Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rockin' Rott, one of the greatest US traders was killed recently
Posted by: Gene Broxson ()
Date: July 31, 2009 02:31

I am shocked and saddened to report to the Rolling Stones community of collectors and friends, that one of the greatest American traders who ever lived was killed in a traffic accident last week. From Florida, Charlie McCormick, more popularly known as "ROCKIN' ROTT" was one of the warmest, friendliest and most genuine people that I ever met. He created some of the finest Rolling Stones artwork for our recordings that was ever produced by anyone. Anyone familiar with his great artwork knows that he used, as his trademark, the image of his beloved rottweiler dog who died long ago. He did this in an attempt to preserve the memory of his lost pet forever on the artworks we all know and share. Now he is gone himself, but his memory will always be kept alive in the artwork he created for all of us.

Charlie McCormick was kind and generous to a fault, and his love for the Rolling Stones and their music was legendary. I have known him for many years, and am devastated to hear the tragic news of his sudden and untimely death. He was one of the best people I ever met in my entire life. For the many people whose lives he touched, who were fortunate enough to have known him in the short time he was here--he will be sorely missed.

Gene M. Broxson

Re: Rockin' Rott, one of the greatest US traders was killed recently
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: July 31, 2009 03:40

Very sorry to hear about that. Hate to bring it up in this forum but,Gene do you know whatever happened to Steve Kinney? I used to talk to him(and trade) alot and I think he knew you. I havent heard from him in a long time and was concerned something may have happened to him.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: July 31, 2009 06:28

My first dog was a rotty & I always get a touch of nostalgia about him whenever I see the Rockin Rott logo. He created some fine artwork & I bet his rotty was waiting for him at the Rainbow Bridge.

[www.indigo.org]

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: July 31, 2009 11:25

Very sad news; I had traded some Faces stuff with him some time ago, and indeed he was very generous and friendly.
He will be missed!

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: July 31, 2009 12:02

Very, very sorry to hear this. I traded with him regularly years ago until the torrent scene started and he was always friendly and faithful. I believe he was an IORR regular, too.

Posted by: Paintitblak ()
Date: July 31, 2009 15:24

Shit !!! Did some business with Charlie !!! What a sad news ! I'm devastated !

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: July 31, 2009 16:24

Just found his obituary

[www.legacy.com]

Posted by: robbert ()
Date: July 31, 2009 17:59

I am shocked as well a few months ago this past winter I traded some orginal bootlegs with him he wrote me great letters about his label and his rottweiler. I did send him very fast as he did always too. God bless him and all the support for his wife daughter and family.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: July 31, 2009 19:20

Very sad news. RIP. Love and light.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 31, 2009 20:32

This is so sad to hear - it came as a shock to me
Charlie and I wrote emails to eachother, discsussing recordings and such - and traded music. He was a very very kind person, and great sense of humour; never met anyone who was more easy to communicate with than him. He will be missed over here.
Yes, Charlie was an IORR regular ever since the start. Must be very hard for his family now.
We last spoke on June 18th, that's just about the time of the tragic accident, I think - was wondering why we lost touch after that...but now I know

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-01 01:46 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: August 1, 2009 01:47

I used to call him brother since we met for the first time in 2003. He came over to Vienna and we drove together along with others to Munich for the 3 shows there. Very sad that the last time I met him in person was the day after the Circus Krone show when we met at my appartment. A few years later he was invited to a wedding of a friend of ours over here but couldn't make it and so we spent many nights on ICQ and exchanged endless mails and never forgot the birthday of each other because we both were born on February 23...

From what his wife told his death was even more tragic as he wasn't killed in an accident - the crash was the consequence of his sudden death.

I sadly miss him - he was a great guy with an even greater sense of humor - I'll never forget you brother.

Thomas

Posted by: stoneguy ()
Date: August 5, 2009 21:02

Charlie and I did half dozen Stones shows together, including the MSG shows from January 2003, the three Munich shows from June 2003 (spoken of previously by Thomas) and finally opening night of the Bigger Bang tour at Fenway Park in Boston 2005. That was the last time I saw Charlie. I also got to meet his lovely wife Lori that night. Charlie was a kind and generous guy with an infectious smile and I will miss him immensely. I'm thinking of you bro, and will never forget you.

Joe

Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: August 5, 2009 23:30

R.I.P. Charlie McCormick

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: August 6, 2009 00:23

I didn't knew him, but but all the comments agree in the kind of person he was, so my deepful respect to Charlie McCormick.
His wonderful artworks will remain in our collections or ever.
R.I.P.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2227
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home