Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

72 Tour ?'s
Posted by: acet ()
Date: January 7, 2009 16:08

Hello everyone. This is my first post, and if this info has already been covered elsewhere, please forgive me. I have just started acquiring some of the sbd 72 performances and it seems like many of the compilations are duplicative of one another.

In particular, from what I can tell, there are various compilations which include sbd performances from Philadelphia, Ft. Worth and Houston.

Is there something out there which has all of the tracks without any repeats? If not, is there a website which breaks down which of the shows are available?

Also, just wanted to say that this site is absolutely incredible! I downloaded the L&G soundtrack from here the other night and it is fantastic. Also downloaded the 2/27/73 this morning and cannot wait to hear it.

Thanks for the help-

Re: 72 Tour ?'s
Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: January 7, 2009 17:20

I hope this can help....

There are a few box sets from the '72 tour. "Work Sucks, Let's Go On Tour" comes to mind but as bootlegs frequently get re-released by other lables with different titles, this may not be the only release of all the soundboard material from the tour.

It combines tracks from the Ladies and Gentlemen Soundtrack, both Philadelphia Special I and II, and Ft. Worth Express and Keep Your Motor Running (The Lost Live Album). Because most of these tracks were available initially on compilations, the shows that circulate are often incomplete. For example, there are tracks from the 1st Ft. Worth 6/24 show that appear on Philadelphia Special I, Philly Special II, and the L&G soundtrack. Likewise, the Philadelphia 7/21 1st show tracks that are available are spread out over different compilations.

There is a box set (I think it's "Work Sucks" but I can't remember) that has both Fort Worth 6/24 shows (both incomplete), all the Houston 6/25 tracks from the L&G soundtrack, all of the available Philadelphia 7/20 tracks, the Philadelphia 7/21 1st and 2nd show, plus the Pittsburg 7/22 recording and the New York 7/26/72 recording. None of the shows are complete although Pittsburg only lacks "Sweet Virginia", which is replaced by a performance from Ft. Worth.

You should check out Urban Steel's excellent thread here on this site. Most, if not all, of these tracks are available here for download.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: January 7, 2009 18:53

To get almost all the '72 soundboards in one release get the Rattlesnake 7 CD box set "Touring Party 1972".

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 7, 2009 19:27

I have to second that-probably the best of the 72 sb collections!!

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: January 7, 2009 19:28

The Rattlesnake 7 CD set does not include Pittsburgh.

I believe "Work Sucks" was a fan compilation that took the Rattlesnake set, fixed some references and added Pittsburgh. Whether the Rattlesnake or Work Sucks editions have the best version of each show is another issue . . .

A great source for available shows is stonesvikingrob.com

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 7, 2009 22:58

I only have VG's "Royal Dragon" version of the Pittsburg sb and even though it may be a good performance its about the worst sbs from 72 that I've heard.

Posted by: akgameboy ()
Date: January 7, 2009 23:09

This is just what you're looking for:
http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?2,697080,697080#msg-697080

And I'd advise you download the '72 bootleg called You Can't Do That Baby.
It's the best sounding '72 bootleg I can think of.

Posted by: acet ()
Date: January 7, 2009 23:22

Let me extend a collective thank you for all of these helpful replies. Much appreciated, indeed-

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: January 7, 2009 23:50

the audience of pittsburg 7/22 has not been uploaded on hot stuff ???????

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: January 8, 2009 15:59

Pittsburgh AUDIENCE tape is HORRIBLE...dont bother. sounboard excellent, but a couple of the songs are from Philadelphia.

JR

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: January 8, 2009 16:06

ok.need some trax to filler,,to the sb

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1608
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home