Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New dvd releases
Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: January 3, 2009 02:46

Just to inform you, in case you havent noticed:
smileys with beer"charlie is my darling" is off. realeased, and can be bought at amazon.com (US).
Another release is "Rolling stones Early years in London".It,s claim to be an off. release from BBC - but I,am not sure. The dvd has no copyright warnings (and so on) and don,t "look" like others VHS or DVD,s i,ve bought from the BBC collection. It,s all known stuff - Hyde Park , and 3 clips from Marquee Club.
The very new is 3 new releases from Hyde Park - Mercy;Mercy, Stray cat blues, and No expectations - all in VERY good quality. In my opinion the Hyde Park concert is in a better quality than the Granada release. This one can be bought at amazon.co.uk - only 9 GBP. By the way - - I,ve have ordered "Charlie is my darling", and forgot I already had it. I havent received it yet, but when I do, I have no use keepin my boot dvd - so anyone want it - for free - ofcourse? .
My opologizi for any misspelling - I,ve havent recovered from the new year night!!

Re: New dvd releases
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 3, 2009 04:09

Let us know about the quality of "Charlie" as I havent ever heard of a offical release so it would be nice to know if its an upgrade! As far as the dvd with the "Marquee Club"-I would be very suspicious of that as I dont believe its ever been released officially unless maybe these may be clips that were included in a documentary?? Very interesting,indeed!

Date: January 3, 2009 04:22

yes scott, of course i,ll let you know.

Cheers Bo

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: January 3, 2009 11:30

hedegaard
The very new is 3 new releases from Hyde Park - Mercy;Mercy, Stray cat blues, and No expectations - all in VERY good quality.

These 3 tracks are not new, they are as bonus tracks on the Japanese remastered "Stones In The Park" release

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-03 11:31 by midnrambler.

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: January 3, 2009 11:43

There circulated more new officel dvd's for not too much money, but the quality of the bootlegdvd's are better

Date: January 3, 2009 11:50

These DVDs may be official but unauthorized. There's a real flood of these releases out meanwhile, they are so many that you lose track of them.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: January 3, 2009 13:47

You can find the Stones in the Park with bonus here
[www.amazon.co.uk]
Another one, but not available till September 09 is Gimme Shelter PAL version
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-03 13:49 by Stone601.

Date: January 4, 2009 16:44

hedegaard, I think you may really be onto something on the "Charlie Is My Darling"
A friend who frequents the record shows in LA (where alot of stuff goes cheap!) also mentioned something about this being transferred from a 16mm print with the original soundtrack and possibly longer?? under the name "Rolling with The Stones"
so I guess we can keep our fingers crossed!!

confused smileyRe: New dvd releases
Date: January 4, 2009 23:14

Yes scott, me to. B.t.w I got mail from Amazon yesterday - release is first to be somewhere in between feb-march! SHIT!

Chers Bo

Date: January 4, 2009 23:16

I forgot to mention that the name IS "rolling with the stones"

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: January 5, 2009 00:39

Posted by: Harry Hendriks ()
Date: January 5, 2009 22:48

riccardo99
[www.nzentgraf.de]

Hey Ricardo D'Ancona,

Is that you from Livorno ??

Best,

Harry Hendriks.
the Netherlands.

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: January 6, 2009 05:02

Hi Fans...Unless Charlie Is My Darling Has an ABKCO Label IT IS NOT AN OFFICIAL RELEASE. ABKCO OWNS THE MUSIC AND THE FILM. THE IDIOTS AT ABKCO ARE TOO STUPID TO RELEASE THE MOVIE. WHAT THEY SHOULD DO IS CONTACT PETER WHITEHEAD(THE PHOTOGRAPHER) AND INQAUIRE ABOUT RELEASING THE FILM WITH BONUS FOOTAGE. I'M SURE THAT MR. WHITEHEAD FILMED THE ENTIRE 25 MINUTE CONCERT AS WELL AS ADDITIONALK FOOTAGE ON THE TRAIN AND IN THE HOTEL..PRESS COFERENCES ETC... BUT ABKCO IS TOO @#$%& STUPID. ABKCO WILL CONTINUE TO SIT ON THEIR HANDS AND JUST LET THE TIME PASS AWAY WHILE STONES FANS GROW OLDER AND MORE FRUSTRATRED.. AND AS THAT HAPPENS PEOPLE WILL BE LESS AND LESS INTERESTED IN BUYING CDS AND DVDS.ESPECIALLY AT AN OLDER AGE..BUT ABKCO DONT UNDERSTAND THAT..

JUST IMAGINE STONES FANS..IMAGINE RHINO RECORDS OWNED THE CATALOGUE..JUST THINK OF THE GRATEFUL DEAD OR THE MONKEES FANS OF THE WORLD.....THEY HAVE AWSOME CD COLLECTIONS CONTAINING LIVE SHOWS AND OUTAKES..WE HAVE GARBAGE..COME TO THINK OF IT; IN FORTY YEARS ABKCO HAS MANAGED ONLY SIX TRUE STEREO TRACKS AND THE ROCK N ROLL CIRCUS MOVIE;AND TWO PROMO FILMS....HOW FREAKIN LAME IS THAT?.

I JUST PURCHASED A FEW DOORS CDS IN 1967 AT THE MATRIX CLUB; 1970 BOSTON GARDENS,1970 VANCOUVER ISSUED BY RHINO..BEAUTIFUL JOB.ARTWORK AND SOUND..AS LONG AS ABKCO OWNS THE CATALOGUE WE WILL NEVER HAVE ANYTHING THAT WASN'T RELEASED BEFORE...

HEY ABKCO..JUST STOP EMBARRASSING YOURSELVES AND SELL THE CATALOGUE.OR POSSIBLY HIRE SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLKY KNOWS THE HISTORY OF THE ROLLING STONES..

Charlie

A Te Song Says..WE AE WAITING

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 7, 2009 03:55

what ever happened to those deluxe universal releases??????

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: January 8, 2009 03:45

Soulsurvivor -
You're alsolutely right with what you mailed!

Time goes by and the Stonesfanbase is getting older and older and many loose their interest and "fire".

Who will be interested in early Stones stuff in 10-20 years apart from some collectors?
They (Abkco) already missed the right (and best) time to open their vaults. In the 90's everybody was buyin and collecting (Stones) CD's,DVD's, etc.
But with all that changing of media and now downloading many older fans tend to give up or/and are angry and loose interest more and more.

Don't know what they are waiting for . . !?!

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: January 9, 2009 04:36

soulsurvivor1
I'M SURE THAT MR. WHITEHEAD FILMED THE ENTIRE 25 MINUTE CONCERT

With what? A 25 min. reel of whatever MM film? And I am SURE he's the only cameraman.

J

Date: January 10, 2009 18:36

Does anyone know this DVD:

[www.soundcarrier.se]

Is it good? I only have another version titled "Happy In Boston".

Date: January 10, 2009 18:57

Jointrips "Live In Boston 93" is the best quality picture and sound that you can get of this show IMHO.

Date: January 10, 2009 19:57

I don't want to get any (because I already have a few, incl. the Jointrip I think), I just want to know how this one is.

Date: January 10, 2009 21:54

Have a copy of the "Rolling With The Stones" (charlie Is My Darling) today. Its basically the same film BUT is a big upgrade in picture quality. The difference on the "live" segments the Stones audio that is common to "Charlie" is replaced by generic instrumental music. Maybe to avoid copyright infringement??

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: January 10, 2009 22:23

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-10 20:09 by UrbanSteel.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1571
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home