Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: 49ers Fire Head Coach
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 22, 2008 07:15

kinda sad for me. Good god, what has become of what was the greatest franchise in professional football, even all of professional sports?? Team of the 80s, Team of the 90s, a dynasty for the ages.

I wish Eddie D could be brought back. Yes, things have changed but even with the salary cap, but Eddie and Carmen Policy seemed always able to help pull together a great team even with that.

Seems like a long time since the days of Walsh, Seifert, Steve Young, Ronnie Lott, many others but especially the great JOE MONTANA.

p

Re: OT: 49ers Fire Head Coach
Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: October 22, 2008 09:00

timbernardis
kinda sad for me. Good god, what has become of what was the greatest franchise in professional football, even all of professional sports?? Team of the 80s, Team of the 90s, a dynasty for the ages.

I wish Eddie D could be brought back. Yes, things have changed but even with the salary cap, but Eddie and Carmen Policy seemed always able to help pull together a great team even with that.

Seems like a long time since the days of Walsh, Seifert, Steve Young, Ronnie Lott, many others but especially the great JOE MONTANA.

And it's not gonna get any better any time soon unfortunately! The Yorks have no clue.

p

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 22, 2008 15:21

dump the Yorks. Bring back Eddie and the DeBartolos!

p

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 22, 2008 17:38

Denise York is a DeBartolo. She's Eddie's sister. Wouldn't do much good to bring Eddie back now that they havbe a salary cap. But the York's should sell the team to someone more interested and capable of running the franchise properly.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 22, 2008 17:51

The Bills will win the Super bowl this year.

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: October 22, 2008 18:35

Nolan should of been gone a long time ago, week 2! Mike Singletary will help build up the defense and hopefully get a QB and an offesive coach that remember the west coast offense. Maybe Steve Young can be a coach?
its been a rotten ten years for us 49er fans.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: October 22, 2008 19:30

Go Panthers

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 22, 2008 19:50

team of the 90's? huh? tell that to the cowboys...

the niners destroyed themselves 10 years ago by failing to understand the implications of the salary cap and have never recovered.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 22, 2008 21:41

I feel the pain.
I saw Joe play live. I saw Steve play live. I Even enjoyed watching Garcia play live ...
I am still an avid follower since 1980, but damn its been tough since Steve retired.

I think Mooch was a great coach too.
I would like to see him back...but what about a quarterback?
Sad Sad Sad...

Date: October 22, 2008 22:27

jjflash73
quote]

Maybe Steve Young can be a coach?

Their have been rumours before about Steve Young and Brett Jones being part of a group interested in buying the Niners. But The York's keep saying they are not planning on selling.angry smiley

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: October 22, 2008 22:30

The Bay Area had a tough year w/coaches.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 23, 2008 01:50

I can't believe they're still playing in Candlestick Park,or whatever corporate name it is nowadays!

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 23, 2008 03:22

At least Singletary is a great choice. he will take advantage of this opportunity.

Date: October 23, 2008 03:57

J.J.Flash
At least Singletary is a great choice. he will take advantage of this opportunity.

you think so? i guess it's possible, but there's nothing in his resume that suggests he's ready to be head coach. there's not much chance this is his job to keep; seems like they are already sizing up holmgren for 2009....

Date: October 23, 2008 03:58

Munichhilton
I feel the pain.
I saw Joe play live. I saw Steve play live. I Even enjoyed watching Garcia play live ...
I am still an avid follower since 1980, but damn its been tough since Steve retired.

Sad Sad Sad...

Jerry Garcia??

Date: October 23, 2008 04:00

More Hot Rocks
The Bills will win the Super bowl this year.

Keep dreaming!

Date: October 23, 2008 04:01

No Expectations
Munichhilton
I feel the pain.

Sad Sad Sad...

Jerry Garcia??

I saw Jerry sing the National Anthem @ Candlestick before a Giant game.

He means JEFF Garcia...although I'm with you, I'd rather see JERRY!!!! smiling smiley

Date: October 23, 2008 04:10

T&A
J.J.Flash

you think so? i guess it's possible, but there's nothing in his resume that suggests he's ready to be head coach. there's not much chance this is his job to keep; seems like they are already sizing up holmgren for 2009....

The same Holmgren who is retiring from the Seahawks this year?...As GM maybe. But I think he's too smart to deal with the Yorks.

Date: October 23, 2008 05:41

Bingo
No Expectations
Munichhilton
I feel the pain.

Sad Sad Sad...

Jerry Garcia??

I saw Jerry sing the National Anthem @ Candlestick before a Giant game.

it was jerry, bob and vince, as i recall

Date: October 23, 2008 06:01

yeah, I left the other guys out...on purpose. LOL

Here ya go....

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 23, 2008 07:44

T&A
J.J.Flash

you'll eat those words and this page when he's back next year. By the way, where the hell is stonestod?

Date: October 23, 2008 07:57

J.J.Flash
T&A
J.J.Flash

you'll eat those words and this page when he's back next year. By the way, where the hell is stonestod?

Yeah we are all wondering what became of the late (not so great) Stones To...er T&A.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1564
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home