Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Send your complaint to rs.com! Give'em HELL!
Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: October 31, 2008 15:24

Paid for your fan club memberships in rollingstones.com and haven't received the new dvd? Make a fuss! Complain - demand they make it up to you!
Here's a letter I sent to them a few minutes ago. If you would like to complain, please feel free to mail them and use the mail below...
If you never had a problem with them - or you were never a member - please ignore this!

To:

"Rolling Stones Support" <[email protected]>

In 2006 and 2007 I was one of the thousands and thousands who paid for at lest two fan club memberships in Rollingstones.com - believing that we'd receive the new DVD.
However, recently I've been told that several fan club members have contacted you to get an answer as to "Where's the DVD I've paid for?". The answers they have received from you certainly vary a great deal. This sounds very unreliable.

You owe me 400 dollars for the worthless memberships - two years - at least two memberships - no DVD. I've spoken with people from the iorr.org message board, that's the European Rolling Stones Fan Club, and we've decided that enough is enough. We demand you send us our money back, alternatively - that you send us our new DVDs immediately. Not the DVDs from the Licks tour, since most of us already have that one, but the new one that you've promised us for more than two years.

If you should fail to send us the DVDs, or give us our money back, within December 1st 2008, legal action will be taken, and the media will be informed about the biggest fan club fraud on earth. It's a pity that people like you give The Rolling Stones a bad name. They have not deserved this, and we, their loyal fans, certainly have not deserved this.

--
Regards

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-31 16:39 by Addicted.

Re: Send your complaint to the fan club! Make a fuss!
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 31, 2008 15:43

... "fuss" is the word, actually
("fuzz" means either what peaches/little kittens/etc have instead of fur,
or a guitar effect, or a slang expression for police)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-31 15:44 by with sssoul.

Re: Send your complaint to the fan club! Make a fuzz!
Date: October 31, 2008 15:58

And after this valuable spelling lesson, the heading will be changed.

Do you feel that the rollingstones.com have treated you well, or is being exposed to incorrect spelling the worst thing that happens to you?

Re: Send your complaint to the fan club! Give'em HELL!
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 31, 2008 16:27

rollingstones.com? I've never participated in any kind of fan club. From the sounds of things, this one is really bad. They've always been suspect and this proves nothing different.

Re: Send your complaint to rs.com! Give'em HELL!
Date: October 31, 2008 17:15

Good for you, Skipstone!
However I think there are a few others out there who really feel they have something to complain about. People who were fan club members and were ripped off.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 31, 2008 17:50

Who runs/owns the club?
If it is sanctioned by Mick and Co maybe some letters to the music press as a start.
Their "official spokesperson" (Bernard Doherty, I think) might then be persuaded to issue a statement - this would probably be very bland - but of course could be followed up if no improvements took place.
Unless of course you think that RS are above all this (like our Monarchy?)

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 31, 2008 17:57

>> And after this valuable spelling lesson, the heading will be changed. <<

you're welcome - good-natured as usual too i see! :E
(and don't worry, i've already complained to rs.com, multiple times,
including quite recently, so i've done my part for "the cause".)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-01 14:53 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 31, 2008 18:02

fan clubs are a big scam to get extra money from the hardworking fans ,so they have a chance to score the better half of the house tickets to a show .my advice save your money,be aware of onsale ticket dates and also pre internet sales times and check online for pre sale passwords and if you hit at the right time you can score primo tickets in the better half of the venue.one time during the abb stones tour we were down front and right behind us were fan club and or VIP ticket holders that got really hosed for tickets ,the same seats we had they paid twice as much for (VIP)or fan club members who paid a bogus membership for the same seats we paid for with the service charges from ticketbastard,which that should be where the buck stops as far as price gouging goes .so save your money okay.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 31, 2008 18:05

Legal action? I'm afraid RS.Com personnel have probably thought of that already and have a plan in place to ensure they don't take a loss.

You do make solid points though.

I might add to your list the fact of the ticket hoarding for the Munich Circus Krone show in 2003. I paid for my membership trying to get tickets for this "holy grail" show only to be dissappointed by an ultra fast sell-out. Here's the bullshit part, when I went to the Stones hotel where they were holding "some tickets" I saw a nice sized box full of them. I'd say maybe they sold a couple hundred of them fairly. The rest they held back for businessmen and VIP's. I'm sure they have a good excuse for that too.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: October 31, 2008 18:27

Who's gonna do the 'legal action' then?

Re: Send your complaint to the fan club! Make a fuss!
Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: October 31, 2008 19:02

with sssoul
... "fuss" is the word, actually
("fuzz" means either what peaches/little kittens/etc have instead of fur,
or a guitar effect, or a slang expression for police)

Too funny!

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 31, 2008 19:25

The fuzz are here! Hide the drugs in the hollowed-out disco ball!

Date: October 31, 2008 21:33

Actually, they went down the loo... FLUSH!
Afterwards, they discovered it was Sting, Stuart and Andy... The Police.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: October 31, 2008 21:41

Well done, Addicted.The Stones have been ripping us for a long time with less than brilliant albums and over-priced concerts.The Stones' tours over the years have been the usual Warhorses with a few other songs from their glory days and a handful of numbers from whatever the latest album was at the time. Worse still,the last London show I saw on the "A Bigger Bang" tour featured only one song from the album.
Whether the Stones know about the lousy way their fans have been treated by their official fan club or not, it's time to say enough is enough.It seems that the only area the fan club does excel at is in its speed at taking people's money off them.
The Sunday Times did an article on fan clubs a good few years ago mentioning how slow the official fan club is at sending out merchandise. I hope the press pick up on your thread and I wish you every success with your campaign.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: November 1, 2008 00:25

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-01 14:11 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: bombayturner ()
Date: November 1, 2008 01:05

Platinum
$ 99.99

THIS MEMBERSHIP TYPE INCLUDES:

Full access to the members-only online fan club - the fan community, interactive media center, Stones archive and more.

Special access to tickets should the band announce shows.
A special membership gift - details to be announced later this year.
Members-only site access, including exclusive video and photo

That sounds like a promising legal action.

Any other terms available?

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: November 1, 2008 02:17

bombayturner
Platinum
$ 99.99

THIS MEMBERSHIP TYPE INCLUDES:

Full access to the members-only online fan club - the fan community, interactive media center, Stones archive and more.

Special access to tickets should the band announce shows.
A special membership gift - details to be announced later this year.
Members-only site access, including exclusive video and photo

That sounds like a promising legal action.

Any other terms available?

And all I got was a lousy hat.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2104
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home