Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Is It Just My 'Magination, or was the No Security Tour Just Great Musically??
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 16, 2008 19:28

The Greek
i caught the no security tour in hartford,and let me tell you what a pleasure it was,star star, repectable, some girls, and the best sympathy for the devil that i have ever heard that ended the show ,think the love you live version which just took my breath away and lets not forget keith set,how can i stop, and like a thief in the night .just killer very hypnotic wow it doesnt get any better than that .

no how can i stop...only played that once...msg '98....

Re: Is It Just My 'Magination, or was the No Security Tour Just Great Musically??
Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: September 16, 2008 19:52

Great set lists with some of my hidden favorites like Moonlight Mile, Respectable, Just My Imagination, Whip, and a great closer of Sympathy.

I saw them in D.C., the only show I think they played All Down the Line. It was only marginally received although it could be that I was screaming so loud at the end that I could not hear anyone else cheer. Anyway, Moonlight Mile was great, but when I listen to the boots of this show and the other show I saw, a week later in Philly, it is not as good.

It was nice to hear some of the newer material played with so much vigor, like Out of Control and Saint of Me that have made those songs great live and yet they haven't played them much since.

Rambler was awesome on the b-stage, but done even better since, IMHO. Well paced show though, with war horses and rareties thrown in liberally. A nice opener in JJF and show closer/encore with Sympathy. This is such a great closer and a nice change from JJF, BS, or Satisfaction.

Anyway, great tour that we can only hope will be replicated, perhaps with new material thrown in, for their next tour.

Date: September 16, 2008 19:57

The last tour Keith didn't bother covering up his thinning hair with headbands and string ties and the like if I'm not mistaken. I seem to recall he was continually (more than usual) pulling at his hair as if to fluff it out. One show, St. Louis maybe, it stuck in place and actually looked like two horns for a number or two.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 16, 2008 20:08

knockyourteethout
The last tour Keith didn't bother covering up his thinning hair with headbands and string ties and the like if I'm not mistaken. I seem to recall he was continually (more than usual) pulling at his hair as if to fluff it out. One show, St. Louis maybe, it stuck in place and actually looked like two horns for a number or two.

Post picture of "horny" Keith.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 16, 2008 20:33

T&A
The Greek
i caught the no security tour in hartford,and let me tell you what a pleasure it was,star star, repectable, some girls, and the best sympathy for the devil that i have ever heard that ended the show ,think the love you live version which just took my breath away and lets not forget keith set,how can i stop, and like a thief in the night .just killer very hypnotic wow it doesnt get any better than that .

no how can i stop...only played that once...msg '98....

Nor was Star, Star either... I would've remembered that...

Posted by: Jed Clever ()
Date: September 16, 2008 21:15

I saw both Sacramento shows, and have a boot of the second show. They were both great, even the first for which mick was sick. Keith was really on. Poweful guitar sound. Woody mostly AWOL, but did play well for YGTS.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 16, 2008 21:35

Barn Owl
timbernardis
gimme and him a break -- what is this anti-Chuck frenzy that sometimes grips people on this board??

And to say that he is calling the shots or "dominating" things, I think that is far removed from reality. I dont think this band would ever allow such a thing to happen. Listen to opinions and input, yes, but he does not make any final decisions.

In fact, I like Chuck, both his playing and his personality as I have met him before, very nice guy, spent time with us.

So get off Chuck!!!
p

I listen with my ears, and what I hear throughout the many bootlegs from that tour is Chuck (high up in the mix) where there SHOULD be guitars.

This IS a guitar band, right?

Whether that is good or bad, do you think something like that is Chuck's decision to make?

plexi

Posted by: Rufestone ()
Date: September 17, 2008 23:02

What is the best Boot,of this Super Tour 1999 : No Security only in the USA.
Europe 1999 back to Btb,Tour.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: September 17, 2008 23:20

Its really too bad there is no pro-shot videos from this tour. Its also interesting that they didn't do any gigs in NYC, just surroudning areas. Granted they played in NYC a year earlier but they hit other US cities that they played the year before..

Anyone know what the best dvd is from this tour? Picture and sound quality wise..

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 17, 2008 23:30

Rufestone

all of the line (all of them ald-sourced) are flawed. the best recording from '99 is the Stuttgart show - it has amazing stereo/guitar separation. the band is having a relatively "on" night, too...

Date: September 17, 2008 23:50

Hound Dog
Its really too bad there is no pro-shot videos from this tour. Its also interesting that they didn't do any gigs in NYC, just surroudning areas. Granted they played in NYC a year earlier but they hit other US cities that they played the year before..

Anyone know what the best dvd is from this tour? Picture and sound quality wise..

Indeed a shame no official DVD from here. The first 3 month of shows were magical.

Still, you may want to go with the Hartford shows. 2 cameras...great sound...great shows. I like Hartford #2 better, if I remember correctly. But both are good.

Date: September 17, 2008 23:50

T&A
Rufestone

all of the line (all of them ald-sourced) are flawed. the best recording from '99 is the Stuttgart show - it has amazing stereo/guitar separation. the band is having a relatively "on" night, too...

Yup...Stuttgart was a HUGE surprise. Fantastic sound...unbilievably clear and strong. Shattered rocks!

Shepards Bush is also incredible.

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: September 18, 2008 00:24

timbernardis
Barn Owl
timbernardis
gimme and him a break -- what is this anti-Chuck frenzy that sometimes grips people on this board??

And to say that he is calling the shots or "dominating" things, I think that is far removed from reality. I dont think this band would ever allow such a thing to happen. Listen to opinions and input, yes, but he does not make any final decisions.

In fact, I like Chuck, both his playing and his personality as I have met him before, very nice guy, spent time with us.

So get off Chuck!!!
p

I listen with my ears, and what I hear throughout the many bootlegs from that tour is Chuck (high up in the mix) where there SHOULD be guitars.

This IS a guitar band, right?

Whether that is good or bad, do you think something like that is Chuck's decision to make?

plexi

Of course I don't!

...and I've not blamed or criticised Chuck in this or any other post!

Posted by: Rufestone ()
Date: September 28, 2008 23:30

Fool to Cry - Moonlight Mile - You got the Silver - Some Girls - Greath Tour .

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1192
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home