Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

78 Soundboard Recordings
Posted by: J8ste ()
Date: May 5, 2009 23:53

I Am Looking For:

Live In England 1974 (The Entire Album): for those who don't know this is a bootleg of the '78 tour and not the '74 tour some rare tracks

Hound Dog: Lexington

Shattered: Civic Center

Houston: Whatever Is Available

I already own Handsome Girls, Some Boys, And Gorgeous Girls:Redux

Re: 78 Soundboard Recordings
Posted by: marko ()
Date: May 6, 2009 19:39

Live from England 1974,is from Lexinton,Detroit and membhis.I don´t have this
particular boot anynore,as its only released on vinyl.
But Lexinton parts i have on lexinton cdr.

Date: May 7, 2009 02:19

marko
Live from England 1974,is from Lexinton,Detroit and membhis.I don´t have this
particular boot anynore,as its only released on vinyl.
But Lexinton parts i have on lexinton cdr.

I can buy it at a local record shop, the owner wants $60, and it's great condition no crackling or pops, the guy's cool and let's me take things for test runs in a room there. Do you think that's a reasonable price? or too high? or a steal?

Thanks,
J8ste

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: May 7, 2009 04:04

if you want it that bad and it's worth it to you don't worry what people say ----buy it...i got it for about $8 probably 25 years ago and never thought it was anything special...

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Date: May 7, 2009 04:10

lunar!!!
if you want it that bad and it's worth it to you don't worry what people say ----buy it...i got it for about $8 probably 25 years ago and never thought it was anything special...

want to post it, my theory is I really don't like bootleg vinyl, I get scared because it's fragile, as is regular vinyl, but not the point. I would only play it once, to transfer it to mp3. My point is, I doubt 12 mp3's are worth $5 a piece.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: May 7, 2009 04:16

OK..yes --you have a good point.

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Date: May 7, 2009 04:25

lunar!!!
OK..yes --you have a good point.

If you post them, maybe I can return the favour later on.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 7, 2009 04:34

I can reseed Midnrambler's and Marko's vinyl-rips of this bootleg for only $30

Date: May 7, 2009 04:47

Erik_Snow

For that amount I might as well go pay the other $30 and buy the record, at least i'd have the record as a souvenir in the end.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 7, 2009 05:01

J8ste
Erik_Snow

For that amount I might as well go pay the other $30 and buy the record, at least i'd have the record as a souvenir in the end.

I'll send you a postcard for $35

Date: May 7, 2009 05:04

Erik_Snow
J8ste
Erik_Snow

I'll send you a postcard for $35

haha... you may find this hard to believe, but i'm gonna have to turn that offer down. Thanks for the indirect input. Wasn't sure if you were serious or not.

I'm a little down in the dumps today cause my dad died 10 years ago today.

Posted by: billywalsh ()
Date: May 7, 2009 09:28

Years ago, I knew an owner who would let me preview the "imports."

He saved me a ton of money by sifting through the rubbish.

He also got ALL of my business, because there was always a diamond in the rough that I had missed out on.

He figured that a customer with a fulltime income would move more collector pieces than an under employed person who didn't take the hobby seriously.

I agree with that business model.

Who wants to pay top buck for junk? Especially today, where not all burners have the same set of skills or software?

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: May 7, 2009 21:03

This double album contains 4 tracks in exc. quality that are unavailable on CD in this quality (Tumbling Dice, Happy, Brown Sugar, Jumping Jack Flash). Rest is uninteresting and the well known and 1000 times released '78 sbd stuff. I have posted these 4 tracks on Dime some time ago, but they are no longer there.

Date: May 7, 2009 22:58

midnrambler
This double album contains 4 tracks in exc. quality that are unavailable on CD in this quality (Tumbling Dice, Happy, Brown Sugar, Jumping Jack Flash). Rest is uninteresting and the well known and 1000 times released '78 sbd stuff. I have posted these 4 tracks on Dime some time ago, but they are no longer there.

I got them from UrbanSteel, I want better mixes if possible. Same thing for Hound Dog and Shattered, I have them but I want a better recording if someone has it not that they aren't bad but Handsome Girls makes these six sound like audience tracks.

Date: May 8, 2009 00:02

J8ste
midnrambler

I got them from UrbanSteel, I want better mixes if possible. Same thing for Hound Dog and Shattered, I have them but I want a better recording if someone has it not that they aren't bad but Handsome Girls makes these six sound like audience tracks.

You won't get better mixes on the "Live From England 1974" album because I have taken them from there. I think they sound excellent and not "like audience recordings". Are you sure you got exactly the tracks from my torrent? Worse versions are also circulating.
Hound Dog from Lexington is not so great but there is no better recording available. And what Shattered version do you mean, can you please explain? I don't know any Shattered that is not on Handsome Girls.

Date: May 8, 2009 02:43

I got my tracks from UrbanSteel's posts

Shattered is from the first show of the tour (Civic Center), and is on the Some Boys EP.

The version of '74 I listened to sounded amazing, so it might just be that the Handsome Girls sounds so much better, and your '74 tracks are the best they can be.

I know none of these six tracks are audience but all of them are inferior quality when compared to Handsome Girls (minus the 2 or 3 audience tracks).

Here's a Flac Download of Shattered:
Shattered (FLAC)

And an mp3 Download of it:
Shattered (mp3)

I'm not trying to offend anyone, i'm extremely gracious for all the posts and help.

Thanks, And Hope Everyone Can Understand,
J8ste

Date: May 8, 2009 10:19

Thanks for clearing up about Shattered. This one is clearly an audience recording, but a very good one. Wished the full Lakeland show would be available in this quality. There are 4 more tracks on the Saturday Night Live LP.

Date: May 8, 2009 21:36

midnrambler
Thanks for clearing up about Shattered. This one is clearly an audience recording, but a very good one. Wished the full Lakeland show would be available in this quality. There are 4 more tracks on the Saturday Night Live LP.

I thought this was a little crappy for a soundboard, even for '78.

Can anyone upload the SNL tracks, and rehearsals?

Thanks, J8ste

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1682
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home