Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT- Redundancies
Posted by: Ket ()
Date: December 30, 2008 23:43

They have already started at the place I work, so far I have been spared but christ this is getting scary. Anybody else getting worried holding on to your job?

Re: OT- Redundancies
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 30, 2008 23:45

Lost mine seven years ago, so there is really nuthin' to fear here.
Actually I have more work now than in many years.
I'd be scared sh*tless, thou, if I had been safely employed till now.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: December 31, 2008 00:45

I know how you feel and it's hard not be worried what with everything that is going on. The best thing to do, at least in my view, is to say focused on what's now and be grateful for all that you have. Good luck Ket and to anyone else who has similar fears.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: December 31, 2008 11:48

Been in a temporary job since Feb 07. In August they said it would become permanent. Then the beginning of November I get called in and fired on the spot for being so poor at my job. Then they advertise my job, reinstate me and fire me again in December. Got another temp job which pays 50% less, national mininmum.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: December 31, 2008 12:38

There are very few people who are not worried about their jobs at the moment..............it's going to be a tough new year.

sc uk

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: December 31, 2008 12:42

Wow, the depression is really kickin' in. First the euro GBP discussion and now this. Yes, it's going to be pretty bad next year. And even into 2010.
However, be sure to have a good party tonight! And there's lots of perfect ways to start the new year. For instance you could play 'Sittin on a fence'.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 31, 2008 13:00

"If you work hard and do your best -
You'll get the sack like all the rest."

I think the worst part of this is feeling out of control of your own destiny. I got made redundant in September - found another job in October which is fewer hours and therefore less money, but since I only have self and cat to support and no mortgage, I will survive very well - quite enjoying the extra time off at the moment.

But these are worrying times and not everyone is so lucky - all good wishes for 2009 to everyone anxious about their jobs...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2276
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home