Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 11 of 12
Re: OT: AC/DC Ticket Sales * NEW DATES ADDED *
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 14, 2008 09:36

Bono
They will also play Germany Open Air in Summer!!

They are rumoured to play the Wacken Open Air festival, which takes place July 30 - August 1.

Posted by: Hasse78 ()
Date: October 14, 2008 10:52

erikjjf

They are rumoured to play the Wacken Open Air festival, which takes place July 30 - August 1.

oooh... When was the last time they played a festival? It was ages ago. I doubth they would consider Wacken.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 14, 2008 11:02

A run on tickets is expected tomorrow for ACDC tickets for the Antwerp gig. You can still order VIP tickets at www.sportpaleis.com. A bargain compared to the stones ticket prices

Date: October 14, 2008 13:31

The fan tickets sale is after the public sale....How come?

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: October 14, 2008 15:41

the OFFICIAL UK dates (as predicted by my goodself)

Apr 14th London 02
Apr 21st Manchester MEN
Apr 23rd Birmingham LG Arena (NEC)

more nights will be added. especially in London

tickets on sale Friday

Re: OT: AC/DC Ticket Sales * UK DATES ADDED *
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: October 14, 2008 15:49

nasty venues, there, mate.

...let the touting commence.

Date: October 14, 2008 16:34

i quite like all of em mate. where else could they play of that size ?

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: October 14, 2008 16:44

true enough- April's too early for outdoors.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: October 14, 2008 17:54

Just got my ticket for Milan>grinning smiley<
The show sold out very quickly so I had to enter the fan club to get the acess code but everything worked fine!!!smileys with beer

Posted by: olorin ()
Date: October 14, 2008 18:01

Does anybody know when the sales for Madrid opens ?????

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 14, 2008 21:35

The O2 in Dublin, April 18th.
[www.ticketmaster.co.uk]

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 14, 2008 23:55

Just checked Ticketmaster website to see what tickets were available for the second Toronto show and it looks like that's sold out, too! One thing they could have done is push the stage back farther to utilize more of the stadium instead of the current "concert bowl" configuration where they're only using about 30,000 seats versus probably 55000 in a full stadium setting similar to the Stones previous shows there.

Posted by: Hasse78 ()
Date: October 15, 2008 00:10

DGA35
Just checked Ticketmaster website to see what tickets were available for the second Toronto show and it looks like that's sold out, too! One thing they could have done is push the stage back farther to utilize more of the stadium instead of the current "concert bowl" configuration where they're only using about 30,000 seats versus probably 55000 in a full stadium setting similar to the Stones previous shows there.

They probably dont have the stage this part of the tour to fit a stadium size venue. It could look a bit out of place if the arrangements around the concert is too big. This part of the tour is indoor hockey/basket kind of arenas. smiling smiley

Date: October 15, 2008 01:25

Hi Hasse78. Rogers Center (formerly Skydome) is a football/baseball stadium. In looking at the stage setup on the ticketmaster website, the stage is basically at midfield so regardless of where they place it, it's still on a football size field.
In 88 they played BC Place in Vancouver which is also a football stadium and they basically had their arena stage on the field. I think they just had black drapes on either side to make it look bigger. Again, they had the stage at midfield so the capacity was around 30,000.
I am actually surprised they've booked Rogers Center because it is the only stadium so far on this tour. Perhaps the Air Canada Center was booked solid due to the Maple Leafs and Raptors home games?

Date: October 15, 2008 02:55

from what i'm told. they could've easily sold out the FULL stadium at least twice over

which begs the question, why they don't do just that ?

Date: October 15, 2008 04:00

What amazes me is how well alot of concerts draw in Toronto. Air Canada Center holds over 19000 for hockey. Bon Jovi did 5 shows there on his last tour which is a venue record and the current New Kids On The Block reunion tour did 3 shows there. Now AC/DC doing 2 at Rogers Center and of course Stones shows always do well. It seems alot of major tours that play a single show in other major North American markets end up doing two or more shows in Toronto.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 15, 2008 04:04

In fairness, doing a show stealing performance in front of 450,000 fans in that city at SARSTOCK five years ago cant have done them any harm when it comes to being able to shift tickets for their own show(s) this time around.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-15 04:04 by Gazza.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 15, 2008 05:00

Hey Gazza...you like AC/DC? YOu going to any shows?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 15, 2008 05:43

Gazza
In fairness, doing a show stealing performance in front of 450,000 fans in that city at SARSTOCK five years ago cant have done them any harm when it comes to being able to shift tickets for their own show(s) this time around.

Yeah but Gazza they are moving tickets in both NA and Europe. Which,given the current state of music is astonshing. Even though they haven't toured in many years,I'm still somewhat surprised at the response they are getting.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 15, 2008 06:00

For a long time, the Rolling Stones have had 3 generations of fans. I am now starting to see it with AC/DC.

Date: October 15, 2008 12:13

Second new gig in Antwerp also sold out. Reminds me of the rolling stones back in 1995?
No, 1998. I remember standing outside the postoffice in Maastricht at 6 'o clock in the morning

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-15 12:19 by Harm.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: October 15, 2008 15:17

andy js
the OFFICIAL UK dates (as predicted by my goodself)

Apr 14th London 02
Apr 21st Manchester MEN
Apr 23rd Birmingham LG Arena (NEC)

more nights will be added. especially in London

tickets on sale Friday

Would like to think they'd include Scotland, y'ken the place the Young Bros.originate from...

Date: October 15, 2008 17:55

sadly for the jocks it looks like they aren't

they are doing DUBLIN 02 April 18th though

Date: October 15, 2008 18:04

So, fanclub tickets for Antwerp go on sale tomorrow after both concerts are sold out? (BTW in 1 h and 50')

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: October 15, 2008 18:34

Hasse78
erikjjf

oooh... When was the last time they played a festival? It was ages ago. I doubth they would consider Wacken.

Probably Donington 1991 - Monsters Of Rock
Line-up if like in France must have been : AC/DC, Metallica, Queensryche, Black Crowes; I still have my poster : [www.doctorstones.net]

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: October 15, 2008 18:48

Harm
So, fanclub tickets for Antwerp go on sale tomorrow after both concerts are sold out? (BTW in 1 h and 50')

correct. BUt the fan club ticket allocation is kept seperate from the public one. so that can't be sold out obviously

Date: October 16, 2008 01:58

sweetcharmedlife
Gazza

Yeah but Gazza they are moving tickets in both NA and Europe. Which,given the current state of music is astonshing. Even though they haven't toured in many years,I'm still somewhat surprised at the response they are getting.

I believe their tickets arent too expensive. That, plus the long absence from touring is a good way of overcoming problems with a dead market.

Date: October 16, 2008 02:00

andy js
sadly for the jocks it looks like they aren't

they are doing DUBLIN 02 April 18th though

This ACDC site (I dont know if its a fansite or an official one) seemed to suggest an announcement of a Glasgow show was pretty much a certainty

[www.ac-dc.net]

Justin
Hey Gazza...you like AC/DC? YOu going to any shows?

Wouldnt say I'm a fan, more like "AC/DC curious". smiling smiley (geddit?)

Trying to cut back on overnight treks to shows from now on, but I'd like to see them. Dylan being likely to play the UK around March/April though may make it unlikely.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-16 02:03 by Gazza.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 16, 2008 04:45

Gazza
sweetcharmedlife
Gazza

I believe their tickets arent too expensive. That, plus the long absence from touring is a good way of overcoming problems with a dead market.

Well the ticket prices are about average for what big acts are charging these days. In the US it's about $100 with ticketbastard charges thrown in. But yeah the absence helps and some pretty die hard fans.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: October 16, 2008 08:46

is there any word on china?
do you think they would go to hongkong?
the rolling stones did

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 11 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1219
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home