Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Peter Green
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 4, 2008 21:45

Some interesting features on Peter Green in this months Mojo and Record Collector magazines.
Done to coincide with a CD retrospective, of course.
An interview with the man himself. Semms to be reasonably settled, clearly would rather spend his time fishing than doing guitar licks.
A great talent. He was once in a top 4 Guitarists poll of all time (Hendrix first, Clapton there, also Townsend and Santana...can't quite remember the order).

The early Fleetwod Mac were a great blues band, sadly 3 of them became casualties. I remember meeting up with Peter's biographer, Martin Celmins - he writes quite a lot in Blues maagazines and has toured as a support to some of the latter day Mac tours.
We went to the same school in Bradford, Yorkshire. He laid off focussing too much on Peter's illness, in fact never mentioned the word schizophrenia.
A bit like writing a book on Keith or Ronnie and not mentioning the word "alcoholic".
Still a good read, if very sad.

Re: Peter Green
Posted by: Whale ()
Date: October 4, 2008 22:33

Should change the subject line to OT: Peter Green.
That being said Peter Green has recorded some of the greatest music ever to be recorded. Over here in the 'Hot Stuff' section we once had somebody posting a track "I've got a mind to give up living". I still play that all of the time.
There are two CDs of live stuff from 1970 around. Great great stuff.
Also that terrific album 'Then Play On'.
I just read on the net that Green returned to Fleetwood Mac in 1971 for a while. Any recordings ever surfaced?
How's the Peter Green Splinter group? Any good?

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: October 4, 2008 22:46

>>I just read on the net that Green returned to Fleetwood Mac in 1971 for a while. Any recordings ever surfaced?

I've listened to one show recently, when Peter stood in for Jeremy Spencer, who had left the group; I cannot recommend it, don't waste your time on it!

Go for the real stuff from '68 & '69, I think there are still some good shows up on Wolfgang's Vault!!

You might also look for the three officially releases "Live In Boston"!

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: October 5, 2008 03:19

To me, this is a synonym for Peter Green.

other options are follows.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1162
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home