Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith To Release Easy-Listening Album!
Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: November 23, 2008 03:16

Well according to the UK's Daily Mail, that is!

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Re: Keith To Release Easy-Listening Album!
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 23, 2008 03:27

Absolute rubbish.

Theres so many inaccuracies, exaggerations and downright fabrications in that article, its easy to lose count.

When did Keith do an online chat? 1998? The notion that he'd release something like the Honeymoon Tapes is absolutely laughable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-23 03:30 by Gazza.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: November 23, 2008 03:34

Get Out !!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 23, 2008 03:42

Listen to Honeymoon Tapes Part One

Doesn't sound "releasable" as it is

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-23 05:00 by schillid.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 23, 2008 04:18

Honeymoon Tapes Part Two:

[www.captainsdead.com]

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: November 23, 2008 04:26

Odd story to see reported, especially the part where Keith chats online. Now having said that, it wouldn't surprise me to see him release something like this.

I doubt it would be the Honeymoon Tapes. But seriously, how long would it take him to record new versions of Nearness of You or Apartment #9? He's been doing them for decades.

Hell, I wish he would do it. Even if it yielded nothing more than an EP on iTunes.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 23, 2008 05:16

If he compiled all the songs he's put on Stones albums in the last 20 years---he's already got an easy listening album!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 23, 2008 05:56

Justin
If he compiled all the songs he's put on Stones albums in the last 20 years---he's already got an easy listening album!

LOLsmiling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 23, 2008 11:17

Keith singing so-called "easy listening" songs does NOT equal Easy Listening!

But I'm glad more people are getting to hear this stuff, and some kind of official release would be wonderful - I think we can trust Keith not to turn any remakes into bland lift-music.

Re: Keith
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 23, 2008 12:09

the various (homemade) compilations of Keith LV tunes i've got are very compelling listening indeed.

Date: November 23, 2008 12:22

schillid
Listen to Honeymoon Tapes Part One

Doesn't sound "releasable" as it is

It isnt.

The Toronto '77 stuff is another animal, entirely. Recorded with professional equipment in a studio and he even went to the trouble of adding overdubs.

The Honeymoon Tapes consists of nothing more than someone hitting the 'record' button on a very basic, home tape recorder and dicking about for 80 minutes.

Whilst it has a certain charm, anyone who listens to it and thinks it's releasable is either desperate or totally insane. Maybe both.

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: November 23, 2008 14:03

i dont know if is true, but a keith solo album of covers like somewhere over the rainbow or apartment n9, similar to the toronto and honeymoon tapes is something i've beeen waiting for YEARS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-23 14:06 by farawayeyes2.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 23, 2008 14:42

did the online chat come with subtitles or was it presented in mumbles

Date: November 23, 2008 14:48

as far as i'm aware, there wasnt one. I think some of us may have heard about it in advance had there been one. Absolute garbage.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 23, 2008 14:52

i did hear about Keith doing an online chat, but it was over 10 years ago

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-23 15:04 by with sssoul.

Date: November 23, 2008 15:08

February 1998. All four band members did AOL chats around that period.

He actually answered a question of mine that (as I didnt have AOL) I'd asked someone to submit for me.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: November 23, 2008 15:11

Too bad that this isn't real new release information, just a faux news report.
Keith sure enough got another album in him, be it Stones or solo or whatever moniker he likes to present it under.

Date: November 23, 2008 16:41

Of course at one p[oint in time keith probably mumbled something like "maybe I should think about oputting them out"; while conversing to some press-person maybe. It's called converstaion. I hate it when they put thse kind of words into different "official" surroundings. I especially hate it when they come up with imagined drama like "his voice was cracking while singing these songs, on this here eve of the trial".

Posted by: stonesmusicfan ()
Date: November 23, 2008 16:56

I think he is flash-backing to his and Andrew Oldham's visit to a Frank Sinatra recording session, courtesy of Warners Prez Joe Smith, back in the 60's, during one of their Hollywood recording sessions.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 23, 2008 17:52

billwebster
Too bad that this isn't real new release information, just a faux news report.

I think it's even worse.
those so called journalists get paid for that kind of crapola^^ sheesh eye rolling smiley
Dire Straights Money for Nothing comes to mind.

>>More than 20 never-released covers by the Rolling Stones guitarist have been leaked on the internet and are proving a huge hit with the few fans in the know.<<

how long have these recordings been around? who on iorr doesn't have it?

>>The songs have come to light on www.captainsdead.com, a website run by Stones fan Greg Van Dyke in New Orleans.<<

that's brand spankin' news, eh? omg!
I wouldn't blame the blog guy being clueless - but as a Stones fan, man you can do better!

meeeehh, what a load o'rubbish.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 23, 2008 18:05

whats the difference anyway, wouldnt you rather have a stones album as opposed to a keith easy listening album, i know i would

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 23, 2008 19:55

I'm with Green lady on this one. Keith can imbue what many folks would deem to be soft "uncool" songs with an earthy integrity that gives them a whole new character.

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: November 23, 2008 22:39

this would be fantastic... keith could release the toronto tapes, round up some up solo things from over the years, and even re-record some of the rougher sounding stuff acoustically or with some overdubs... it's already dribbling out with the george jones sesssions, the new release of sing me back home with marianne and various others... why not put it all together? people would love it!! sort of like the dylan bootleg series...

Date: November 24, 2008 00:22

Spud
I'm with Green lady on this one. Keith can imbue what many folks would deem to be soft "uncool" songs with an earthy integrity that gives them a whole new character.

Absolutely. Still doesnt alter the fact that the 'story' is absolute bullshit.

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: November 24, 2008 00:27

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: November 24, 2008 00:33

It's all over the net... Wating on a friend is easy listening... so is Sliping away and How can i stop... I would love to hear this music... why not... better than the stones doing a record like A Bigger Bang where they sadly ripped themselves with their own material... this could be great and the fact that keith can't play anymore makes a lot of sense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-24 00:35 by Loudei.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: November 26, 2008 22:32

More info on the Honeymoon tapes here:

[www.independent.co.uk]

Thanks to Scott Miller & JRussel from "ExpectingRain"

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: November 26, 2008 22:55

I thought GHS was the Stones' easy listening album? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: November 26, 2008 22:58

Why are you absolutely sure that is actually faux news?

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: November 26, 2008 23:42

Well I've been waiting for a Keith album since the Wingless Angels release... That was 10 years ago. There have been snippets here and there, various duets and guest spots, the Marsha Hansen CD, the Hank Williams tribute, etc.

From various sources, there seems to be a lot going on in Studio L, many guests, hours of tape recorded. I'd love to listen to it but maybe due to the poor sales of the Wingless Angels, Keith can't be bothered to release any more stuff?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1903
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home