Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: OT: Ringo says no more autographs and all fan mail will be thrown away
Posted by: andy js ()
Date: October 14, 2008 12:14

"I'm warning you with peace and love I have too much to do"

what a @#$%& arse

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: October 14, 2008 13:20

Well, he got us talking about him.

Posted by: turd ()
Date: October 14, 2008 13:41

No doubt his secretary will be pleased (not). This one statement will obviously guarantee he gets more sacks of mail than he's ever seen in his life.
Presumably every letter will have to be sorted into, bills, important stuff, fan crap, other junk, personal, business etc etc.

The mans a fool, should have kept his trap shut - only a demented, loonatic with a brain like a cabbage would write to Ringo anyway.

SOMEONE POST HIS ADDRESS - FLOOD HIS MAILBOX WITH CRAP.......ONLY 6 DAYS LEFT.

He lives in Cranleigh, Surrey, England - has a sign outside saying, "Beware of the dog". He wasn't joking.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: October 14, 2008 14:09

He´s a busy man with a brilliant acting career to think about...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-14 14:10 by Svartmer.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 14, 2008 15:45

Wuudy
Gazza

Anyone else remember the infamous occasion about ten years ago in LA (I think) when Keith was leaving a building or restaurant to be greeted by a 'fan' who presented him with a guitar to autograph - and responded by grabbing the guitar, getting into a waiting car and then driving off with it?

I'd reckon he did it by mistake or was he pissed off or something? Sounds pretty funny if he'd did it with peace and love of course.

Nope. He was quite obviously astute enough to see the guy's real motive.

It's not on record whether or not he shouted "I can keep the money, pal" as he sped off...

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: October 14, 2008 15:48

in the morning, don't say you love me
'cause I'll only kick you out of the door
I know my name is Ringo!

isn't he unkind? winking smiley

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: October 14, 2008 15:56

Gazza

Anyone else remember the infamous occasion about ten years ago in LA (I think) when Keith was leaving a building or restaurant to be greeted by a 'fan' who presented him with a guitar to autograph - and responded by grabbing the guitar, getting into a waiting car and then driving off with it?[/quote]

Yeah, Gazza I remember reading about that in the paper not long after it happened.
When asked by the papers if he was gonna file charges the guy says "Hey, man it's
Keith!!" After that supposedly Keith found out who he was and sent him a different autographed guitar. Great stuff!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 14, 2008 16:06

Elmo Lewis
What a guy! I kinda doubt he gets bagfulls of mail like 1964.

I would guess that he doesn't receive too many fan letters like the ones he received in 1964 when he REALLY DID receive more fan mail than the other three Beatles combined. What he probably has now is a lot of morons sending Beatles crap for him to sign and send back to them in the enclosed self-addressed stamped envelope. Ringo is simply warning you with peace and love that if you send him your Yesterday And Today butcher cover, he's going to throw it in the garbage.

Good for him. It's supposed to be the MUSIC that matters, not whether or not there's a "rare" signed picture on the cover.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-14 16:17 by tatters.

Date: October 14, 2008 16:25

Gazza
Justin
Indeed autograph collecting has been spioled by Ebay sellers. When a celebrity signs an autograph these days...the people waiting for them are not anymore fans but just sellers. It gives a bad name to the true fans who want to share a moment with their favorite celebrity.

Anyone else remember the infamous occasion about ten years ago in LA (I think) when Keith was leaving a building or restaurant to be greeted by a 'fan' who presented him with a guitar to autograph - and responded by grabbing the guitar, getting into a waiting car and then driving off with it?

There's stories about how when someone would hand George Harrison a photo to sign, he's sometimes tear it up and hand it back to you, or, maybe he'd sign it, but then he would proceed to FORGE the signatures of the other three Beatles. If you think about it, either of those items (a photo of the Beatles personally torn up by George; an autographed Bealtes photo with George's real signautre, and three fake signatures, faked by George) is worth more than what the fans wanted; a Beatles photo signed by George, but just go and try to PROVE who tore it up, or who faked the three fake signatures! Pretty funny, and a funny lesson on what is and what is not a worthless piece of crap.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-14 16:29 by tatters.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 14, 2008 17:05

he busy doing what? confused smiley

Date: October 14, 2008 17:09

Koen
he busy doing what? confused smiley

Maybe he's busy listening to and approving Beatles remasters. Maybe he's busy sitting around in his pajamas, eating his cornflakes. He's 68 years old and has a limited amount time to spend on this earth. If he doesn't want to spend it reading and answering idiotic fan mail then I'd say he's got his priorities in order.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-14 17:11 by tatters.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 14, 2008 19:37

He's 68 years old and has a limited amount time to spend on this earth. If he doesn't want to spend it reading and answering idiotic fan mail then I'd say he's got his priorities in order.

Good point, tat.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 14, 2008 19:44

Can't understand some people here
I think Ringo's sentiment is very understandable - and one might say that it came 38 years too late. Who gives a toss about fanmail and autographs anyway? It's just a cliché of a collectors item - which has nothing to do with real life, nor making music/art - at all.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 14, 2008 21:33

cmon everybody lets give ringo a break ,his HAND is tired okay.my question that i submit,is ringo's hand tired from to many autographs?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 14, 2008 21:43

Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty-eight....NO!

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 14, 2008 21:47

A friend showed me an autograph he got from George Harrison in a hotel lobby in Canada. George was into Formula Racing and went to races. Anyways, he approached George with a guitar pickguard and George started to sign it and then all of the sudden others in the lobby recognized him and he said "Sorry, gotta go" . Looks like he was trying to write "Best Wishes, George Harrison", he only got the "Bes"
written before he put down the marker.

Ringo has a house in Canada. Anyone have that address?

Date: October 14, 2008 21:52

I met Ringo in a crowd 13 years ago, he took a marker and said "I'm only going to sign 10" and started to count as each one was signed. When he hit 10 he put down the marker and said "Thats all". I got 2 of the 10

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 15, 2008 01:03

tatters
Gazza
Justin
Indeed autograph collecting has been spioled by Ebay sellers. When a celebrity signs an autograph these days...the people waiting for them are not anymore fans but just sellers. It gives a bad name to the true fans who want to share a moment with their favorite celebrity.

There's stories about how when someone would hand George Harrison a photo to sign, he's sometimes tear it up and hand it back to you, or, maybe he'd sign it, but then he would proceed to FORGE the signatures of the other three Beatles. If you think about it, either of those items (a photo of the Beatles personally torn up by George; an autographed Bealtes photo with George's real signautre, and three fake signatures, faked by George) is worth more than what the fans wanted; a Beatles photo signed by George, but just go and try to PROVE who tore it up, or who faked the three fake signatures! Pretty funny, and a funny lesson on what is and what is not a worthless piece of crap.

Interesting analysis. Its also generally accepted that - unless you personally witnessed the signings take place - any item 'signed' by all four Beatles after 1963 is in all likelihood a fake. The volume of fan mail was so much that they employed staff who were specifically skilled at forging their signatures.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 15, 2008 01:49

With Ringo saying no more autographs, I can imagine he'll get hounded even more. Especially if paparazzi are around and they capture him getting mad. TMZ is probably looking forward to seeing him on the streets.
As far as getting fan letters, I'm surprised he even reads them. I would have thought he'd have people read them and reply.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: October 15, 2008 01:53

Not the best pubic relations move to make.

CBII

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: October 15, 2008 02:25

.... see, this is what happens when you quit the drugs and drinking.... Ringo and Elton John, 2 angry and bitter little Rock and Roll Rats.......

NO, NO, NO/I DON'T SMOKE IT NO MORE/I'M TIRED OF WAKING UP ON THE FLOOR/DON'T HELP ME PLEASE/YOU FANS ARE LIKE A BAD DISEASE/AND THEN YOU STAND THERE/AND BLOCK THE EXIT DOOR....

Yo, Ringo the Dingo, don't bite the hand that feeds you 100% pure breed dumb A-hole !!!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 15, 2008 02:40

Yeah if anything. Just shut up and just don't say anything. If you don't want to sign anything or get fan letters,just don't respond. Or put up some polite notice on a website or something. You would think Ringo would know better PR. Now everybody is picking up on this in the mainstream media and poking fun at old Dick Starkey.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: October 15, 2008 02:41

trainarollin
I met Ringo in a crowd 13 years ago, he took a marker and said "I'm only going to sign 10" and started to count as each one was signed. When he hit 10 he put down the marker and said "Thats all". I got 2 of the 10

And you're proud of that?

Date: October 15, 2008 03:20

Lukester
trainarollin

Yes, I am. I have a nice office at work and gameroom that rivals many of the Hard Rock Cafes. Some people collect signed sports items, etc. I collect signed rock memoribilia when I have the chance to obtain it in-person.

I feel Ringo made an ass out of himself making the video. It's better for him to just ignore all mail like MOST Celebs do. Anything important usually gets sent to their business offices for others to handle.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 15, 2008 03:38

well 10 autographs are fine, thats about equal to the amount in the audience at a ringo show anyway

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 15, 2008 05:00

trainarollin
Lukester
trainarollin

Yes, I am. I have a nice office at work and gameroom that rivals many of the Hard Rock Cafes. Some people collect signed sports items, etc. I collect signed rock memoribilia when I have the chance to obtain it in-person.

I feel Ringo made an ass out of himself making the video. It's better for him to just ignore all mail like MOST Celebs do. Anything important usually gets sent to their business offices for others to handle.

Let's see some pictures of your memorabilia!

Date: October 15, 2008 06:10

Name the band and I'll post if I have it

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 15, 2008 06:39

can u imagine one of the Stones making such a statement?

Posted by: riffhard72 ()
Date: October 15, 2008 09:14

Ringo's a joke anyway. Who would want his sig on anything??

This goes to show how up his own arse he really is - like we're all supposed to be gutted that he won't sign anything. What a tool.

Ringo, you should be happy that people still remember who you are. Personally, I wouldn't give you the time of day.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: October 15, 2008 09:17

riffhard72
Ringo's a joke anyway. Who would want his sig on anything??

This goes to show how up his own arse he really is - like we're all supposed to be gutted that he won't sign anything. What a tool.

Ringo, you should be happy that people still remember who you are. Personally, I wouldn't give you the time of day.

He wouldn't make a statement like this if he didn't get a lot of fanmail now would he?!
Maybe we don't want a autograph by him but that doesn't mean other people would.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1465
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home