Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Looking for Glasgow 73
Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: July 9, 2009 13:57

I have the old Dancing with Mr. M which is very poor.
I read that in the meantime couple of titles with enhanced audio came out: Scotland 1973 for instance.
Anybody here has a better Glasgow and can upload it?
Tks in advance.

Re: Looking for Glasgow 73
Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: July 9, 2009 16:48

I have Glasgow Apollo 16 September 1973. Don´t know if it´s better.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: July 9, 2009 21:22

I've heard, Glasgow will be released together with Manchester by DAC soon;
so I think it will be available here within the next months!

Date: July 9, 2009 21:56

Tks, will wait for the DAC. Manchester? let's hope it's complete.
I don't know Glasgow Apollo 16 September 1973; my Dancing with Mr.M should be the first ever appeared but it's almost inaudible.

Date: July 9, 2009 22:20

No track details yet from my supplier:

ROLLING STONES,THE 2CD LIVE FROM ENGLAND 1973 DOG n CAT RECORDS DAC-090 < LIVE AT KING'S HALL-BELLE-VUE, MANCHESTER, UK SETEMBER 12, 1973 + APOLLO THEATRE, GLASGOW, SCOTLAND SEPTEMBER 16, 1973

you might also be interested in this:

ROLLING STONES,THE 2CD GET YOUR LEEDS LUNGS OUT DOG n CAT RECORDS DAC-089 < LIVE AT UNIVERSITY OF LEEDS, LEEDS, UK '71.3.13 (SBD) + ROUNDHOUSE, CHALK FARM , LONDON '71.3.14 (2nd Show) (AUDIENCE)

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: July 10, 2009 07:16

Wonder if they got the master tape for Glasgow & if the wow & flutter is on that then it's fixable, altho quite arcane. If not there's really no way you can fix the speed variations.

Posted by: MrsHop ()
Date: July 10, 2009 12:00

Hi. Sorry I don't know how to upload stuff- which I guess is why I'm 'old school' & have these releases in the first place! :-).
The Manchester '73 recording on the new DAC release 'Live From England' DOES include 'JJF' for the first time (but no 'SFM'). As usual- DAC's mastering is on the dull side, but- it sounds pretty good.
The BAD NEWS is: Several months ago, a Jap' 'No-Label' release appearred of Glasgow '73, which- even though I'd say is fair-good quality- DAC have completely RUINED IT!. It's like listening to the no-label version, after stuffing a pair of socks into each of your hi-fi speakers!.
It's a disagrace- as DAC seem to actually be downgrading other releases. They did the same fairly recently with 'Hold On Tight'.

Date: July 10, 2009 13:30

MrsHop
Hi. Sorry I don't know how to upload stuff- which I guess is why I'm 'old school' & have these releases in the first place! :-).
The Manchester '73 recording on the new DAC release 'Live From England' DOES include 'JJF' for the first time (but no 'SFM'). As usual- DAC's mastering is on the dull side, but- it sounds pretty good.
The BAD NEWS is: Several months ago, a Jap' 'No-Label' release appearred of Glasgow '73, which- even though I'd say is fair-good quality- DAC have completely RUINED IT!. It's like listening to the no-label version, after stuffing a pair of socks into each of your hi-fi speakers!.
It's a disagrace- as DAC seem to actually be downgrading other releases. They did the same fairly recently with 'Hold On Tight'.

JJF from Manchester is indeed a great finding.

As per Glasgow, I read somewhere that an enhanced version of Dancing with Mr. M was issued with the title "Sounds of Satisfaction" and maybe also on "Live in Scotland". Anybody knows these two names and can comment?

Posted by: MrsHop ()
Date: July 10, 2009 14:17

straycat58
JJF from Manchester is indeed a great finding.

Yes- I absolutely agree with you :-). The unfortunate thing imo is how badly DAC master their releases. I know that the 2 words: 'Sister Morphine' usually stir-up alot of ill-feeling on this board & I don't want to start a riot- as that whole thing just goes on & on & on.
However, SM released Manchester '73 a year or 2 ago (minus JJF) from the same old VGP source & it sounds A MILLION $s, compared to this new DAC version- regardless of whatever source DAC claim to have used.

Date: July 10, 2009 17:28

MrsHop, it's also a matter of personal taste.
Just to remain in 1973, let's take Munich 2nd. I personally prefer the DAC version "Munich at Least" to the VGP "Satellite delayed", but I must admit that DAC sounds more distorted and infact most of the people prefer the VGP.

Manchester 73: I still have the VGP-021 which was already a very good recording; I'll look for the SM release and compare.

Date: July 14, 2009 22:20

MrsHop
I know that the 2 words: 'Sister Morphine' usually stir-up alot of ill-feeling on this board & I don't want to start a riot- as that whole thing just goes on & on & on.
However, SM released Manchester '73 a year or 2 ago (minus JJF) from the same old VGP source & it sounds A MILLION $s, compared to this new DAC version- regardless of whatever source DAC claim to have used.

MrsHop, for the last days I have been trying in vain to lay my hands on the Sister Morphine release from Manchester, can't even find out what it's called!
Can you please send me a cd-r copy by snail mail, I will cover all costs or maybe we can find something I can send to you?

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: July 14, 2009 22:35

[www.dimeadozen.org]
Here the Glasgow/manchester 73 dac recording

gr Keessie

Date: July 14, 2009 23:17

Thanks Keessie, I'm aware of that, I will be getting the DAC release soon, I hope.

But I am looking for Sister Morphine's version!
In the meantime I found out that it is simply called "Manchester 1973" (MORPH 63), thanks atwiki !

Date: July 15, 2009 12:13

many thanks Keessie. I'm d/l it right now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1972
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home