Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith days in Switzerland
Posted by: JoT839 ()
Date: December 1, 2008 10:55

Hello,

I'm a newbie here, so let me first express my gratitude towards all IORR members posting all the amazing raritities, outtakes and legendary concerts here.... Awesome, THANKS!

Anyways, I wonder if someone can enlighten me on Keith days in Switzerland 1972-1973? I beleive he was staying for a while in a Alp chalet called Le Pec Varp in Villars-Sur-Ollon (near Montruex). Since I'm living in a village nearby, it's a bit annoying not knowing exactly which villa it is....

Does anyone have any photos from this period and place? Any photos of Keith skiing would be fantastic!

Re: Keith days in Switzerland
Posted by: Elliott ()
Date: December 1, 2008 11:39

Hi,

Welcome by us !

(please contact me)

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: December 1, 2008 11:54

Welcome!
I remember I was confused when I was reading (the excellent) Victor Bockris biography about Keith.
I couldn't sort things up about the description of the location of the named village contra the map.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: December 1, 2008 12:56

The small village is known as Villars, and it's located northeast of Montreux, 15 to 20 minutes drive. Beautiful view of the Lac Leman!
In Montreux you'll also find the Montreux Palace hotel, where Keith and Anita accidentally set fire to their bed after falling asleep smoking a cigarette. And in walking distance from the hotel is the Clinique La Prairie, where his dialysis treatment is said to have taken place. ("Blood rinse".)
And less than a mile away from the hotel, Claude Nobb's villa. The founder of the Montreux Jazz Festival, "Funky Claude", was an good terms with all Stones.

Posted by: twanghound ()
Date: December 1, 2008 13:57

A photo of Keith skiing?
I think his main contacts with snow were with that snow from columbia...

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 1, 2008 17:03

twanghound
A photo of Keith skiing?
I think his main contacts with snow were with that snow from columbia...

They got some hills down there...grinning smiley,

welcome to the board JoT839

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-01 17:10 by shortfatfanny.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: December 1, 2008 17:47

Actually Keith learned to ski well while he lived there! "When I was on herion, I learned to ski, and I made "Exile On Mail Street".
Famous quote, remember!

Posted by: keefan4ever ()
Date: December 4, 2008 22:49

Addicted
Actually Keith learned to ski well while he lived there! "When I was on herion, I learned to ski, and I made "Exile On Mail Street".
Famous quote, remember!

i learned to ski while i was heroin also

didnt hurt when i fell down

lol

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 8, 2008 15:16

Did Keith ACTUALLY learn to ski..whilst on heroin...or was it just one of his jokes that people have taken too seriously?
I don't recall him persuing this activity at any rate after his short Swiss stay.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1652
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home