Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Concert Ediquette
Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: October 27, 2008 17:15

Damn, Lukester, you stole the line I was going to write about the cowboy hat!!

Posted by: Phantom ()
Date: October 27, 2008 17:47

I'm probably the only one but I hate people who constantly play with their mobile at gigs. Especially when they block other people's view in their attempt to make poor quality pics or clips. Maybe I'm too sensitive but I also find that the light of their mobile screens is disturbing to the people standing behind them.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 27, 2008 18:07

THE AISLE POLICEWOMAN

A few years ago, I was at Stones concert at Madison Square Garden. I had a lousy seat upsatirs, and so I was attempting to move closer. Some woman tried to physically prevent me from walking downstairs through "her" section... while she danced in the aisle. What a #%@* !

I pushed her aside as she tried to grab my shirt! I stayed in the stairway until an usher asked me to move. I had never seen that before!

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: October 27, 2008 18:52

Elmo Lewis
Lukester sitting would be taller than me standing!

Thanks Elmo. In fact, in general admission venues I often look behind me and invite one or two (or three) shorter people to stand in front of me. I almost never have an obscured view.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 27, 2008 21:04

Thanks Lukester, on behalf of all of us vertically challenged concertgoers! I'm used to not being able to see, but I do appreciate the kind souls who let me stand in front because I'm beneath their notice, so to speak.

I agree that the people I'd like to shoot aren't the standers and dancers (I'm usually one of those myself) but the natterers and chatterers - why are they there at all if all they want to do is rabbit away to their friends?

I hear you talking
Me, I'm walking

Yap yap, you know you talk too much...

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: October 27, 2008 21:40

I like to be up and moving with the music....I hate when people just want to sit.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 27, 2008 22:11

I just would say...... shoot the people that's in your way.........and if they ask you who was it that was shooting ........tell him it was the guy with the cowboy hat ;o)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-27 22:21 by NICOS.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 27, 2008 22:12

Lukester
Elmo Lewis

Thanks Elmo. In fact, in general admission venues I often look behind me and invite one or two (or three) shorter people to stand in front of me. I almost never have an obscured view.

Even men??

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 27, 2008 22:22

LOL

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 27, 2008 22:45

I always get stuck behind some guy with some Easter Island looking head.

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: October 27, 2008 23:09

Like at an American Football game, I think that most of us sit all week, and if we go out to the game or the kick ass Stones show, we can and should stand a while. There's plenty of time to sit on our asses but not while Charlie is banging the drums. Life is short.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: October 27, 2008 23:53

sweetcharmedlife
Lukester
Elmo Lewis

Even men??

Ha ha ha of course. I'm talking about a concert not an orgy.

Posted by: rich-wdc ()
Date: October 28, 2008 00:09

I always heard that the only person who should be sitting during a Stones show is Charlie Watts...

As for The Who and all other bands.... Standing v sitting has to be the most difficult conflict at concerts, especially with the aging of the concertgoing population as was pointed out already in the thread.

I, personally, prefer standing. When I'm in the mood to sit-- which does happen sometimes -- I'm okay with not seeing every move by the band. Think, too, what the artist thinks when looking out and seeing most people sitting down during their rockin' songs (or their ballads that are swayable...)

I've always said that folks should stand up if they want to because it l-i-v-e music and being at the concert beats being at home w/ the LP on... Of course a similar logic could be applied to the argument on the other side.

In any case -- folks should be somewhat conscious of what others in the area are doing. But majority shouldn't have to rule. Folks need to enjoy themselves at the show. IMPORTANT, though --- to both sides of the argument: ALWAYS WAIT 'TIL THE END OF A SONG BEFORE making a scene or asking someone to sit or stand. Let 'em enjoy those few minutes of pure enjoyment.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 28, 2008 01:06

Phantom
I'm probably the only one but I hate people who constantly play with their mobile at gigs. Especially when they block other people's view in their attempt to make poor quality pics or clips.

You're not, Phantom

You can even see it happening on several occasions down front in "Shine a Light" for Chrissakes!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1038
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home