Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

SAL in Marrakech
Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: November 21, 2008 11:10

hopped on a plane Saturday to spend a few days in this exotic town. Went down to the main square, and what do I see? Keith doing "Connection" from SAL! It was International Film Festival there, and they had a huge screen and pretty good sound system playing the movie. Quite a scene.

Re: SAL in Marrakech
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 21, 2008 11:23

Wow! I visited Marrakesch in January 1989, and it was quite a experience. The young kids begging and them and "my friends" and dealers following you anywhere, the strange music, old men smoking pot in the cafes, got lost in the souk, etc. An exotic town, indeed. At that time there was not Keith Richards singing, but the president of Mali visiting,and the whole central square was cleared out. I watched the scene from the roof of one building, drinking mint tea...smoking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: November 21, 2008 13:29

I got lost in the souks, too. Didn't even catch a whiff of their biggest export, though. A different world there, for sure.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 21, 2008 14:49

never been there, it's firmly on my list though.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: November 21, 2008 15:04

Good timing.

A place i will visit soon.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: November 21, 2008 16:05

Marrakech is THE PLACE - as exotic as it gets (well, I call it exotic, maybe some wouldn't). Hooked up with this dude Hajj, Robert Plant's driver (at least at that time) by pure accident and heard some interesting stories - including the behind the scenes of the taping of MTV's "No Quarter/Unledded" shoot in Jemaa el-Fna Town Square. Also got to see Plant's Hotel room/suite at his local hangout (at that time, not sure if he still hangs out there) Tichka Salam. Nice, super authentic 4 star with a great pool area. A wonderful place (as is FEZ) and somewhere to get lost for a few weeks or months. Here Robert and Jimmy doing their thing in JEMAA EL-FNA...

THE TRUTH EXPLODES - JEMAA EL-FNA, Marrakech

PAGE/PLANT - MOST HIGH - a visual stunning and exotic video

Page and Plant kick it around Marrakech

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: November 21, 2008 16:22

Essaouira is much more interesting to me. Great music festival, the sea and much cooler people.

However I do miss the walk to Jemaa El Fna early in the morning sun, to have honey msemen (pancakes), mint tea and fresh orange juice.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: November 21, 2008 23:31

Yeah, I've heard some good stuff about Essaouira, must check it out someday .......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1551
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home