Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick Jagger in Gothenburg, Sweden right now!
Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: November 21, 2008 20:54

... for the wedding between American Microsoft Word creator Charles Simonyi, 60, och Swedish "investment manager" Lisa Persdotter, 28.
Among other celebrities for instance Bill Gates.

[www.aftonbladet.se]

Re: Mick Jagger in Gothenburg, Sweden right now!
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: November 21, 2008 21:07

Yep, as a citizen of Göteborg, I´m following this minute by minute.
However, no confirmation from my sources that Mick has arrived yet. But Elton is´nt coming, he declined.
Bill Gates already arrived, and has been seen walking the streets of Göteborg.
I´m off in to town tomorrow, to try to get some pics.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-21 22:11 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: November 21, 2008 22:05

crazy news!!! ;-)

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: November 21, 2008 22:07

We're living in a crazy world, bastarwinking smileyd.

Date: November 21, 2008 22:10

Thommie
We're living in a crazy world, bastarwinking smileyd.

Yeah, and I´m in the midst of it, it seems smiling smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: November 21, 2008 22:15

Other than the use of "Start Me Up" for the Windows commercials eons ago I wonder what Mick's connection to this Charles Simonyi is? Maybe he's shopping for a sponsor for the next tour!

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 21, 2008 22:17

Thru and Thru
Other than the use of "Start Me Up" for the Windows commercials eons ago I wonder what Mick's connection to this Charles Simonyi is?

Maybe he knows Lisa Persdotter? smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: November 21, 2008 22:40

Move to LA and then Mick will be coming to your town every few months or something - hanging around LAX is horrible BUT not the worst thing in the world, might even spot MADONNA or JOHNNY DEPP - yeah, I know...WOW ..... yawn, yawn, and YAWN .........

Date: November 21, 2008 22:45

HelterSkelter
Move to LA and then Mick will be coming to your town every few months or something - hanging around LAX is horrible BUT not the worst thing in the world, might even spot MADONNA or JOHNNY DEPP - yeah, I know...WOW ..... yawn, yawn, and YAWN .........

Well, he don´t come to Göteborg unless the Stones are playing here, so for us Stonesfans in Göteborg it´s a pretty exciting thing...

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: November 21, 2008 22:53

I understand... the thing is he's probably just flying in and out like he did in the DVD "BEING MICK" when he went to meet Bono in Germany to record the vocals in that Hotel room. In and out, that's how these guys are with the private jets.... Me? I 'd personally spend a few days there smiling smiley (but I wouldn't go anywhere Bill Gates is at either, I find him very freaky)

Date: November 21, 2008 22:54

Well, whatever the the scene will be, I´m going in to the city centre tomorrow to try and get some pics.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: November 21, 2008 23:06

Well, GOOD LUCK, you never know, might get something good. Don't mind me jaggeroo, In LA it's celebrities 24/7 and it just gets old and annoying here. I must say I once did get a great shot of STEVEN TYLER coming out of a book store called BOOK SOUP (Ronnie Wood was inside doing a book signing) with a little pocket camera. The line was a mile long and we were waiting forever. On the other side, I once waited in OSLO, Norway with a small group of fans for SPRINGSTEEN to come out of his hotel and as we all waited he snuck out the back door with Patti.... you never know what's gonna happen, like I said, GOOD LUCK, hope you get some good shots... Helter

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: November 22, 2008 11:02

HelterSkelter
Well, GOOD LUCK, you never know, might get something good. Don't mind me jaggeroo, In LA it's celebrities 24/7 and it just gets old and annoying here. I must say I once did get a great shot of STEVEN TYLER coming out of a book store called BOOK SOUP (Ronnie Wood was inside doing a book signing) with a little pocket camera. The line was a mile long and we were waiting forever. On the other side, I once waited in OSLO, Norway with a small group of fans for SPRINGSTEEN to come out of his hotel and as we all waited he snuck out the back door with Patti.... you never know what's gonna happen, like I said, GOOD LUCK, hope you get some good shots... Helter

The incident you describe in LA with Tyler and Wood; was that in 1988? I was there, waiting in line with my wife and my three year old son. I remember Tyler coming out of the store. What I wonder, do you have pictures of the line? Maybe we're on them, and it would have been a very nice thing to have a look at.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: November 22, 2008 11:18

Helter Skelter,
Just to drag this thread even more OT.
Think we got a week in LA next year. Will be a "miles flight" so more money to throw into the hotel side. We're looking into Peninsula or Bel Air at the moment, Funny enough, Bel Air is cheaper. I know Bel Air is a bit away from Rodeo. Is it worth it? Don't mind a taxi ride every now and then etc. My half brain says Peninsula, the other says 'Go for Bel Air, one time'.

Cheers
TE
Oslo

HelterSkelter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-23 00:29 by TE.

Date: November 22, 2008 20:19

No sign of Mick...and it was really cold outside today...all for nothing..

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 22, 2008 23:36

GO FOR THE BEL AIR! Definitely one of a kind...have you checked the website to see the swans...garden...pool.

Some of my best drinking was in their cool little bar with Jack Nicholson and others cracking jokes.

Peninsula is nothing to sneeze at but let's put it this way...Jagger stays at the Bel Air.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: November 23, 2008 00:24

Stonesrule,
Thanks a lot!

TE
Oslo

stonesrule
GO FOR THE BEL AIR! Definitely one of a kind...have you checked the website to see the swans...garden...pool.

Some of my best drinking was in their cool little bar with Jack Nicholson and others cracking jokes.

Peninsula is nothing to sneeze at but let's put it this way...Jagger stays at the Bel Air.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 23, 2008 02:20

Bel air... Definitely!!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 23, 2008 04:04

TE, hope you see something, and if it's not too late, you too,
Mickij/Vilhelm!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 23, 2008 05:53

TE, keep us posted on your Los Angeles dates and itinerary. If I'm around then perhaps a little VIP tour could happen. Possibly with Helter and BluzDude?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 23, 2008 06:08

stonesrule
TE, keep us posted on your Los Angeles dates and itinerary. If I'm around then perhaps a little VIP tour could happen. Possibly with Helter and BluzDude?

With 50 years of experience, I am always up for showing off the L.A. that I like so well.

I've seen the best of Oslo (I think) so you should see the best of L.A.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-23 06:10 by BluzDude.

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: November 23, 2008 17:51

Mick didn't show up:

[www.aftonbladet.se]

Date: November 23, 2008 19:19

Niklas
HelterSkelter

The incident you describe in LA with Tyler and Wood; was that in 1988? I was there, waiting in line with my wife and my three year old son. I remember Tyler coming out of the store. What I wonder, do you have pictures of the line? Maybe we're on them, and it would have been a very nice thing to have a look at.

Hey Niklas, I think 1988 sounds about right. I remember TYLER coming out with a woman on his arm and he yelled out "ALOHA !!!" to the crowd which I thought was kind of funny since you only ever really say that in Hawaii but then I thought maybe he had just gotten back and it was fresh on his mind. Whatever the reason it was pretty original, very Steven Tyler-ish with his "way with words". As far as the shots I used to have the best one (close and looking at the camera) floating around my photo studio and now I realize I haven't seen it for awhile... just like a lot of other shots after the GF cleaned up in there (which means she put it in some kind of box in storage in a shed or the garage - places I stay away from) Out of site/out of mind is her method of clean up...... I gotta find all that stuff, I'll let you know when I find the whole pack of shots, I'm gonna put some pressure on her - NO MORE USING MY PRIVATE JET UNTIL SHE FINDS THE SHOTS !!! (well, the private jet is a helter joke... I'll tell her "Box Wine" only, no more bottles, till she finds the shots, that WILL work - hehe smiling smiley )

TE, well, thank God you received some good advice here cause I don't know what to tell you, I never stay at hotels around here. I just had a friend from MONTREAL in town but she stayed in SANTA MONICA. If that interests you I can dig up the name. I'm not crazy about Beverly Hills but I'm sure it would be interesting if I didn't live in this area. I don't even know where celebs go these days. I remember back in the day I saw Lenny Kravitz, Lisa Bonet, and Sandra Bernhert all within 2 hours on Melrose but that was a quiet weekday around lunch and early afternoon God knows where they all go now. Go luck, check out [www.tripadvisor.com] to see what they say about the hotels, I always use them, good, accurate comments in general..... Helter

Date: November 23, 2008 20:39

Talk about hijacking a thread...

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: November 23, 2008 20:52

I can remember summer 2007, Stones in Poland. Several fans called me, Ronnie was in a cafe not recognized by anybody! Just a couple of people came for the autographs and the got it... Then, I took my bike and ride to Hyatt hotel to meet Charlie, Darryl, Chuck & Blondie. I heard Keith was sleeping all day tongue sticking out smiley I was very excited, spend all day around the hotel after I've got thrown out ;^)

I wish you luck, mickijaggeroo!

Date: November 23, 2008 20:58

The wedding was yesterday, and Mick did´nt show, so it´s over.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: ERC6761 ()
Date: November 24, 2008 00:21

mickijaggeroo

I always think theres something a little sad about people who hang round hotels waiting for a glimpse of a "celebrity", makes me laugh when they spend all that time there for no result...........all that time wasted that could be better spent.

sad people with sad lives i guess

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: November 24, 2008 00:24

ERC6761 it gets pretty different when you do that in the hotel bar with your friends drinking vodka. ;^)

Date: November 24, 2008 07:26

ERC6761
mickijaggeroo

I always think theres something a little sad about people who hang round hotels waiting for a glimpse of a "celebrity", makes me laugh when they spend all that time there for no result...........all that time wasted that could be better spent.

You betcha ERC, We are just all men (and women) living lives of "Quiet Desperation".... I think I shall now go drink some Brandy and play Russian Roulette - will this be a lucky or unlucky night ?? Oh wait, I can't.... gotta get Neil Young's massive box set coming out soon......OK, Cancel the RR idea for now smiling smiley .....

Date: November 24, 2008 18:43

ERC6761
mickijaggeroo

No, whats really sad is people taking time to psychoanalyze people they never met.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2362
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home