Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Jack Bruce disses LZ
Posted by: stonesmusicfan ()
Date: November 8, 2008 17:38

Sleepy City
keefriffhard4life
baxlap
Amsterdamned
I have to admit that both Clapton & Page are not my cup off tea.

Jeff Beck is a better guitarist than both of them!

exactly

I agree, & also it was undoubtedly THE JEFF BECK GROUP (with our own Ronnie on bass) who paved the way for Led Zeppelin, NOT Cream.

I think it was The Yardbirds, actually, who made way for Led Zeppelin, in The Yardbirds incarnation with Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page, then with Jimmy Page's reforming the Yardbirds as The New Yardbirds, AFTER Beck left the Yardbirds...if manager, Paul Samwell-Smith has anything to say about it !

Posted by: stonesmusicfan ()
Date: November 8, 2008 17:45

marcovandereijk
Well, he (jack bruce) admitted he was driven by jealousy didn't he? But there is a grain of truth in his
saying that Cream paved the way for Led Zeppelin and a very large amount of truth that
Clapton is much better a guitar player than Page.

For Keith commenting on LZ, see: time is on our side.

Maybe a hint of what one future Led Zeppelin member felt about them, can be found in Andrew Loog Oldman's second oral biography, 2STONED (Vintage softcover 2003 issue, page 365), John Paul Jones comments...

"I did one session for Andrew and the Stones for SATANIC MAJESTIES, the arrangement for 'She's A Rainbow'. I just remember waiting for them forever. I just thought they were unprofessional and boring."

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: November 8, 2008 18:29

stonesmusicfan
Sleepy City
keefriffhard4life
baxlap
Amsterdamned
I have to admit that both Clapton & Page are not my cup off tea.

Jeff Beck is a better guitarist than both of them!

exactly

I agree, & also it was undoubtedly THE JEFF BECK GROUP (with our own Ronnie on bass) who paved the way for Led Zeppelin, NOT Cream.

I think it was The Yardbirds, actually, who made way for Led Zeppelin, in The Yardbirds incarnation with Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page, then with Jimmy Page's reforming the Yardbirds as The New Yardbirds, AFTER Beck left the Yardbirds...if manager, Paul Samwell-Smith has anything to say about it !

Ypu're right...but musically they still sounded closer to The Jeff Beck Group than they did to the (old) Yardbirds.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: November 19, 2008 14:57

stonesmusicfan

Maybe a hint of what one future Led Zeppelin member felt about them, can be found in Andrew Loog Oldman's second oral biography, 2STONED (Vintage softcover 2003 issue, page 365), John Paul Jones comments...

"I did one session for Andrew and the Stones for SATANIC MAJESTIES, the arrangement for 'She's A Rainbow'. I just remember waiting for them forever. I just thought they were unprofessional and boring."

This I can respect 'cause he's giving an opinion. He didn't say that LZ was better and that the Stones fans were stupid.

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: November 20, 2008 18:21

marcovandereijk
Cream's Albert Hall performances 2005 gives me so much joy, everytime I watch it.
Usually I don't really care about perfect musical craftmanship, but here it is combined with
so much enjoyment of the band members that I can not help but participate in the fun they
appear to have. A lot of glances and smiles, even between Baker and Bruce.

Hmmm...I agree that they seemed to have fun, for the most part. Like you, I also tend to enjoy music more if I can sense the joy the musicians have in making music. I enjoyed the music and I'm glad Cream had its reunion -- I was a pretty big Cream fan.

However, while I thought the songs were performed amazingly well, the jamming did not seem inspired to me. I actually thought it was a bit listless. Clapton, in particular, seemed a bit restrained and controlled.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1363
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home