Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Looking for Risk Disc website.
Posted by: GerH1977 ()
Date: March 25, 2009 11:23

Hi,
I'm looking for the website of Risk Disc. Is there anybody out here who can tell me if this label is still up and running? Tried to contact the person from this label but he doesn't reply.
Thx

Re: Looking for Risk Disc website.
Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: March 25, 2009 14:45

[www.cd-bootleg.com]

Run by a guy named sumi, posts here every so often, lives in Serbia I believe. His profile has this email addy -

mp3police@yahoo.com

You might do a search under his name to see what he's on about, make sure you choose 'all dates' as he goes back awhile,

I'm trying to re-master his 1969 11 08 LA 1st concert even as we speak, the 2 acoustic songs are a bitch, not much you can do about them, the rest of it comes up quite well

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: March 25, 2009 16:07

Weren't some of his releases on real silver CDs while others were only on CDRs? But I can't find any hints on his site about this.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-25 16:08 by midnrambler.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: March 25, 2009 20:26

Yeah, he switched to cdrs at some point. There are a number of titles that I don't see listed on that page ie. Atlanta '78, Bloomington '75,Stuttgart '76 and Chicago '69. I think Chicago '69 might have been his last release. I always really liked dealing with Sumi:straight-up guy, quick responses and when I sent cash in a registered letter and it was lost, he sent the package anyway (I was eventually reimbursed by the postal service).

Posted by: vladar966 ()
Date: March 25, 2009 22:17

I heard something about Risc Disc, but I'm not sure if its true.

1. Risc Dics closed few years ago.
2. All CDs destroyed by Serbian police force.

Sorry,

Vladar

Date: March 26, 2009 00:21

That's sad to hear, Vladar. Hope he didn't get in any trouble.

Posted by: vladar966 ()
Date: March 26, 2009 14:34

Yes, that's sad. About trouble, I'm not sure. Trial is not finished; the subject is still in court. Let's wait for judge decision. I hope that everything will be fine for Mr.Sumi. I'll pray for him!

Vlada R

Posted by: sumi ()
Date: December 31, 2009 15:08

Hello,
Sorry I did not see this thread before.
Just to say that I am OK now! Court is finnished, and I don't go to jail house smiling smiley))
As you can read no more Risk Disc. It was really golden era in my life. It was pleausure to deal with you people. I wrote book about Risk Disc label. I search for publisher here in Serbia. I hope that I will translate one day on English.
Sumi

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: December 31, 2009 15:22

In the past I bought a bunch of titles from you and were excellent.
Since the shape is different from the regular CD in plastic case, they're the first CDs I find when I open my closets.

Sumi, one question: there's no way to find Budva 07, and a better source of Usce Park? .. and what about Zagreb 76?

Date: December 31, 2009 15:53

Thanks straycat58. I really don't know about Budva and better source of Belgrade. I have Belgrade which already circulate. I really hope that Budva will circulate. I think that exist recording from Zagreb 76 but incoplete (maybe 45 minutes). I hope that it will one day be in circualtion.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: December 31, 2009 16:21

Glad to hear you are ok Sumi. Always loved your discs!! Best of luck to you!!!

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: December 31, 2009 16:24

Tks for the info Sumi; it happens sometimes I come to Belgrade for business; in case we'll meet for a beer.

Date: December 31, 2009 21:52

Yeah, thanks Sumi and I'm glad you're okay. Always enjoyed dealing with you and you put out some great titles !

Date: January 2, 2010 16:12

I moved to town about 180 km far from Belgrade, but it will be pleasure to drink a beer smiling smiley
Thanks DrPete and andrewm

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2047
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home