Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 12
OT: AC/DC Ticket Sales * UK DATES ADDED *
Posted by: andy js ()
Date: September 20, 2008 13:50

OT: sold out instantly yesterday. 33k Toronto tix went in 30 mins apparenlty

good luck to those trying today

i'll be after MSG ones myself

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-14 15:41 by andy js.

Re: AC/DC Ticket Sales
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 20, 2008 15:01

And at only 90 $.(at least in Boston)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-20 16:27 by Harm.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 20, 2008 20:27

Got Mine! (L.A.)

Posted by: aslecs ()
Date: September 20, 2008 21:10

Got mine - MSG x 2 shows

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 20, 2008 21:12

BluzDude
Got Mine! (L.A.)

Good for you Bluz. I see they added a show in LA. Still tickets left too. How is The Forum for a show Bluz?...I see they saved the best show for last to go on sale. Oakland tomorrow.smiling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: September 20, 2008 21:15

sweetcharmedlife
BluzDude
Got Mine! (L.A.)

Good for you Bluz. I see they added a show in LA. Still tickets left too. How is The Forum for a show Bluz?...I see they saved the best show for last to go on sale. Oakland tomorrow.smiling smiley

I don't know if you came down to see Bruce at the sports arena, but it's similar, there are currently great single tickets available for the second show

Date: September 20, 2008 21:20

BluzDude
sweetcharmedlife
BluzDude
Got Mine! (L.A.)

I don't know if you came down to see Bruce at the sports arena, but it's similar, there are currently great single tickets available for the second show

No,I just went to the Anaheim shows. Never been to the Sports arena. Another lovable old dump. I'll try for Oakland. I already have enough LA trips planned for the rest of the year.

Date: September 20, 2008 21:24

As far as quality of sound in LA for indoor arenas
I would rank as follows:

1. Sports Arena
2. Forum
3, Anaheim Pond/Arrowhead or whatever it's called now
4. Staples

Date: September 20, 2008 21:27

Just to let you know...I paid the $40 for fan club membership and it got me 2 floor tickets right by the end of the runnway.

Date: September 20, 2008 21:32

BluzDude
As far as quality of sound in LA for indoor arenas
I would rank as follows:

1. Sports Arena
2. Forum
3, Anaheim Pond/Arrowhead or whatever it's called now
4. Staples

No wonder why nobody wants to play the Staples center.LOL. I got a Springsteen boot from there that actually sounds pretty good. But who knows. The sound at the H(P)onda center wasn't bad. I'll take a stab at getting a pair for Oakland tomorrow. If I don't succeed,I'll wait for a ticket drop or a second leg. Between the Breeders Cup and The Who at The Nokia and a quick trip down there next weekend,I'll be seeing more than enough of SoCal.

Date: September 20, 2008 21:37

sweetcharmedlife
,I'll be seeing more than enough of SoCal.

I know what you are talking about. My wife and I discuss on a weekly basis where in central or northern California we want to retire. And that's about 10 years away.

Date: September 20, 2008 22:59

got me tix (floor) for both MSG shows

just gotta get my plane tix now smileys with beer

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: September 21, 2008 01:17

the forum is fantastic

and they must have saved a ton for members--these tix are amazing--odd that every seat in the house is $90

Date: September 21, 2008 06:50

i'm going to three ac dc shows..thrilled having never seen them:
wilkes barre, dc and columbus

unbelievable how well they did in distributing these..of course some got screwed as always happens when there is so much demand but overall great.. they set aside pretty much the entire floor for fanclub and even some of the better lower levels and then limited each membership to two tickets which are paperless and supposedly non transferable..every system has flaws and scalpers are going to get around this in some cases but overall i really think they got the best seats in the hands of the hard core fans .. i got floors for all three shows....and they were 90$ plus charges which is pretty darn good..

if you were a diehard like me and you put in the time researching how to get the tickets, join the fanclub (refundable membership if you weren't happy with seats) and were ready to go with your passcode you almost surely got some nice floor seats....

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 21, 2008 10:50

Saw on the local news Friday night that GM Place show in Vancouver sold out in 4 minutes!!

Date: September 21, 2008 20:58

Well I picked up a decent pair of lowers on the side of the stage in Oakland. Just checked,uppers still available and another show added for Thu. 12/4. Although not on sale yet.

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: September 22, 2008 01:30

I checked every show on ticketmaster and there's only tickets left for :

Indianapolis
Detroit
East Rutherford
Oakland 2
LA 2
Phoenix
San Antonio
Houston ---- coming on october 4th
Atlanta
Charlotte

they've made many sold outs!!

Date: September 22, 2008 13:08

they're gonna do US stadiums next year too apparently

that'll be a first

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: September 22, 2008 19:23

andy js
they're gonna do US stadiums next year too apparently

that'll be a first

Do you think they can handle a stadium tour in the US all by themselves or will there be another band on the bill? Maybe another bunch of old rockers?

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: September 22, 2008 19:58

Do they have seats on the inner field or GA ? I mean, seats for a Stones show is ridiculous, but seats for an AC DC show ? I just can't imagine that would happen, but then ....it's the US, right? So nothing is impossible but that would be so weird!

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: September 22, 2008 20:18

rrronnie
Do they have seats on the inner field or GA ? I mean, seats for a Stones show is ridiculous, but seats for an AC DC show ? I just can't imagine that would happen, but then ....it's the US, right? So nothing is impossible but that would be so weird!
Hey rrronnie what's up it's frank long time? anyway they are talking about arena's not stadium's so there is no infield. If there was yeah there would be seat's i think that is standard now in the states because of insurance purposes. i could be wrong but i'm pretty sure it's almost a neccesity now.

Posted by: hutz13 ()
Date: September 22, 2008 20:29

They added a couple of additional shows for Chicago and L.A. because of demand but many shows sold out but I don't think their schedule will allow additional shows everywhere they sold out fast.

Ticketmaster probably tracks requests and attempts for tickets and can tell if a second show will sell out as well and tells the promoter to see if the schedule is flexible enough to add shows at that venue.

Ultimate Rock Music Poll
[www.squidoo.com]

Posted by: sir sweden ()
Date: September 22, 2008 20:48

Well rrrronnie, I can´t tell you how it is now, but I went to US on the Ballbreaker tour 1996 and then the Ac/Dc concerts I went to in New York City, New Jersey and Dallas all had seats in "standing" pit. But I don´t know aboute this tour.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 22, 2008 21:20

sir sweden
seats in "standing" pit. But I don´t know aboute this tour.

This tour has floor seats as well.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: September 22, 2008 22:18

I was never a fan, until I saw them at Sars-Stock and they blew every other band, including the Stones, Rush and the Guess Who off the stage.

They're fun, tight and have a great rapport with the audience. And they seem to price tickets so they fill the arena with fans, not bankers looking to attend an 'event'. (Yes that was a shot at the Stones).

Enjoy!

Posted by: hutz13 ()
Date: September 22, 2008 22:31

You are so right about the SARS show in Toronto, I think they gained a whole bunch of fans that night as they were the best band by a mile at that show.

Ultimate Rock Music Poll
[www.squidoo.com]

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: September 22, 2008 23:28

buffalo7478
I was never a fan, until I saw them at Sars-Stock and they blew every other band, including the Stones, Rush and the Guess Who off the stage.

They're fun, tight and have a great rapport with the audience. And they seem to price tickets so they fill the arena with fans, not bankers looking to attend an 'event'. (Yes that was a shot at the Stones).

Enjoy!
I was very curious seeing them and very happy to get both acts: for example in Hockenheim 2003. AC/DC did 90 minute big hits + bells + stripping the school uniform thing. Quite impressive but boring after a while: My best friend turned to me and said it in one sentence: That was 2 decent songs, wasn't it? Afterwards we enjoyed 20 decent songs by the Stones - including an incredible cameo appearance of AC/DC doing Rock Me Baby.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 22, 2008 23:29

I see now on Ticketmaster as well as Pollstar that there is no concert scheduled for Seattle the day after Vancouver. Not sure why it's been deleted. I was wondering originally why they would play three shows in three nights, Vancouver, Seattle then Tacoma. Looking at the updated concert schedule, it looks like they're doing shows pretty much every other night.
I'm thinking now that they'll swing back to the Pacific Northwest again next year before or after they swing through Western Canada (Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg) and hit Vancouver again as well as Seattle and Portland then other major California cities like San Jose, Sacramento, San Diego, etc.
Erikjjf, what arena is that?

Posted by: roby ()
Date: September 23, 2008 00:00

[www.ticketnews.com]

AC/DC tickets double up the competition in the top events
Mon, Sep 22nd 2008 12:26 pm EST
By Tim Fraser
As rockers AC/DC prepare to hit the road this October for the first time since 2001, their fans have shown their support by making the tour the top selling event for the week ending September 21. Most of the tickets for the North American leg of their "Black Ice World Tour" went on sale this past week, helping move AC/DC up seven spots from last weeks number eight position. The band also announced this week that it would use paperless ticket technology for members for their Fan Club who purchase select seats on the tour.

AC/DC finished with a power score of 8.90, more than double that of runner-up Wicked which finished at 4.26. This week marked the 17th consecutive week that the musical ranked in the top three for top events. Last week's number one, Metallica, dropped from the top spot down to number three with a power score of 2.94. Playing in the final game at Yankee Stadium last night, September 21, helped bolster the New York Yankees to the number four spot in the top event rankings with a power score of 2.47. Four of the final six in the rankings came from the National Football League with the Dallas Cowboys finishing the highest, at number five, with a power score of 2.34.

As much as AC/DC was able to dominate the top events, they did even better in the top concerts for the week. They finished with a power score of 24.04, more than sixteen points ahead of second place Metallica (7.95 power score). It was the first time the top concert draw finished more than ten points higher than the runner-up since Madonna did so in the last week of May. The remainder of the top ten stayed the same with the only newcomer of the week being Neil Young, who will soon be headed on tour with Wilco and Death Cab for Cutie.

Football dominated the top sports events for the week with only the Yankees finishing in the top ten. Numbers two through ten were all football, with the Cowboys, New York Giants, Green Bay Packers and Philadelphia Eagles making the top five. The Yankees finished at the top, a spot they will soon lose as their season will end. But with baseball playoffs soon approaching, baseball might once again show its popularity among ticket buyers in upcoming rankings.

In the top theatre rankings, it was more of the same. Both the top theatre rankings and Broadway rankings saw no change among their respective top fives, both seeing "Wicked" reside at the top. New additions to this week's top theatre events were The Color Purple (1.36) and Billy Elliot (1.24), which finished nine and ten, respectively. As the winter season quickly approaches, Cirque du Soleil: Wintuk made it first, and probably not last, appearance in the top Broadway rankings finishing at number ten with a power score of 1.25.

Las Vegas was dominated this past week by Cirque du Soleil, which had five shows in the top ten positions among Las Vegas events list. The Cirque du Soleil shows that were the hot sellers were "O" (number four; power score of 4.98), The Beatles: LOVE (number five; power score 2.55), Criss Angel: Believe (number seven; power score 1.79), Zumanity (number nine; power score 1.62) and Mystere (number ten; power score 1.25). The top three Vegas shows remained the same with Cher, Bette Midler and Elton John: The Red Piano, occupying those positions.

TicketNews Exclusive Rankings and Power Scores are based on ticket sales from the TicketNetwork Exchange™, the world’s largest secondary market exchange. A Power Score illustrates a given event’s category-specific significance. Two factors are used to calculate a power score: total ticket sales from the given event and total ticket sales within the category. As such, power scores should only be used to compare events within a particular category.

Top Combined Events
Week Ending 09/21/2008
Event Score
1 AC/DC Tickets 8.90
2 Wicked Tickets 4.26
3 Metallica Tickets 2.94
4 New York Yankees Tickets 2.47
5 Dallas Cowboys Tickets 2.34
6 Tina Turner Tickets 2.14
7 New York Giants Tickets 2.03
8 Green Bay Packers Tickets 1.79
9 Madonna Tickets 1.74
10 Philadelphia Eagles Tickets 1.62

Top Concert Events
Week Ending 09/21/2008
Event Score
1 AC/DC Tickets 24.04
2 Metallica Tickets 7.95
3 Tina Turner Tickets 5.81
4 Madonna Tickets 4.53
5 Céline Dion Tickets 4.12
6 Trans-Siberian Orchestra Tickets 2.57
7 The Eagles Tickets 2.29
8 Robin Williams Tickets 2.11
9 Neil Young Tickets 1.84
10 Coldplay Tickets 1.82

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 23, 2008 00:14

DGA35
Erikjjf, what arena is that?

Madison Square Garden.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1170
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home