Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: The Who - great seats released for opening night
Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 9, 2008 22:32

Just did a random check for The Who opening night in Detroit, 3rd Row floor was put into the system at $350.00 a seat.

Re: OT: The Who - great seats released for opening night
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 9, 2008 23:10

who's affording that these days?

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: October 10, 2008 00:35

Go for it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-10 00:35 by No Expectations.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 10, 2008 00:39

I'm done with overpriced tickets.
Anything over $80 I won't pay, no matter Who it is!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 10, 2008 06:21

trainarollin
Just did a random check for The Who opening night in Detroit, 3rd Row floor was put into the system at $350.00 a seat.

Paid $225 for third row Who tickets in 2002, but, as someone or other famously once said, "Those days are gone forever .... over a long time ago".

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 10, 2008 09:32

Hey, just giving a heads up for those in the Detroit area who might be interested...

Strange that after John Entwistle's death ticket prices went up it would be like ZZ TOP raising prices if they were down to two members...I think?

Date: October 10, 2008 15:55

Maybe next tour it'll be "The Who Featuring Roger Daltrey" and tickets will be $750.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 10, 2008 15:58

trainarollin

Not bad trainrollin, the glam Beast n' I scooped 4 adjacent in row 9 of the front block Pete's side for the 31/10 Borgata show, as recently as last week of September. We reckon these were seats that they'd been trying to offload for ages and ages as part of a $625 VIP package. What a load of bollocks, really !! Surprise surprise, week after week there were no takers at those absurd prices, so finally they came to their senses and released them at standard prices - which are still bad enough ($325), but a bloody sight better than $625 !! So ... are you going to the Detroit show ?

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: October 10, 2008 16:19

I can't imagine any gig I'd pay that for?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 10, 2008 16:58

Be interested to see what The Stones charge next time round. They gotta be outta their minds if they think they can get away with more than the £165 charged for the 02 Arena shows.

Date: October 10, 2008 18:01

last year floor tickets were sold for 10 euro's a piece by unofficial ticketbrokers on the internet in the netherlands, that was a great deal

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 10, 2008 18:31

Silver Dagger
Be interested to see what The Stones charge next time round. They gotta be outta their minds if they think they can get away with more than the £165 charged for the 02 Arena shows.

Well it'll have to be enough to cover the wages of the new lead guitarist they're gonna have to hire, cos' the current one's appeared to have gone AWOL !!

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: October 10, 2008 21:32

I love the Who. I have always thought they were the FAR superior live band to the Stones, or anyone else for that matter.

But I just finally watched their performance on VH1 Rock Honors. I saw the Foo Fighters, Flaming Lips and Pearl Jam do great covers of Who songs. The saw teh actual Who come out, and while Pete was totally into it, and Roger tried to be into it, his voice just is not there. The strength is gone. Though I love the music, I am passing on this tour, and remembering them as they were.

I am also not sure Pino Palladino or anyone else can replace Entwistle.

Zak Starkey does a great job on drums...maybe what Keith may have sounded like if he did a gig sober.

I am actually down that they are coming close by but I cannot bring myself to go...at any price.

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: October 11, 2008 03:29

Buffalo, I feel the same way.

I've seen the Who four times......1975, with Keith Moon (amazing show, one of the top five I've ever seen)......1979, in Boston, just days after the Cincinnati tragedy (a little ragged, not as much a fan of Kenney on the drums, but still a great show).....1989 (surprisingly good, since I had lowered my expectations a good bit, Simon Philips masterful on drums)....and 1997 (the Quadrophenia reunion show, last time with Entwistle, and my last Who show).

LOVE the band, but, for me, the magic is gone. Roger, God bless him, just doesn't have it anymore. Zak does a fine job on drums, but, with just two members now, it doesn't seem like the Who anymore.

Would I see 'em again? Sure, if a friend rang me up and had an extra ticket, or if I won seats in a contest or something. Paying hundreds of dollars to see THIS version of the Who? Nope.

Date: October 11, 2008 16:48

buffalo7478
I am actually down that they are coming close by but I cannot bring myself to go...at any price.

I feel much the same way. I saw them in 2002, but I bought the tickets when Entwistle was still alive. I enjoyed the show but didn't feel the experience necessarily was worth repeating. I had a couple chances to go in 2006, but passed the first time because Endless Wire hadn't been released yet and I didn't want to hear all those new songs for the first time played live, and then I passed the second time because I HAD heard Endless Wire and I STILL didn't want to hear those songs played live!

This time around, I simply cannot find any reason to get exited enough to buy tickets. I may still end up going. I'd hate to think this might be the last time and I wasn't there to say goodbye, but I think it'll just make me sad.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1901
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home