Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: In Memory of INXS Singer MICHAEL HUTCHENCE 1960 - 1997
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: November 23, 2008 18:46

(Sorry, a day late on this one) Michael Hutchence died on 11/22/1997 (11 years ago) at the Ritz Hotel just outside of Sydney, Australia. IMHO the man was one of Rock and Roll's great front men. A great singer, a great stage performer, a great song writer, by all accounts, a very nice guy. Here's just a few clips to remind those of us who loved this band how great they really were....R.I.P. Hutch, gone too soon.....

BITTER TEARS Live 1991 - Saturday Night Live (Great Version)

NEED YOU TONIGHT/MEDIATE - "So slide over here/and give me a moment"

BABY LET'S PLAY HOUSE - Solo Hutchence singing at ELVIS PRESLEY Tribute

ELEGANTLY WASTED/DEVIL INSIDE Live in Aspen, Colorado-1997

News coverage of MICHAEL'S FUNERAL in Sydney, Australia - 11/1997

Re: OT: In Memory of INXS Singer MICHAEL HUTCHENCE 1960 - 1997
Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: November 23, 2008 19:59

"remind those of us who loved this band how great they really were....R.I.P. Hutch, gone too soon....."

sad smiley

Posted by: JMoisica ()
Date: November 24, 2008 01:45

An awesome, impromptu semi-tribute to Hutchence from U2 (you'll see...the guy is wearing an INXS shirt):

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: November 24, 2008 01:51

MICHAEL HUTCHENCE was truly one of the greatest front men in a rock band. I remember, I've seen INXS in 1986 on a festival and was totally impressed by the stage personality of their leadsinger. I was sure, they become very big. As I heard about his death in 1997, I was totally shocked and couldn't believe, what I've seen in the news.

R.I.P. Michael Hutchence

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: November 24, 2008 02:21

I saw their very last show in 1997 in Burgettstown,PA and I'm glad it was one of the shows I brought my DAT Recorder into. One of those show where he's saying "Tonight is our last show", etc. They always were one of the better live bands.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 24, 2008 02:29

Yeah but what a freaky way to go thougheye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: November 24, 2008 22:34

.... Yeah SCL, that was a bit disturbing (but I did read a very detailed account of that night and the man was extremely upset about a personal matter with Paula Yates. He was having one drink after another as well as popping a mountain of pills - basically blasted out of his head. Then he got stuck in a moment he couldn't get out of....

THANKS for the video JM, that's a fantastic clip, never saw it before !!! Helter

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 24, 2008 22:47

This guy was one of only a few true Rock Stars. Damn, he was special.
I miss him.
Thanks for the post.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 24, 2008 23:01

much missed.

The 2nd best frontman, i've ever seen.

RIP Michael.... gone but never forgotten.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: November 26, 2008 01:31

A huge lose for rock! He was a cross between Mick and Jim Morrison. I recall reading a lot about this " strange death", the ending of his erotic experience was quite unexpected, I'm certain. I also remember that Bob Geldorf was a huge problem for Yates and himself, causing many problems related to Tiger Lily's custody. He was also depressed about touring and the latest record. Other said that was not true and he was in a good place at the time of his death... I think that his band mates know the truth about his state of mind and the concensus was that he was very unhappy about many things. Too bad, really. He may be in limbo, a ghost. I hope not!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1274
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home