Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 21
Re: Ot: BARACK OBAMA ELECTED PRESIDENT OF THE USA
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 5, 2008 22:59

Ablett don't waste you breath on a redneck Bush backer.

Posted by: aslecs ()
Date: November 5, 2008 23:00

When the middle east to a degree is free and democtaric you "EMBECILE" (whatever that is).

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 5, 2008 23:01

aslecs
When the middle east to a degree is free and democtaric you "EMBECILE" (whatever that is).

MMMMMMM......what?

Date: November 5, 2008 23:02

Exactly. I have no idea what an "EMBICILE" is either. Thanks for agreeing!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: November 5, 2008 23:04

"When the middle east to a degree is free and democtaric you "EMBECILE" (whatever that is)."

And thats the reason Bush went in then? He wants Iraq democratic?

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: November 5, 2008 23:05

aslecs

Why would this make him a great president?

Date: November 5, 2008 23:06

why wouldn't it?

Date: November 5, 2008 23:06

And thats the reason Bush went in then? He wants Iraq democratic?

Date: November 5, 2008 23:07

of course

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: November 5, 2008 23:07

aslecs
We will know the answer about Bush years down the road - mark my words - you will be eating yours ("words", that is)

I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

Date: November 5, 2008 23:08

aslecs
of course

So it wasn't the weapons of mass destruction like he told us?

Date: November 5, 2008 23:08

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 5, 2008 23:09

mmhmm - had nuthin to do with the fact that we wanted to control the oil....nope none whatsoever!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 5, 2008 23:10

I sense this post is about to go downhill fast, and on that note, I'm going home for the evening - my workday is now finished. Do try to stay civil all!

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: November 5, 2008 23:11

aslecs
why wouldn't it?

I don't know that it wouldn't; I'm just trying to understand why you think that it would.

Date: November 5, 2008 23:17

but why not?

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: November 5, 2008 23:17

Lukester, it is kind of difficult to hear you through all this childish bickering and name calling on the board. Yikes!!!!

Anyway, my apologies if I sounded insulting, I certainly did not mean to be. I am not insinuating that everyone who is euphoirc today is so because a black man has been elected. It is just that in all the news reports and TV coverage since last night, some have said little more than that, that they were elated that FINALLY a black man is president. I wondered if any on this board might feel this way, and, if so, why? (Also, I am not ignoring 200+ years of US history as it relates to African Americans, I understand that perspective).

I'll again say, I did not vote for Obama, but he now has my support and prayers, as would anyone who occupies the office of President. He has a huge task in front of him. I am politically and philosophically at odds with him on many issues. There is no perfect candidate and I felt that this election offered us 2 bad choices. But, that is the way of the US political system and we need to work with what and who we've got.

Date: November 5, 2008 23:19

well said but we are in BIG trouble with this guy

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 5, 2008 23:19

The day he passes slave reparations is the day I want reparations for my side of the family that fought to free them!!!

Date: November 5, 2008 23:21

Aslecs - And thats the reason Bush went in then? He wants Iraq democratic?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 5, 2008 23:28

VERY IMPORTANT:

If anyone post about Bush or Iraq or any other political statements in this thread from now on then I will close down that user account on IORR, simple as that. If you want to congratulate then fine. If you want to fight or whine or post a statement then please DO NOT post. It might be your last post here. Try me.

PS. My patience is gone. Sorry.

Bjornulf
IORR Editor

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 5, 2008 23:29

Sorry bv just read your post consider it done.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-05 23:34 by shadooby.

Date: November 6, 2008 00:06

DaveG
Lukester, it is kind of difficult to hear you through all this childish bickering and name calling on the board. Yikes!!!!

Anyway, my apologies if I sounded insulting, I certainly did not mean to be. I am not insinuating that everyone who is euphoirc today is so because a black man has been elected. It is just that in all the news reports and TV coverage since last night, some have said little more than that, that they were elated that FINALLY a black man is president. I wondered if any on this board might feel this way, and, if so, why? (Also, I am not ignoring 200+ years of US history as it relates to African Americans, I understand that perspective).

I'll again say, I did not vote for Obama, but he now has my support and prayers, as would anyone who occupies the office of President. He has a huge task in front of him. I am politically and philosophically at odds with him on many issues. There is no perfect candidate and I felt that this election offered us 2 bad choices. But, that is the way of the US political system and we need to work with what and who we've got.

Thanks DaveG. I understand your question and the reason behind it. And I'm sure there are people who voted for Obama just because he is black, and certainly this is a historic step towards racial unity/harmony within our country, personally, though, I see way beyond race when I vote for a leader. I appreciate your reply.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 6, 2008 00:24

aslecs
well said but we are in BIG trouble with this guy

We all ARE in big trouble with the other guy. Wake up!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 6, 2008 00:29

Thank you Bjornulf.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: November 6, 2008 00:33

Thank God.

Drew

Posted by: benon again ()
Date: November 6, 2008 01:06

The best wishes to all Americans.I think i love this country and his culture.I wish you really good President.I wish you to stay as you are cause the spirit of American people is unique.I wish i was born in he USA - honest and generous country really.I live in East Europe and i think it won`t be easy now , unforunatelly.I hope you will not forget about us.I must tell you , Russia as an neighbour was the greatest tragedy in our history.Be carefull.All the best!

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: November 6, 2008 01:13

(Civilian national police force) . Google or You tube it please.

Date: November 6, 2008 01:20

So exciting.. in spite of the nutjobs on this thread (Virgil the election is over "my friend")

i followed the election from my apartment six blocks from white house.. went out and the streets were absolutely full of people celebrating.. never seen dc like this.... we went to the white house and made some noise...

what a great day..too bad some losers/worrywarts cant relax for one day... you'd think they are rush limbaugh or something.. give it a rest guys... this is a positive thread about the US election..if you got a problem go to REDSTATE blog.. you'll find fellow wackos there..

the american people have spoken now lets all work together to make things better...

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: November 6, 2008 01:31

Congrats, right choice for sure. Now let's bail out GM so I can keep my job winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1466
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home