 1981, not sure, i will find it later on my external HD and i going to tell you date & place, but surely it was recorded on USA.

Martín

It was available on silver CD way before it was uploaded on Dime. I believe that was recorded during the 1975 North American Tour.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: August 12, 2009 16:22

If it was the interview that first appeared on "Static In The Attic" and he says "Bootlegs?-yeah I like bootlegs" its part of a much longer interview that came from Swedish(I think?) radio 1970. I have the entire bcast on tape somewhere in boxes of cassettes. The bootleg hes talking about hearing is "LIVER" where he said hes heard better on cassette tape!(of course if this isnt the interview you mean I aplolgize)

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 12, 2009 17:32

I have this silver and I always thought the tape was running too fast : Mick's voice sounds funny...
Am I wrong?

Date: August 12, 2009 18:09

It's this one:

[www.mediafire.com]

Date: August 12, 2009 20:36

dcba.it IS running a little fast. I think Mickboy slowed it down a little when he included it on his IORR remaster. Its "intro" (trk 1) on disc 2 of this:

[www.iorr.org]

And this IS the interview aired on Sweden(I think) radio in 1970. Mick is refering to the "LIVER" boot. I have the entire interview on cassette-I will go difg out the boxes and see if I can find it! Its been years since I listened to the whole thing!

The links appear to be dead(sorry! didnt check first)maybe someone can repost it?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-12 20:38 by scottkeef.

Posted by: makim ()
Date: August 13, 2009 01:29

scottkeef
And this IS the interview aired on Sweden(I think) radio in 1970. Mick is refering to the "LIVER" boot. I have the entire interview on cassette-I will go difg out the boxes and see if I can find it! Its been years since I listened to the whole thing!

I got this interview on tape many years ago and mine was labeled something like "Swedish Radio 1970" too, however he talks about Beautiful Delilah and that was released in 1971 (as far as I know) so this interview can not be from 1970. Does anybody else know more?

Date: August 13, 2009 01:49

I never heard a reference to "Beautiful Delilah" on my copy-I heard Mick say "I didnt much like the LIVE one". But I went back and listened to the entire interview(at least all I have) and it starts off with the interviewer saying "You just finshed a tour two months ago of America- why did you stop touring in 67?"
Mick states they have Mick Taylor in the band now... (I'm paraphrasing some-I didnt quote it word for word). I think the reference to Mick and the 69 tour along with discussion of the new record label later in the interview pretty much dates it as 1970.

Date: August 13, 2009 17:00

Hi Scottkeef,

it seems I misheard "I didn't like LIVER" as "I didn't like DELILAH" but from the context it must be Liver than you'll ever be he is talking about. Sorry for any confusion and thanks for pointing this out!

Date: August 13, 2009 17:47

It seems that this interview has circulated quite a bit but honestly I caught it completely by accident when I first listened that it was the same interview that I heard(first) on "Static In The Attic" cd. makim, does your tape end with the "Keep the price of bootlegs down" remark like on the cd? My tape actually ends right before that line! and I always wondered if there was more to it?

Date: August 13, 2009 19:48

Hi Scottkeef, I will be at home on Saturday and check and let you know if my tape has more!

Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: August 14, 2009 00:24

Argentino
straycat58

Martín

I have to say sorry, i think i have it but i can't find it, surely it was on my other external HD when crash... but i can remember downloading it from DIME 2 or 3 years ago, surely some persons here have that record... hope they can help us!

Martín

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 14, 2009 01:18

yeah mick keeps saying its badly recorded, which it is when compared to ya yas but it still scared them enough though didnt it?

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: August 14, 2009 02:32

Hi Guys...I have Mick on Danish Radio From 1970...Does That Help?

Charlie

Date: August 16, 2009 22:19

@scottkeef: I had my tape transferred to CD but could not find it yet. Will look for the original tape, must have it somewhere

@Martin: I think you are talking about another spoken word recording (usually goes under the name "Mick Jagger Buying Bootlegs in New York" from 1975 (as far as I know)

@soulsurvivor1: Yes, "Danish Radio 1970" is the interview on Unsurpassed Masters vol.1. Could you check how long it is and what is first and last question?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1247
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home