Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Credits by and with the uploads .
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: July 2, 2009 09:03

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-19 12:57 by UrbanSteel.

Re: Credits by and with the uploads .
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: July 3, 2009 14:06

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-19 12:52 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: breadfan ()
Date: July 3, 2009 14:40

Definately a good idea, known in the trade as LINEAGE smiling smiley We already see this as a pre requisite on other sites and ultimately just good manners. If you only prefer lossless you need to ensure no loss is included in the transfer or history of the recording, and if it is leastways it is disclosed and you have the option to download it or not, same goes for mp3, you do not want to see a 128 to a greater bitrate as it is ultimately pointless and not worth having.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: July 3, 2009 17:22

UrbanSteel
Would it be a good idea to mention where your/the uploads came from ?

Something like ;

A my silvers
B cd-r's / dvd-r's from trade
C cd-r's / dvd-r's as a gift from ...
D From torrents , thanks to ....

Erik , thanks for the hint , good idea .

Hey Jos!

"Your way" could be, or you can continue using "from my silvers", "dvd-r's from trade" etc., i think that would be the best choice because is a worldwide way to post something, otherwise will be only an "IORR's way", Do you know what i mean? winking smiley

Cheers,

Martín

Posted by: rolledgold ()
Date: July 4, 2009 22:47

ok, but first of all it must be checked before upload whether it really comes from a real (WAV)source!
Over and over again MP3 are converted into FLAC ! What brings there the best lineage? ...

rolledgold

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 4, 2009 22:59

rolledgold
ok, but first of all it must be checked before upload whether it really comes from a real (WAV)source!
Over and over again MP3 are converted into FLAC ! What brings there the best lineage? ...

rolledgold

Absolutely.
The "A Bigger Bang" early mixes were only ever available as MP3s but that didn't stop enterprising bootleggers from pressing "silvers" of them and presenting them as a new boot. People who bought it in good faith would then post them as FLACs not knowing the lineage.
A similar thing happened with the Aberdeen 82 boot which is an IORR exclusive, but no credit is ever given to the original uploaders.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-04 23:03 by Deltics.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 5, 2009 00:48

...I couldn't have said it better Deltics! thumbs up

Posted by: Ludwig8745 ()
Date: July 5, 2009 01:17

UrbanSteel

Who else should have suggested that if not IORR's headteacher and smart-arse....

But ok. Here's my official announcement:

All my uploads come from Rolling Stones shows.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 5, 2009 01:29

Ludwig8745
UrbanSteel

Who else should have suggested that if not IORR's headteacher and smart-arse....

You got some kind of complex....tossers like you seem to have them. Leave me out of it; and don't mention me anymore in your smelly posts

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-05 01:40 by Erik_Snow.

Date: July 5, 2009 02:24

Erik_Snow
Ludwig8745
UrbanSteel

You got some kind of complex....tossers like you seem to have them. Leave me out of it; and don't mention me anymore in your smelly posts

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: July 5, 2009 03:38

All the UPLOADERS are wellcome on IORR's HOT STUFF (That's DIPLOMATIC !)
If someone want to download the SHOW from X instead of the one from Y
why not? (That's VERY DIPLOMATIC !)

HMN
winking smiley

Date: July 5, 2009 04:01

-

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-05 14:54 by Erik_Snow.

Date: July 5, 2009 04:13

Erik_Snow
Ludwig8745

That's a great looking girl; it still doesn't make up for the for the fact that you keep on harrassing me in your posts. If it wasn't for me; you wouldn't have as many "MP3/FLAC uploads" to pass of as your own; so why keep on attacking me.
There's a lot of @#$%& out there in the world; and the most intellegent way to go about them is to stay away from them.
I stay away from you, if you dislike me - then stay away from me - and stop mentioing my name, and stop posting your "uploads" taken from my torrents. But since you don't have the brain to do just that, I think I'm rightous in my last post; "you've got some kind of complex - which you take out on the internet" - and in ,amy cases, ME......whom you don't know at all, by the way
So please keep on recycling your torrent-downloads; and count the "thankses", but don't try to get into a "fight" with me....there's really no point in it - it's just a waste of time for me, and the IORR-readers. If it makes you happy to share other people's belongings....then just do it; and rot away in your stinking little basement in Germany. Over and out

Someone is waiting for you, Erik...

please take a seat....

Date: July 5, 2009 04:20

Oh....so I'm supposed to laugh now ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-05 04:24 by Erik_Snow.

Date: July 5, 2009 04:24

[why the heck do I spend time talking to a....monkey....sausage...or whatever it is]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-05 04:28 by Erik_Snow.

Date: July 5, 2009 04:29

Erik_Snow
Oh....so I'm supposed to laugh now ?

Yes, indeed...(just ape...so you don't have to change...):

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: July 5, 2009 09:19

Hmm. I consider Erik to be one of the 'sages' when it comes to Stones collecting, I consider myself a collector with a small "c" in comparison to him. Check out his posts & the info he has given us is invaluable & shows the wealth of knowledge he has about the subject.

You have also proven to be a prolific participant in this board, Ludwig, & I would have expected better than what I see here...

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: July 5, 2009 10:36

Back to the original subject, I would also appreciate very much if the uploaders give all credits; it really helps and Urban Steel does this in an
ideal way!
By the way, it has been asked before:

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: July 5, 2009 14:19

yep please use "lineage" when Uploading...not a fan of compressed (lossy) quality. Many thanks to those people who do upload a heap of stuff for everyone.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2079
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home