Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: New Tim Ries
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 4, 2008 04:19

paulywaul
little queenie
can't get enough of atlantic city, huh? i just can't believe it's been 2 years...

does the who ever tour the UK these days?

Yep, amazing. TWO bloody years. Yes, the Who still play the UK regularly, both Beast and I saw them at the Albert Hall not that long ago (might have been 2006 now I think about it), and I also saw an amazing acoustic set involving ONLY Daltrey and Townshend at the Albert Hall this year, they were the headline act of a weeks worth of shows to raise money for the Teenage Cancer Trust. They only did half a dozen songs, but wow ... what songs !!

Er ... unable to get enough of Atlantic City ? You jest. Have you ever seen a bigger shithole ? Get there, see the Who, and then get the f*** out of Dodge, as they say !!

well, what do u expect ... it's New Jersey!!

p

Date: October 4, 2008 04:26

Best Buy:

Stones World: Rolling Stones Project II
Ries,Tim

SKU: 17318519

Format: CD Genre: Jazz
Release Date: 10/21/2008
Shipping: Pre-order

Store Pickup: Not Available List Price: $19.98

Our Price: $17.99

Stones World - The Rolling Stones Project
Ries,Tim

SKU: 17310811

Format: CD Genre: Pop
Release Date: 10/1/2008
Backordered: Usually leaves our warehouse within 1-2 weeks

Store Pickup: Not Available

Our Price: $49.99

R there two different versions?? the Best Buy does not give any info on either??

p

Date: October 5, 2008 03:52

bump

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 6, 2008 15:11

Timbernardis,
The $49.99 version could be the import version? The Japanese import has 2 bonus tracks on it, and it was about $42, so I'd assume that that is probably what that it. I know BestBuy sometimes has imports for sale on their website.

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: October 6, 2008 19:38

Beast
rlngstns
I'll be at the Tim Ries show as well that night....looking forward to it

See you there, ringstns!

absolutely...saw tim @ the vortex club in london during the ABB tour...was great

see you there

Posted by: albop ()
Date: October 6, 2008 21:37

I received today "Stones world" (from cdJapan). This is really a great record with a nice sound.

Posted by: toostoned ()
Date: October 6, 2008 22:38

Were to Tim Ries Stones Project show in Aarhus Denmark saturday.
Bernard Fowler was absolute amazing and very cool !

The set-list :

Street Fighting Man
Lady Jane
Honky Tonk Women
You can`t always get what you want
Ruby Tuesday
Miss you
Wild Horses
Paint it Black
Baby break it down
Under my Thumb
Satisfaction

(and a few other jazz-not-Stones)

Talked with Bernard Fowler and Tim Ries after the show, asked them if they are ready for the next Stones-tour and they answered both : Yes, of course !

Asked Bernard Fowler about he think there will be and other tour and he answered : "I dont know, but the romours are getting stronger !

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 8, 2008 16:05

So, it sounds like I'm the only one thus far that has received the promotion-only poster for this album?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 8, 2008 16:17

toostoned
Were to Tim Ries Stones Project show in Aarhus Denmark saturday.
Bernard Fowler was absolute amazing and very cool !

The set-list :

Street Fighting Man
Lady Jane
Honky Tonk Women
You can`t always get what you want
Ruby Tuesday
Miss you
Wild Horses
Paint it Black
Baby break it down
Under my Thumb
Satisfaction

(and a few other jazz-not-Stones)

Talked with Bernard Fowler and Tim Ries after the show, asked them if they are ready for the next Stones-tour and they answered both : Yes, of course !

Asked Bernard Fowler about he think there will be and other tour and he answered : "I dont know, but the romours are getting stronger !

My friend Bjørn was up there too. He talked with Tim and Bernard too. Maybe you remember him? Short and fat and he had a Stones tie on.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 8, 2008 20:59

Found this on the juf's website.

Tim Ries and Bernard Fowler promoting the new CD

Filmed by the juf herself.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: October 9, 2008 20:03

JumpingKentFlash
My friend Bjørn was up there too. He talked with Tim and Bernard too. Maybe you remember him? Short and fat and he had a Stones tie on.

I'm afraid I don't remember him. there were 400 people, but not a lot were wearing Stones gear. more of a jazz audience. Kluvers Big Band sounded fantastic!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 9, 2008 20:14

tim/bernard coming to my fave jazz spot in oakland....but, think i'm gonna pass....just seems too gimmicky...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-09 20:16 by T&A.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 9, 2008 21:28

T&A
tim/bernard coming to my fave jazz spot in oakland....but, think i'm gonna pass....just seems too gimmicky...

Are they playing at the SF Yoshi's?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 9, 2008 21:30

sweetcharmedlife
T&A

nope, just yoshi's/oakland....still haven't had a chance to check out SF yoshi's....keep meaning to...

Date: October 9, 2008 21:42

T&A
sweetcharmedlife
T&A

nope, just yoshi's/oakland....still haven't had a chance to check out SF yoshi's....keep meaning to...

Went there once. Nice place. Never been to the one in Oakland. Not sure I want to go all the way to Oakland for TR though.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: October 11, 2008 10:28

sweetcharmedlife
T&A
sweetcharmedlife
T&A

Went there once. Nice place. Never been to the one in Oakland. Not sure I want to go all the way to Oakland for TR though.

don't miss it if you haven't seen it. and the oakland yoshi's is cool!

Posted by: wesley ()
Date: October 11, 2008 15:56

I did`nt have patience to read all the posts, but something has to be argued here:

This man is a real Stones fan, which he himself told me in Helsinki prior to the BB gig 2007

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-11 15:57 by wesley.

Date: October 12, 2008 01:51

little queenie
sweetcharmedlife
T&A
sweetcharmedlife
T&A

Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to LQ. It's on a Sun night and I'm going to Reno the night before to see Neil Young.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: October 12, 2008 03:45

sweetcharmedlife
little queenie
sweetcharmedlife
T&A
sweetcharmedlife
T&A

man, i lived in reno for 6 years and we never had anyone decent come to play there. the hilton ampitheater must be gone so where is he playing? lawlor events center on campus?

Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to LQ. It's on a Sun night and I'm going to Reno the night before to see Neil Young.

Date: October 12, 2008 04:11

No LQ. They actually built a new small arena.(less than 10,000) a block off the main strip. Nice place,seen a couple shows there.

Posted by: linnerz ()
Date: October 21, 2008 17:36

Anyone already heard the new Tim Ries? Will it be released in Germany, too? Anybody knows when?

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: October 21, 2008 19:45

paulywaul
Beast
That's too bad, LQ. And no, not flying in specially - we were already going to be there, so it's a very happy coincidence!

LQ, wish you & your ma good luck with her hip op. As the glammest of beasts rightly says, we're all around anyway, it's all part of a cunning plan to jump up and down and do a bit of serious windmilling somewhere perilously close to front of stage in the Borgata Atlantic City a couple of days later ... Halloween. (as if you couldn't guess ... the Whooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!)

See these great bands while you can, that's what we reck !!

any reason why the who tour is only 10 dates?...is there more to come?

thanks...dave

Posted by: linnerz ()
Date: October 22, 2008 11:19

Asking again: Anyone already heard the new Tim Ries? Will it be released in Germany, too? Anybody knows when?

Date: October 22, 2008 11:32

I ordered my copy through the juf's website Pauline Stroosnijder
It arrived in the mail yesterday and wow, do I love this CD. Thanks juf. I now understand what people mean with worldmusic. Every track on this album has a different sound, coming from a different country. All Stones play on 1 or more tracks, Charlie even on 6.
Big surprise was CD2, a so called "enhanced" CD with 4 audio tracks and 1 (only on pc) video clip with the recording of the flamenco version of Jumpin Jack Flash (with Lisa). You just gotta see this. It's hot hot smiley

-------------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-22 20:53 by Rolling Hansie.

Date: October 26, 2008 11:33

I love Hey Negita: an amazing African version with Mick Jagger on Harmonica (hot, hot), Charlie on drums, Bernard on vocals, Ronnie on guitar and lap steel and Chuck on piano. My favourite version.

Date: October 26, 2008 11:48

I agree with you Albop: IMO it is very suitable for DJs too(mixes!).

but I love the flamenco Jumping Jack Flash(video!!!) too, as well as the Cuban Under My Thumb. And Bernard singing Fool to Cry.... he made me cry...

Date: October 26, 2008 11:57

I agree with you. No expectation is also a great version, much better than the version played with the same Ana Moura in Lisbon in 2007. Don'forget an incredible salt of the earth.

Date: October 26, 2008 12:01

the juf
I agree with you Albop: IMO it is very suitable for DJs too(mixes!).

but I love the flamenco Jumping Jack Flash(video!!!) too, as well as the Cuban Under My Thumb. And Bernard singing Fool to Cry.... he made me cry...

Where can I find Flamenco Jumping Jack Flash video ?

Thanks

Date: October 26, 2008 12:10

it is on the second disc. you have to play it on a computer and use Windows Media Player.

Date: October 26, 2008 12:59

the juf
it is on the second disc. you have to play it on a computer and use Windows Media Player.

I couldn't find it on my new laptop which runs on Windows Vista. Maybe I should check my settings. In my old laptop with Windows XP no problem. Simply put in the disc, open explorer and there you find the video clip. Absolutely amazing clip

-------------------

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1725
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home