Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Tim Ries and Darryl Jones: Upcoming Gigs in Ann Arbor and Chicago
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 27, 2008 11:19

That's too bad for those of you who planned to go.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: gengiant90 ()
Date: December 29, 2008 06:13

Great show in Ann Arbor on Saturday. I asked Tim why he cancelled the Chicago show and he said because of the weather. He also said he will be rescheduling the gig in the Spring. The band was not his usual members he had two students from University of Michigan fill in. Tim said he just met them that day but you would of thought they played together for a while. My wife and myself look forward to seeing him perform again. If you like the Stones and Jazz do not miss his show.

Date: December 29, 2008 11:31

Thanks for the update gengiant90. Glad you had a good time.

-------------------

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 29, 2008 11:50

gengiant90
Great show in Ann Arbor on Saturday. I asked Tim why he cancelled the Chicago show and he said because of the weather. He also said he will be rescheduling the gig in the Spring. The band was not his usual members he had two students from University of Michigan fill in. Tim said he just met them that day but you would of thought they played together for a while. My wife and myself look forward to seeing him perform again. If you like the Stones and Jazz do not miss his show.

The RS Project often had people who Tim just met and started playing with that day. I wonder how this show, billed under his name, differs? The weather here in Chicago was balmy - all the f'ing snow melted!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 30, 2008 19:17

More gigs lined up for the coming months:

January 9th, 2009
The Jazz Standard, NYC

January 12th , 2009
Smalls Jazz Club - NYC
Migration Trio - Kevin Hays - Piano, Sato Takeishi on percussion, special guest Katayoun Goudarzi -melodic recitation.

January 17th, 200
The NAMM Show
5pm concert, Hillton Hotel Lobby

January 27th & 28th , 200
Tulsa, OK
TBA

January 31st, 2009
Chris's Jazz Club
Philadelphia, PA

March 4th & 5th , 2009
Fort Lewis Jazz Festival
Durango, CO

March 6th, 2009
Kansas University
Lawrence, KS

March 20th, 2009
Philadelphia Museum of Art

March 21st, 2009
Avalon Theater
Easton, MD

March 24th & 25th, 2009
Edmonton Alberta - TBA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-12 23:31 by erikjjf.

Date: December 30, 2008 19:52

Wishing lots of fun to everyone who is going to any of those gigs. Wish I could join you.

-------------------

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 30, 2008 20:18

gengiant90

<<< If you like the Stones and Jazz do not miss his show >>>

Well, I've seen the Tim Ries Rolling Stones Project now several times ... Barcelona, Lisbon, London on the ABB tour, and more recently NYC ... although the purpose of my trip to NYC was actually to see the Who in Atlantic City; it's just that he was playing a couple of days earlier in Manhatan. And what I've concluded from all this is that I really don't think I ever need to see him again. I LOVE Rolling Stones music, but I just most definitely do NOT remotely like jazz. I have actually TRIED to like it, I've definitely put in the time and effort, but it just ain't for me ... !! So at this point in time I'm officially giving up. Don't like jazz, can't get into it ... so there !!

Anyone else kinda feel vaguely the same, or ......... ???

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: December 31, 2008 00:28

no sorry, I don't feel the same, but I respect your effort, Paulywaul.
I just like jazz too much.

[www.paulinestroosnijder.com]

Date: December 31, 2008 00:29

paulywaul
gengiant90

<<< If you like the Stones and Jazz do not miss his show >>>

Well, I've seen the Tim Ries Rolling Stones Project now several times ... Barcelona, Lisbon, London on the ABB tour, and more recently NYC ... although the purpose of my trip to NYC was actually to see the Who in Atlantic City; it's just that he was playing a couple of days earlier in Manhatan. And what I've concluded from all this is that I really don't think I ever need to see him again. I LOVE Rolling Stones music, but I just most definitely do NOT remotely like jazz. I have actually TRIED to like it, I've definitely put in the time and effort, but it just ain't for me ... !! So at this point in time I'm officially giving up. Don't like jazz, can't get into it ... so there !!

Anyone else kinda feel vaguely the same, or ......... ???

you faked it well at the vortex! it must've been the good company - the room filled with friends.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: December 31, 2008 03:13

Hello guys.

Please, where was this concert?

All the best!

Date: December 31, 2008 03:35

carlostones10
Hello guys.

Please, where was this concert?

All the best!

looks like somewhere in germany - not stuttgart though.

have you all seen this:

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: December 31, 2008 04:46

Thanks, the concert was in Burhausen at BJazz Burhausen Internacional Jazz Woche 2007.

Posted by: Elastic ()
Date: December 31, 2008 06:18

I do like jazz, but I don't like this. It's silly. I don't think there is an honest bone in the body of this effort. Sorry, my opinion, I'm allowed to have it.....

E

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 31, 2008 08:44

little queenie
have you all seen this:

Included on The Biggest Bang, isn't it?

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: December 31, 2008 10:48

Yes Erik,you're right.
That was recorded late July 2006 in Paris. Tim told me he, Charlie, Michael and Bernard had spent some nine hours in the studio without airconditioning, with a temperature rising to 35 degrees C. Nobody complained.
Other people on this video are Thomas Bramerie on bass, Franck Amsallam on piano.
Two days later Tim, Bernard, Michael, Thomas and Franck played the Bimhuis in Amsterdam. Charlie had tried to attend the gig, but since the Stones arrived late at the hotel, Charlie must have decided not to come to the Bimhuis after all. I guess he fancied an early night instead.
This Miss You track was performed at the Bimhuis for an audience for the first time and can also be found on Tim's new Stonesworld album.
I love this clip!smiling bouncing smiley

[www.paulinestroosnijder.com]

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1803
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home