Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: AC/DC 'Black Ice' leaked at last
Posted by: kennydice58 ()
Date: October 9, 2008 18:24

just downloaded it awesome back to their good ole self was worth waiting 8 years for gonna get it when iot's oot sounds great springsteens man done an excellent knew what what the band wanted and delivered again cheers kennydice glasgow awaits 2009

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: October 9, 2008 18:29

i wouldn't hold your breath for Glasgow Kenny. i'm told it may not be included on the UK leg

shame if true

Posted by: kennydice58 ()
Date: October 9, 2008 18:44

AC/DC will play in glasgow believe yuo me they will

Date: October 9, 2008 19:05

well i'm only telling you what i've heard

and it wouldn't be the first time they missed Glasgow if its true

Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: October 9, 2008 21:24

AC/DC album leaks; is label sending out fakes?
AC/DC's new album, Black Ice, has leaked online nearly two weeks ahead of its October 21st release date. The record's arrival on the Internet was confirmed on Monday (October 6th), with reviews popping up at websites such as Idolator. Meanwhile, Undercover News reported on Wednesday (October 8th) that the band's label, Sony Music, might be flooding file-sharing and BitTorrent sites with false tracks to throw eager fans off the trail.

Black Ice, the Australian group's first album in eight years, has been controversial since its announcement. In America the disc will only be sold at Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, and acdc.com, which has angered independent record stores and other chain retailers.

The band has also refused to allow its music to be sold through iTunes, claiming it objects to the sale of individual tracks instead of whole albums.

A world tour in support of Black Ice begins with a private "dress rehearsal" show on October 28th in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. Tickets for the trek are among the hottest of the year, with gigs selling out in record time and second nights being added in several major cities.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 9, 2008 21:29

andy js
well i'm only telling you what i've heard

and it wouldn't be the first time they missed Glasgow if its true

But isn't Brian Johnson Scottish?

Date: October 9, 2008 21:39

No. He's from Newcastle (England)

the Youngs however are from Scotland

but as i said. all i'm saying is what i heard. Birmingham, Manchester and the 02

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: October 9, 2008 22:00

andy js

but as i said. all i'm saying is what i heard. Birmingham, Manchester and the 02

Andy, whats your source? I will be devastated if they dont do Glasgow. I remember missing out on the Blow up your video tour. My brother and I were adamant it was just a matter of time before Scotland was added ( I saw em at the Edinburgh Playhouse in Jan 86 - Fly tour). By the time we realized it wasnt happening the other dates were sold out. I never really forgave em for not playing Scotland that time. They have included it every time since.

I'm still sure they will do the SECC, and I'll bet its last night of the UK tour. I'll also wager its a Saturday night.

Here's hoping!

whatever happens I will snap up ANY ticket for ANY UK show the minute they are on sale. I also joined the fan club. Apparently this will help get tix. I haven't joined a band fanclub since I was a nipper. I'm waiting for my newsletter and badge to come through the post!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-09 22:04 by letitloose.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 9, 2008 22:12

Listened to the album last night. First impression is it's typical AC/DC sound, which is good. Anything Goes really surprised me. I think it's an awesome song, as mentioned earlier similar beat, groove to Money Talks as well as Put The Finger on You. Should get alot of radio airplay.

Date: October 9, 2008 22:53

letitloose
andy js

Andy, whats your source? I will be devastated if they dont do Glasgow. I remember missing out on the Blow up your video tour. My brother and I were adamant it was just a matter of time before Scotland was added ( I saw em at the Edinburgh Playhouse in Jan 86 - Fly tour). By the time we realized it wasnt happening the other dates were sold out. I never really forgave em for not playing Scotland that time. They have included it every time since.

I'm still sure they will do the SECC, and I'll bet its last night of the UK tour. I'll also wager its a Saturday night.

Here's hoping!

whatever happens I will snap up ANY ticket for ANY UK show the minute they are on sale. I also joined the fan club. Apparently this will help get tix. I haven't joined a band fanclub since I was a nipper. I'm waiting for my newsletter and badge to come through the post!!

i can't reveal my source mate - come on!

it does seem odd that they'd leave Glasgow off the schedule. so maybe she was wrong

i was told tickets go on sale next week. i'm sure it'll all be revealed on acdc.com very soon

i still haven't forgiven em for not touring the UK for Flick Of The Switch! not counting Donington '84 of course

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: October 9, 2008 23:09

Yeah, they sometimes seem quite fickle about even their most sacred markets. I live about 2 miles from where Angus and Malcolm spent their early years. I remember Angus being interviewed by Tom Russell on Radio Clyde back in the day and he spoke about his memories of being shopping with his mum, walking down Sauchiehall Street in Glasgow city centre - a rare moment of no-bullshit honesty from the man.

Anyway, my point is that they have on occasion neglected Scotland. I'm sure they missed Australia for donkeys which must have been torture for their fans there who feel they are their band.

Date: October 9, 2008 23:23

I hear you mate. I've been up to Glasgow to see em the last two tours and its always @#$%& great

They could of course be missing it so they can come back and do T In The Park or something

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 10, 2008 01:01

andy js
To my friends from the UK
...Speaking of which, back in 1983 I was in Newcastle for a few days. While spending my time visiting pubs and looking for Brian Johnson (haha), I noticed that I could not understand 98% of what peaple were saying, BUT they had no problem understanding me! What's up with that?

Date: October 10, 2008 02:08

I saw an interview with Noel Gallagher before where they had to put English subtitles underneath because his accent (cockney?) is so thick it was hard to understand what he was saying!!

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: October 10, 2008 03:06

Just downloaded IT.
Fking great !!!
yeahhh!!

Date: October 10, 2008 12:56

DGA35
I saw an interview with Noel Gallagher before where they had to put English subtitles underneath because his accent (cockney?) is so thick it was hard to understand what he was saying!!

I love how non Uk'ers can't pinpoint accents. it may explain why any Amercian that tries to do one always sounds like something from another planet to much hilarity from over here grinning smiley

Noel is from Manchester

the yanks also seem to have a problem with Ozzy's. he's from Birmingham

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: October 10, 2008 13:34

DGA35

lol!
he's a Manc.
Burnage, to be exact.

Date: October 10, 2008 15:52

indeed he is. a right manc-ker

Date: October 10, 2008 21:07

Thanks for clarifying! Not to sound stupid but then do alot of people in Manchester talk similar to the Gallaghers? Where do people with "cockney" accents live?

Sorry to get OT on this OT thread!!

Date: October 10, 2008 21:16

yes, all Mancs talk like that. we call them Northern monkeys

Cockneys are traditionally from the east end of London. eg : Chas & Dave!

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: October 10, 2008 23:11

andy js
They could of course be missing it so they can come back and do T In The Park

Please God. Seriously...I think I'd explode with excitement. Only The Stones coming along to my annual jaunt to T would excite me more!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 10, 2008 23:51

DGA35
Where do people with "cockney" accents live?

Sorry to get OT on this OT thread!!

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 11, 2008 03:56

I just heard a DJ on a local radio station say that some independent record stores are buying copies of Black Ice overseas and selling them in the states. Has anybody else heard this?

Date: October 11, 2008 07:14

ac dc will of course play glasgow..thats like holy ground for ac dc...

they are scottish and their fanbase there is huge..they will not skip scotland. thats out of the question

Date: October 11, 2008 12:32

we'll see soon enough!

here's hoping they don't skip it

Date: October 11, 2008 15:49

Black Ice is now a 7/10

Posted by: wesley ()
Date: October 11, 2008 15:52

IF this band comes to Finland, I surely will be attend the gig

Posted by: Hansel ()
Date: October 13, 2008 13:58

Well I'm proud to say that I just heard ten tracks from Black Ice on Triple M Melbourne,Australia.I take it the tracks played were the "prime cuts",as the album blew my socks off.All songs kicked ass and had "balls",something other bands don't have these days.Also it's very radio friendly so expect at least four singles from this album.If this doesn't sell or get some sorta accolade as a classic in the future I'll have to say there is something seriously wrong with the music business and the general public.

Long live Rock'n'Roll.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: October 13, 2008 17:01

Although, AC/DC died with Bon Scott regarding the vocals, this cd rocks big time.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: October 14, 2008 19:43

From a 30+ year fan after a few listens...good, but not as good as Stiff
Upper Lip or Ballbreaker.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1466
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home