Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - ISO Neil Young - Glastonbury 2009
Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: June 29, 2009 14:22

Can anyone post this?

Re: OT - ISO Neil Young - Glastonbury 2009
Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: June 30, 2009 18:20

DVDs of his 5 songs from the BBC highlights are at dime & tapecity. The audio was a bitch to find but got it at last, only 128bit mp3s but they sound mighty fine

[beat-surrender.blogspot.com]

Date: July 1, 2009 09:42

Thanks Vox!

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: July 1, 2009 12:52

Of the clips the BBC broadcast, Neil Young was in fine form but man, did the BBC make a mess of their NY coverage. Far too much yak yak from the presenters and repeated showings of novelty acts like The Ting Tings.

At least they got their act together for BS&TESB show the next night. They managed to broadcast 90mins of the show, which, hats off to Brooce and his band of rockers, was great!!

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: July 1, 2009 14:58

Father Ted
Of the clips the BBC broadcast, Neil Young was in fine form but man, did the BBC make a mess of their NY coverage. Far too much yak yak from the presenters and repeated showings of novelty acts like The Ting Tings.

At least they got their act together for BS&TESB show the next night. They managed to broadcast 90mins of the show, which, hats off to Brooce and his band of rockers, was great!!

The main problem was the lack of coverage from the other stages. Even the red button material was all repeat footage of the major acts,as good as some of them were.
The Neil Young situation is explained here [www.bbc.co.uk]

Date: July 2, 2009 10:33

Thanks for the link. My apologies to the BBC- it was Neil Young's management who placed a limited on the coverage.

Posted by: kingkirby ()
Date: July 2, 2009 12:38

Along similar lines, I don't suppose anyone out there has the Crosby, Stills & Nash performance from this years Glastonbury?

I was at the festival, and they were the highlight of the weekend for me; they were all sounding strong, particularly Crosby, and they seemed genuinely touched by the reception they got from the crowd...

Thanks,
Ed

Date: July 2, 2009 15:21

Ed - Have been looking for this since it was broadcast. I'll post a link on IORR if I find it anywhere.

Yes,CSN put on a great show I thought. Some great solos and they are still so harmonious.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 2, 2009 18:20

At least there is something available from Glastonbury. As far as I know nothing at all was officially allowed to be broadcast from his Isle of Wight performance.

Date: July 2, 2009 18:41

Posted by: kingkirby ()
Date: July 2, 2009 19:12

awesome! Fine work strettonbull, much appreciated...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1951
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home