Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT:New Springsteen Album
Posted by: onionhead ()
Date: November 18, 2008 00:36

I love Magic and he was superb in Cardiff in June.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 18, 2008 16:00

Gazza
Elmo Lewis
24th album? - damn, I've missed a few!

Studio albums - 16 (including the new one)
Live albums - 5
Greatest Hits albums - 2
Boxed set of unreleased material (Tracks) - 1
1 CD version of Tracks - 1

Total : 25

After one studio album in a decade, this will be his 5th studio release in 6 and a half years. Not bad considering the amount of touring he's done almost every year in that time frame.

Never realized that many ......... and I've got most of 'em.

Yeah, the Magic tour was superb - hope the ESB continues. Not a solo tour.

I can play an acoustic by myself (my songs aren't quite as good as Bruce's though - well not yet anyway!).

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: November 18, 2008 16:55

Great news! I can only hope he will visit some countries he's never been to, so that I can catch him! It sounds so exciting!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 18, 2008 18:03

I wouldnt bet on it, unfortunately. It appears that it'll be a relatively short tour..maybe just 40 shows or so. All in arenas.

Date: November 18, 2008 18:16

I am affraid so too Gazza. I wrote it here before - I just don't understand why does he keep on visiting the same places and completely avoids other areas. I mean, c'mon, Prague is not the end of the world, is it? And he has never ever been here. Anyway, if he doesn't come this time, then I'll have to travell... Only if I am able to get some tickest, since you wrote he will be in Europe in February / March, which means arena shows. That will hardly fulfill the demand.

Date: November 18, 2008 18:25

Agree with you 100%. I'm sure he'd love Prague. Who wouldnt?

Posted by: hickorywind ()
Date: November 18, 2008 18:33

Gazza
Agree with you 100%. I'm sure he'd love Prague. Who wouldnt?

Yes , but what is the chance of a Glasgow gig next year ?

Re: get lost
Posted by: Dear Doctor ()
Date: November 18, 2008 19:54

stop polluting a website of the greatest rock and roll band ever with all this garbage about this over-rated whining dirtbag

take this vomit over to the rocks off site, the official springsteen kiss ass site

stop embarrassing me and other stones fans

Date: November 18, 2008 19:58

Hmm..I didnt start the thread (its also one of 15 OT threads on the front page of IORR and yet the only one you choose to post in) and its obvious that you're increasingly easy to embarrass with every succeeding thread.

You make a higher proportion of Springsteen related posts than anyone else, oddly enough.

Isnt that it a bit warm inside that Klan mask ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-18 20:09 by Gazza.

Posted by: kees ()
Date: November 18, 2008 21:06

Dear Doktor, as a Stones fan (until 82) I am very interested to read this stuff about Springsteen
Except a very interesting club gigs during the Licks tour and playing the same old stuff over and over again, not that much 'our boys' can be proud of I think.
Bruce sets the standard for rock and roll all ready for quite some time.

Posted by: ferda ()
Date: November 18, 2008 21:34

In fact, Springsteen played in Prague during Tom Joad tour in 90s (solo tour with Patti, not with EScool smiley.

Posted by: R ()
Date: November 18, 2008 22:10

trainarollin
Not a fan of Brendan O'Brien's production work with Springsteen. The instruments do not have a chance to breath. Too many layers and seemed mashed together.

The theory is it was mixed for ear-buds so Bruce could be down with the kids. I've played the vinyl of MAGIC on my hoity-toity Thorens turntable and it STILL sounds like sh-t.

O'Brien didn't do that with the AC/DC album nor any of the stuff he did with Pearl Jam. Methinks too many cooks got into the Springsteen kitchen.

Date: November 19, 2008 10:18

ferda
In fact, Springsteen played in Prague during Tom Joad tour in 90s (solo tour with Patti, not with EScool smiley.

Really? I didn't know that. Well, it doesn't help me much with my problem - that I want to see him, but it is interesting. Thanx.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1393
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home