Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: queen-the cosmos rock
Date: November 7, 2008 16:37

i did a search and couldn't find a thread about this album.

anyone get it? i was skeptical about it at first but i purchased it and it is pretty good

Re: OT: queen-the cosmos rock
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: November 7, 2008 17:26

Didn't listen to it yet.
From what I read, the album is said to be the best Brian May solo album ever.
Probably a good rocking CD, but can it be called decently "Queen" ?

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: CSD ()
Date: November 7, 2008 22:07

I think it would more acceptable if it hadn't gone under the Queen banner and the title track sucks and sounds like a bad Status Quo outtake.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: November 7, 2008 22:11

It's Queen + PR. Good music but kind of too pop for me. They're not a bluesrock band anyway so I'd rate the CD 3.5/5.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 8, 2008 04:26

Just got home from seeing Queen + Paul Rodgers at the O2. Thought it was great, and it was an extra treat to hear a couple of Free and Bad Company numbers into the bargain. Would've loved to have seen the real Queen (with Freddie) ... but sadly missed out o that. still, in their current form with Paul Rodgers fronting them, they're just great in my opinion. Anyone else see 'em on this current tour ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-08 12:17 by paulywaul.

Date: November 8, 2008 07:22

paulywaul
Just got home from seeing Queen + Paul Rodgers at the O2. Thought it was great, and it was an extra treat to hear a couple of Free and Bad Company numbers into the bargain. Wouldn've loved to have seen the real Queen (with Freddie) ... but sadly missed out o that. still, in their current form with Paul Rodgers fronting them, they're just great in my opinion. Anyone else see 'em on this current tour ?

are they coming to the united states soon?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 8, 2008 12:23

[www.queenpluspaulrodgers.com]

Doesn't look like it

Date: November 8, 2008 13:01

paulywaul
[www.queenpluspaulrodgers.com]

Doesn't look like it

i saw that. it does say 2008 europe tour though so maybe in 2009. i'd like to see them

Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: November 8, 2008 13:34

I saw them on this Tour in Mannheim/Germany.
I loved the songs when Brian May or Roger Taylor took over the lead vocals. Paul Rodgers is just the wrong person to sing this songs. His two own songs (Alright Now & Bad Company) were really good.
Too sad that I'm to young to had have a chance to see Queen with Freddie. At least my mom saw a real Queen gig when she was pregnant with me. And also one of the Stones. :-)

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: November 8, 2008 14:34

I never liked Queen for some (freddie) reason. With Paul Rodgers its a new approach for me and I really like it. And I like the combination of May, Taylor and Rodgers. Comsos is no masterpiece but its far better than a lot of stuff what you get nowadays.

Date: November 8, 2008 14:55

jamesjagger
I never liked Queen for some (freddie) reason. With Paul Rodgers its a new approach for me and I really like it. And I like the combination of May, Taylor and Rodgers. Comsos is no masterpiece but its far better than a lot of stuff what you get nowadays.

i agree, i just have 3 problems with the new album.

1 not enough lead vocal work by taylor and may. i know rodgers is the lead singer but mercury was a much better singer and may and taylor sang more lead work when mercury was there

2 i assume whoever's name is listed first in the credits is the person who wrote the majority of the song. may did not write enough/or come up with enough ideas or whatever being listed first is for.

3 the album needs to get rid of the "small reprise" and at least 1 more track. no need to make an album longer than it needs to be just to fill up a cd.

overall i was surprised at how good it was. great effort. hopefully they'll do 1 more but it appears this album is going to tank here in the united states. no radio play/video play and right now no concert dates. imo a top 10 album of the year and better than a few of queens older albums (hot space, the works)

Posted by: Han ()
Date: November 8, 2008 17:01

I was at the O2 as well, Paulywaul, but I didn't spot you there. I thought the concert was great; I just wish they a) play more of the new album, and b) play fewer Greatest Hits. Bit like the Stones, really. (and like the Who and practically everybody else, except possibly Bob.)

You might have to scrape me off the floor at the end of the tour, but it'll be really good scrapings. - Mick Jagger

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1783
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home