Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Hottest concert ticket in the last 10 years?
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 22, 2008 15:34

Valeswood
Stones - Shepherds Bush 1999
Concert for George (Harrison) - Royal Albert Hall 1992

They did a concert for George in 1992? What was the occation? Tribute?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: September 22, 2008 15:35

Raconteurs at the 9:30 Club in Washington DC was a pretty hard to get ticket. Only about 1100. Any of the theatre showss during Licks 02. Luckily, I got to see three of them! Orpheum, Tower and Wiltern.

JR

Posted by: Mr.Ed ()
Date: September 22, 2008 15:48

stone-relics
Raconteurs at the 9:30 Club in Washington DC was a pretty hard to get ticket. Only about 1100. Any of the theatre showss during Licks 02. Luckily, I got to see three of them! Orpheum, Tower and Wiltern.

JR

I saw 2 of the theater shows in Europe, Cirkus Stockholm and Vredenburg Utrecht.
The last one was by phone when these tickest were on sale. My Cirkus ticket was with my RS.com code.

Mr.Ed

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 22, 2008 19:47

aslecs
Stones any time they play their home - M Square Garden - NYC

Nonsense. MSG was a piece of piss to get tickets for in 2006 - and 2003 as well. Dublin 2003 was FAR harder for a myriad of reasons (one of them being ticketmaster's idiocy in allowing buyers to purchase 8 tickets instead of the usual 4, for a concert attended by 8,000 people - and then putting the second show onsale without any advance notice at all. The ticket touts thought Christmas had come early)

Shepherds Bush was probably the hardest Stones ticket to get in the last decade of any tour show. No internet sales, tickets went on sale by word of mouth and most fans were 250 miles north at their Sheffield gig the night before. It may also have had the smallest number of tickets available to the general public too (about 1,000) - although the warm up club shows at Palais Royale and the Phoenix in 2002 and 2005 were probably in even scarcer supply.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-22 19:48 by Gazza.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 22, 2008 19:52

Not one of my faves especially lately but the Eagles last "farewell" tour?

Posted by: hutz13 ()
Date: September 22, 2008 20:37

I think the early reviews of Black Ice and leaked tunes "War Machine" and "R N R Train" have encouraged fans that this will be anything but a reunion tour ala The Police and Genesis and even Van Halen. The band seems re-energized which bodes well for the upcoming tour.

I think Zep touring if that ever happens will be the biggest demand in the last 10 years.

The weird thing is that pop acts like Hannah Montana and The Jonas Brothers are putting up huge numbers (I pity the parents)

Ultimate Rock Music Poll
[www.squidoo.com]

Posted by: Strider ()
Date: September 22, 2008 22:28

What do you consider the "hottest demand" for a tour ticket?

Instant sellout?
High aftermarket resale value?
Limited tour dates?
Small venues?
High face value?

Not that these are favorite acts on my list but here are some to consider;

Miley Cyrus / Hannah Montana
Garth Brooks
Barbara Streisand
Dave Matthews Band(1990's)
Madonna (1990's)
U2 (1990's)
Pearl Jam (1990's)

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 22, 2008 22:38

The Stones at Shepherd's Bush Empire. Man that was hard work queuing up from 4am. And watched the show from the equivalent of the 5th row right in front of Keith.

Posted by: ERC6761 ()
Date: September 23, 2008 03:37

ERC6761
AussieGlimmer
stones, enmore theatre, sydney 2003 licks

right on, I was there. $60 for a ticket if i recall correctly. Got through on the telephone and got two of the last tickets remaining.

Show opened with Midnight Rambler and featured a guest spot from Angus n Malcolm from ACDC and I sat only a few seats away from Marianne Faithful.

Too cool................

The other thing I forgot to mention was the size of the crowd outside the theatre, it was a steaming hot summers night and they opened up the front doors.........thousands outside just listening and getting into it, police had to close the road it was that busy.

There was so much buzz around the gig, the papers and media were full of it. As a result the subsequent arena shows were as dull as dishwater.

Based on the other comments here, clearly does appear that this was one special, hot, gig.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: September 23, 2008 14:17

JumpingKentFlash
Valeswood
Stones - Shepherds Bush 1999
Concert for George (Harrison) - Royal Albert Hall 1992

They did a concert for George in 1992? What was the occation? Tribute?

Whoops - bit of a typo there! It was 2002

Posted by: stein ()
Date: September 23, 2008 15:08

Led Zeppelin last year and all the Stones suprice gigs in Toronto and the Shepperds Bush Empire 99.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: September 23, 2008 15:20

Stones at Shepherds Bush 1999 - I was offered £2000 cash when waiting to go in the venue

Stones at Orpheum 2002 - paid $50, but think I saw them on ebay for $4000.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2622
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home