Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Brian Jones' death: nurse who found him breaks 40 year silence
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 1, 2008 16:14

The girlfriend of Stones minder Tom Keylock, nurse Janet Lawson who found Brian Jones dead at his Cotchford Farm home broke her 40 year silence shortly before she died this year.

The story was reported in yesterday's Mail On Sunday paper in the UK. It points the finger of suspicion, again, to builder Frank Thorogood.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Re: Brian Jones' death: nurse who found him breaks 40 year silence
Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: December 1, 2008 17:35

Jones is dead??

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 1, 2008 18:26

[www.iorr.org]

Note that she says her original statement was a ''pack of lies'', but what she's quoted as saying in the article isn't all that different from the original statement... confusing part 1!

Also, a guy called Paul Spendel who's been investigating this case and even interviewed Janet before her death says that Janet was asleep when Brian etc were in the pool... confusing part 2!

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: December 1, 2008 18:32

Read below, Bimmelzerbott, everything's OK.

Rumors of Brian's death are 'a pack of lies' - the nurse says so herself ... and she's a trained medical professional!

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: December 1, 2008 19:20

Still a very interesting story. Personally I am sure that Thorogood put Brians head under wather and ended his life in that way. Sad but that's it.
Brian was pretty messed up at the time, but signes on him trying to clean up was there. One can only imagine what would have been coming out of him, would he have survived into our days.

DECCA
[www.stonesvikings.com]

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-01 19:22 by Jan Richards.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 2, 2008 00:15

You mean Mick and Keith didnt hold him down while Anita kept a look-out?

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: December 2, 2008 00:33

Strange how people can wait around for 39 years before deciding to cash in on the Stones.

...I've even known people to do this with books.

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: December 2, 2008 00:33

where is Mizz U when we need her!

or that psycho trevor!

OLDKR

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 2, 2008 00:39

Barn Owl
Strange how people can wait around for 39 years before deciding to cash in on the Stones.

How did she cash in? She's dead now and can't use the money.

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: December 2, 2008 01:37

CindyC
Barn Owl

How did she cash in? She's dead now and can't use the money.

It's the author of the article itself who I am very suspicious of, especially when it goes along the lines of, "someone (who happens to be dead) told me this big secret".

So why wait until they died?

I'll tell you why. Because dead people can't answer back....that's why autobiographies are stuffed full of quotes and anecdotes from them...Ronnie Wood's especially!

Still, if you want to know what REALLY did happen to Brian Jones in that swimming pool, then my late father, just happened to be passing by and he saw EVERYTHING!

It goes like this.....

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: December 2, 2008 01:50

Barn Owl
It's the author of the article itself who I am very suspicious of, especially when it goes along the lines of, "someone (who happens to be dead) told me this big secret".

So why wait until they died?

I'll tell you why. Because dead people can't answer back....that's why autobiographies are stuffed full of quotes and anecdotes from them...Ronnie Wood's especially!

I see what you mean about the author - I thought you were speaking of Janet Lawson.
Hopefully the author was wise enough to videotape his interviews as proof of what he writes.

The article overall doesn't shed much light on things. Brian is still dead, the person that may have done it is dead - no punishment can be paid (on Earth anyway). If I was a taxpayer in that area, I wouldn't want my tax dollars being used for that purpose - as much as I really WOULD like to know what happened.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 2, 2008 02:00

yeah but didnt frank thorogood make his so called death bed confession about murdering brian, and then we found out someone made that up just to sell a book

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 2, 2008 03:00

I thought that I read of a death bed confession by Frank?? There has been volumes written on this topic, a lot of it here,but I'm quite sure I read about such a confession in 1993. It all makes sense; all of those at the house that night knew that Brian had fired Frank that day and felt bad so he invited him to stay for dinner that night. Frank was obviously still pissed and perhaps after much drinking and many drug combinations, he did hold Brians' head under the water....just what I believe.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 2, 2008 10:43

"It points the finger of suspicion, again, to builder Frank Thorogood."

pleased thats cleared up, then.
Maybe he also topped JFK and Princess Di ?

Posted by: turd ()
Date: December 2, 2008 11:41

Seems bizarre to me that, BJ had this strange 'pally' relationship with his builder, lets him stay round etc. Then decides he's doing a crap job and gives him the sack, (clearly he couldn't have been too drugged up at the point when he realised the brickwork was bollox and that was plaster falling on his head from the ceiling, not snow).
Thoroghgood annoyed that;
a) He's lost a good job
b) Brian owes him money
c) No more partying,
then goes back round to Cotchford Farm for his dough and to have words. Brian opens the front door and instead of slamming it in Thoroughgoods face, he welcomes him in and the party is back on again - they are cavorting around the swimming pool alegedly 'playing'. That is weird, very weird.

I don't know about anyone else - but I wouldn't let some arrogant builder who I was in dispute with 'play' with me by my back swimming pool, (if I had one).

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 2, 2008 11:47

turd
I don't know about anyone else - but I wouldn't let some arrogant builder who I was in dispute with 'play' with me by my back swimming pool, (if I had one).

only if your name's Michael Barrymore.

Posted by: turd ()
Date: December 2, 2008 12:07

Oh yeah - forgot about him - LOL.......

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: December 2, 2008 12:46

So, according to the article, Brian's girlfriend is using the phone but refuses to interrupt the telephone conversation even though Brian Jones is face down in the bottom of the pool.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: December 2, 2008 12:50

The guy was jealous - a builder hanging with one of the world's biggest rock stars, come on, simple solution. The world's full of jealous people just like that fan club woman who killed Tejano singer Selena.... I mean, Selena had everything this fan club woman didn't have.... There's a film about it with Jennifer Lopez playing Selena but I only saw it to see Lopez's big caboose shake/wiggle so it's a good film if you're into that kinda visual stuff (and who isn't? smiling smiley ) So, back to topic, Jealousy/Envy all the way on the Brian thing - end of story, case closed......

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 8, 2008 15:25

Unbelievable!
People always ready to TELL ALL just as they are about to peg out.
Are these "interviews" ever recorded for proof of authenticity??
This will run for ever... just like the Who killed JFK debate
And Marylyn Monroe
And not forgetting rumours about Jim Morrison's demise.
Poor Brian, causing trouble when alive... and even after death.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1125
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home