Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Brian Jones Band
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 30, 2008 03:47

Is there any information about the band that Brian want to form?

Just found this on the InterNet

BRIAN JONES projected band
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Brian Jones left The Rolling Stones, he made plans to form his own band, and called Micky to be the drummer in it. Micky went down to visit him in Sussex two days before he had his sad accident in 1969.

Here is the link.............

And you can find some "funny" pics of Ron Wood and Rod Stewart too

[images.google.com]

Re: Brian Jones Band
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 30, 2008 04:01

There's been so many far out stories relating to who visited Cotchford that it's hard to tell which are true and which are nonsense.

Date: November 30, 2008 04:08

"There's been so many far out stories"

Then I must missed something His Majesty

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 30, 2008 04:12

This has something I have not heard before:

Alexis Korner
Frequently Asked Questions

Note: Questions submitted will be answered as soon as possible. New queries are placed at the top of the page, and older ones are alphabetically sorted according to content.

New Q&A The Latest Additions to the FAQ Sheet
Other Musicians/Groups Brian Jones
Free At Last
Rolling Stones
Personal Facts Books/References, etc
Go to: Backstage Biography Discography

The Latest Additions to the FAQ Sheet

Can you give me any information about a recording Alexis Korner may have made with Bob Hall of Brunning/Hall and Savoy Brown?
Take a look here...

...and see the Discography

Free At Last

Was Alexis in an early incarnation of Free called Free At Last?
Free At Last was formed by Alexis in 1967. Its members included: Victor Brox, Marsha Hunt, Cliff Barton, Gerry Conway, Binkly McKenzie, and Hughie Flint. The band had a short life and was not related to Free.

Brian Jones

Did Alexis record with Brian Jones after the latter left the Rolling Stones?
According to Golden Stone by Laura Jackson, Brian did contact Alexis about musical endeavors, and Alexis was acting as his reheasal manager for Jones' new band at the time of the blonde stone's premature demise.

Rolling Stones

It is said that Alexis Korner founded the Rolling Stones. How true is this?
In an interview that he gave in 1976, Alexis mentioned, Blues Incorporated's second concert, supporting Acker Bilk at the Civic Centre in Croydon caused somewhat of a riot when Acker Bilk's fans protested the volume of Incorporated's electric instruments. As part of the result of the attention the concert received in the press, Mick Jagger and Keith Richard rang up and sent tapes. Then they came over to the house and met Charlie and Brian. [The four hung] around a lot together, shared a common musical interest, and liked each other. In mid-1962, Blues Incorporated was Cyril Davies, Dick Heckstall-Smith, Jack Bruce, Ginger Baker, Johnny Parker, Mick Jagger [and Alexis. Others, including Paul Jones, Eric Burdon and John Baldry also joined the band on stage, even though they weren't "official" band singers]. In July of 1962, we were offered a Jazz Club Broadcast. The Beeb said "We can't afford to pay an extra singer. Cyril Davies sings and you [Alexis] can sing if you have to, so as you're only doing three or four numbers, you don't need an extra singer." So we had a band meeting and decided that we had better do the broadcast but Mick would keep the Marquee open for us 'cause if we misssed a night and someone else came in, we couldn't be guaranteed our residency. John Baldry got a band together for that night, and Mick got the Stones together for the first London gig they ever played. Matter of fact, I think it was the first gig they ever played as the Rolling Stones, and that's how they came into existence. Dick Taylor was drumming with them because Charlie Watts was drumming with us [prior to Ginger Baker]. Charlie didn't join them until 1963.

Was Alexis supposed to replace Brian Jones when Brian was dismissed by the Stones in 1969?
It was rumoured that Alexis might have become the second guitarist with the Stones after Brian Jones officially parted company with the band on 8 June, 1969.

Personal Facts

What other references to Alexis Korner are available?
Alexis Korner's name is mentioned in countless number of articles and books about the British Invasion of th 1960's. A biography, Alexis Korner by Harvey Shapiro was published in 1996 in the U.K. A paperback edition was scheduled for release on 7 August, 1997, again in the U.K.

This may sound silly, but what kind of cigarettes did Alexis smoke?
Alexis rolled Gauloises shag tobacco.

Go to: Top of Page Backstage Biography Discography Reviews and Comments

from [www.geocities.com]

Date: November 30, 2008 04:25

Thanks Edith Grove....nice reading.........but it got nothing to do about Brians Band

Date: November 30, 2008 04:39

NICOS there's been tales of people like John Lennon, Hendrix and all sorts of people visitng Cotchford, but seems a lot of them are false claims.

There must have been some musicians who visited and played or whatever, but who and when seems impossible to pin down.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: November 30, 2008 04:52

Alexis Korner:

He really was happy at the time he died because he was getting this new band together. We were going to rehearse it. I wasn't going to play with him but I was going to act as his rehearsal director. He was talking very excitedly and we'd laid some tracks down of things we wanted to do.

Posted by: stonesmusicfan ()
Date: November 30, 2008 22:20

How's this, courtesy of Andrew Loog Oldham, in his book 2STONED, page 372, 373.

"Brian had seemed to handle his break from the Stones in a remarkably sober and practical manner, at least on the surface, and I had admired this newfound aplomb from my distance. I hoped that the surface had some substance and that Brian intended to use the split for positive change and not abuse himself, or others, any further. Certainly, he did choose wise counsel with whom to discuss his future, the caring blues guitarist Alexis Korner. He was supposed to have been positively feeling out forming a new band, fascinated with and using as his example and role-model the American-based pop n blues band Creedence Clearwater Revival, John Fogerty's West Coast combo who'd hit big that summer of 69 with 'Proud Mary' and 'Bad Mood Rising' and who seemed to have struck the right balance between their musical integrity and the selling of it. it was quite easy to understand Brian's finding inspiration in CCR, for there were parallels between him and John Fogerty that he could openly connect with and formulate a solid game plan around.

For Brian Jones, there was not going back to the past of clubs, pubs, and the blues circuits of the world; in that year of 1969 a return to your roots would be synonomous with failure. Creedence Clearwater Revival were a good model, both in the reality of Brian's fame and his situation (i.e. his standard of living and breathing needs). Whether Brian realised it fully, or subliminally, he and Fogerty shared not only musical but physical simularities in what they did and how they portrayed themselves. Brian could adopt the front man persona, without competition from a lead singer's dapper diva danceability, to get back to where he'd felt best and wanted to feel again and do it for the growing festivalistic audience who thought of him as a hero and icon. Brian could have also have felt he was entitled to find his voice, the one I'd buried in 63 on 'Walkin' the Dog', and, further, was entitled to write his own music and dismiss my opinion that you can't write down to the public-well not knowingly anyway."

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-30 22:27 by stonesmusicfan.

Date: December 1, 2008 01:09

Thanks for posting this stonesmf get a better picture of his musical taste

Date: December 1, 2008 02:22

NICOS
Thanks for posting this stonesmf get a better picture of his musical taste

You're welcome.

I'm wondering if, ANYWHERE, ANYONE has any fragments of what Brian Jones wanted to do, on recording tape or written music.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 1, 2008 03:32

Wasn't it less than a month between Mick & Keith's meeting with Brian at Crotchford, and Brian's death?

Seems like not much time to actually get a band together and start creating.
Was Brian thinking about a side project before his firing?

Date: December 1, 2008 08:02

Edith Grove
Wasn't it less than a month between Mick & Keith's meeting with Brian at Crotchford, and Brian's death?

Perhaps...

Bill Wyman, Stone Alone, p. 621 (paperback edition):
"Towards the end of May [1969], during a recording session, Brian intimated that he was thinking of leaving to pursue his own career."

I think the whole 'Brian was fired' isn't really a good way of describing their parting, especially when you take in to consideration comments like the one above.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-01 08:17 by His Majesty.

Date: December 1, 2008 10:17

His Majesty
Edith Grove

Perhaps...

Bill Wyman, Stone Alone, p. 621 (paperback edition):
"Towards the end of May [1969], during a recording session, Brian intimated that he was thinking of leaving to pursue his own career."

I think the whole 'Brian was fired' isn't really a good way of describing their parting, especially when you take in to consideration comments like the one above.

It was a slow "bleed", if you will, starting from "when" and "how", they started writing their own, original music, and created their special, unique, group Sound, apart from being, basically a "Cover" Blues Band.

Probably, when Oldham, mixed out Brian on "Walkin' The Dog".

Date: December 1, 2008 22:16

Thanks all for the input but I'm a bit disappointed a bout the fact that it looks like he didn't do anything except in his bria(i)ns

Date: December 2, 2008 07:41

Gee, he's almost like...normal.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 8, 2008 15:31

Lets not forger Brian was also involved in what has now become known as "World Music" long before it became somewhat trendy.
It has been suggested he could have gone down the Mike Oldfield route but any speculation has to take account of his general health. That would have needed dealing with for him to create anything.
I've read about the Creedence thing before...a bit strange when Brian was to all in tense and puposes wanting to move away from the mainstream.
I always thought that Creedence were very MOR.
Perhaps thats in hindsight.

Date: December 8, 2008 16:28

jlowe
Lets not forger Brian was also involved in what has now become known as "World Music" long before it became somewhat trendy.
It has been suggested he could have gone down the Mike Oldfield route but any speculation has to take account of his general health. That would have needed dealing with for him to create anything.
I've read about the Creedence thing before...a bit strange when Brian was to all in tense and puposes wanting to move away from the mainstream.
I always thought that Creedence were very MOR.
Perhaps thats in hindsight.

He was ahead of the Music Trend of the day...it would have been an interesting career.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1649
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home