Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: realisticaly- do you think they will tour anymore
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 14, 2008 02:16

so u like the women in Sweden and Denmark?

well, I like the women in Germany.

p

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-14 02:18 by timbernardis.

Date: September 14, 2008 02:17

stonesfrk
stonesrule
stonesfrk, are you a psychic?
No stonesrule, i just know what is happening.

great comeback answer, frank. love it!

p

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-14 02:17 by timbernardis.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: September 14, 2008 02:37

They are getting older, I would not be surprised if health dictates the answer. But I think their will is still there, and always will be with Keith.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: September 14, 2008 03:07

Dude, i like women no matter where they are from :-)

But had some great times and met some fantastic people in sweden and denmark on the last Stones tour. Germany too as it goes!

Keep on rockin!!!!

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: September 14, 2008 09:41

Doxa
mr edward
Yes, I think they will tour again. The real questions is: will it be any different and will it be good?

Hmmm. the real questions sound a bit rhetorical...winking smiley

The first real question is equal to ask if one believes in miracles.

The answer to the second one depends on what one thinks of their performances during the last decade or so, and accepts that (a) the quitar department is once again, a step less dominating and not leading factor in the Stones music (b) that Jagger looks and sounds, once again, gradully more unnatural and forced in his peterpan manouvres, (c) that one gets excited of hearing "Start Me Up", "Satisfaction", "Brown Sugar", "Jumping Jack Flash" etc. once again.

See you in Vegas!

- Doxa

I suppose they are somewaht rethorical and you're predictions are probably spot on. But if that porves to be the case, I'll skip the next tour and start focussing on the Stones from the seventies. No more Vegas for me.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 14, 2008 10:04

timbernardis

p

No women in Montana ?

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: September 14, 2008 10:09

IMO a new tour would be a financial desaster. Especially in the US and Europe. Maybe they toured too much since 1989. They often had a hard time to fill venues on the ABB tour. If they'd tour next year it wouldn't get any better. The other thing is, what new could they offer? Another massive stage and lightshow with more or less the same songs? Come on, we've all seen that. There was a Stones inflation in the last years. Even "Stones countries" like The Netherlands or Germany are a bit tired of the Stones. The best thing would be they'd stop touring for a couple of years and come back with something new and fresh, but of course that isn't possible in their age. They are officially old and every year counts. I hardly doubt that they can do what they are (maybe) still capable to do now in, lets say 4-5 years from now. They are 70 then. And don't come with the "They are Bluesmen" crap and that they can do this until they are 90. They are not. The Stones won't play clubs while sitting on a barstool. They are a huge, massive Vegas act, glitzy and pompous. They were a bluesband some 40+ years ago, not now and not in the last 35 years.

I hardly doubt that they will tour again like they did since 1989. Maybe some on and off shows for some special events here and there, but no more massive 2 year world tours. For the Stones there is no market for that anymore.

Just my $0.02

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 14, 2008 10:36

Sleepy City
Perhaps Mick can do a solo tour with Charlie guesting on drums...

Cool, with Keith and Ronnie on guitars

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Spanish Kurt ()
Date: September 14, 2008 10:48

I think believing in a new tour is somewhat like believing in a god. You might know it is futile, but it can give some comfort.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 14, 2008 13:17

My idea: The Webcam Tour

If/When they decide they've had enough of international tours and big stadiums, they can do a series of weekly shows from a soundstage that fans can pay to watch individually or as a package online .

Posted by: phd ()
Date: September 14, 2008 13:38

If Keith's health allows that, they will. But unfortunately ( though most of people here do prefer the reverse), it should be an arena tour. For 2 reasons : a) too big a logistic to cash in on few dates b) their base is too old to fill in stadiums anymore.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 16, 2008 12:40

Sir Craven of Cottage
With each passing day it becomes less likely. Keith's physical deterioration is a one way street, where can they go musically without repeating themselves.

As for the new record deal - they still have to look after their back catalogue = will want an outlet for future compilations or archive releases.

I'm not quite so pessimistic or negative as Sir Craven with regard to these valid and arguable points.

As for asking where they go without repeating themselves...same place they've gone for the last 20 or so years I suppose...with the same old reaction from the grumpy but faithful around here ;^).

The point about the main focus of the record deal is a good one...but, again, promoting the back catalogue has for a long time been more important than promoting any new material. Thing is, the deal's in place, and will need promotional activity in the form of touring... and they're sure to record a couple of new albums, even if only out of habit !

Keith's health ? Well, he's getting older [as they all are], in which respect, yes it's a one way street. However, I think Keith's health and fitness issues following his accident and surgery have been of a largely temporary nature. He just wasn't fully recovered [and was probably hit by one or two enforced lifestyle changes that took some getting used to !] I believe we'll see him in better all round nick the next time out.

I take Sir Craven's points...but I prefer to take a more hopeful and positive view :^)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-16 13:03 by Spud.

Posted by: Rufestone ()
Date: September 16, 2008 12:48

Sept 2009 - 2010 .

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: September 16, 2008 13:04

There is a real crisis here in Europe.
MAdonna is said to have sold out 2 Stade de France in Paris by the end of Sep.

In Aug. I found out that remaining tickets were on sale with 30% off.
Since the beginning of Sep. I see remaining tickets on sale with 50% off.
Got no clue how many tix are still available, but it's a clue.

Record companies made big bucks for decades, and now everyone is trying to compensate the illegal downloads thru tours and ticket prices. How's paying ? The real fan, who's buying anyway.
A time has come where people can't afford anymore. Gasoline is expensive, food has gotten expensive too. Everything is getting more expensive, but the salaries don't get higher.

This year Madonna, George Michael, The Police, REM, KISS, Springsteen, Coldplay, Iron Maiden, ans many more are/were on the road.
Coming next are Faces (???), Oasis, U2, ACDC, Aerosmith just to name a few.

No tour next year is my guess, or, if they are fit enough to tour, a very small tour, selected theatres or residencies in NYC, LA and London, and crazy prices...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: September 16, 2008 13:26

Yes, the world economic downturn is a big factor for everybody and everything at the moment. That said, there's a lot of sensationalist reporting of it that makes it appear worse than it is...and which then makes it even worse, like some kind of self fulfilling prophecy.
I've never understood why the whole world trusts it's economic health to bunch of excitable kids on the stock market floor ;^)

Maybe touring needs some kind of supermarket price war !. Two tickets for the price of one anybody ?

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: September 16, 2008 18:36

If its another stadium greatest hits show I will have to pass. It would take much less effort on their part to tour in smaller arenas without all the lighting and fireworks. Check out the bonus features on SAL. Why not do some acoustic songs so they can sit down and focus on their playing insteading of running around a massive stage and posing for the cameras.

Date: September 16, 2008 21:48

Maybe a bit of lateral thinking is required.
Backdrop screen brightness and resolution is now good enough to let them do a small room show in a big stadium or arena. They don't need all the running around and shape throwing because the more intimate stuff is captured by the cameras with good watchable quality.
How many folks have noticed themselves watching the screens more and more with each modern era tour as the scale and quality of the images has increased ?

Date: September 16, 2008 21:52

paulywaul
timbernardis

p

No women in Montana ?

oh yeah, and I have a particular weakness for pretty American Indian girls.

But I look at women anywhere on the planet, but have a particular fondness for German Girls (the title of a good boot), Italian (specifically Roman) women, Croatian women, and even French femme.

plexi

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: September 16, 2008 22:00

paulywaul
timbernardis

p

No women in Montana ?

There are, but I've heard they're all made of plexiglass.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 16, 2008 22:19

HelterSkelter
A tour will/might happen if the economy gets better and everybody's health holds up (but I can't see it lasting as long as ABB, no way)

Must admit, I think if the economy stays this way, and all signs are pointing to that, then I think that they don't - unless they drop the ticket prices SIGNIFICANTLY!!!!

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: September 16, 2008 22:29

Rufestone
Sept 2009 - 2010 .

Yes.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: September 16, 2008 22:36

the global economy is going down the shitter.

As long as that remains the case, i cannot see a tour happening.

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: September 17, 2008 03:57

Yes as long as the Stones are healthy enough they will tour more. Why you ask plain and simple they love every aspect of it the crowd screeming the partying the travel allof it. The only one that might rather sit at home is Charlie, and it don't take much for Keith to talk him into going on the road. So in my opinion they will never build any tour as a farewell tour yes its true someday they will all be gone but as long as they can they will be out on the road, and I for one will see them every chance I get because no matter what songs they play it is worth it.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: September 17, 2008 04:15

Yes!

Date: September 17, 2008 11:53

Asside from eveything else...Rickster is basically right.
Whilst ever they can, they'll carry on.
Why ?
Because it's what they do...and in many ways it's much easier to continue than to stop.

Posted by: aslecs ()
Date: September 17, 2008 16:41

stonefrk is NOT a psychic!!!

he is a PSYCHO.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 17, 2008 19:53

Sleepy City
Perhaps Mick can do a solo tour with Charlie guesting on drums...

That's basically what the last few tours have been with Ronnie and Keith guesting on guitars when they feel like it.

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: September 17, 2008 19:57

aslecs
stonefrk is NOT a psychic!!!

he is a PSYCHO.
lol... yes your right aslecs and i know where your at and i got you in my sights, just remember that coming to you in your worst nightmare of all time. who's the man on the corner but you don't really know.lol... Don't worry scelsa just because you mixed up your screen name because you are a very mixed up dude, does'nt mean i forgot who you really are.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-17 20:33 by stonesfrk.

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: September 18, 2008 01:50

Rickster
Yes as long as the Stones are healthy enough they will tour more. Why you ask plain and simple they love every aspect of it the crowd screeming the partying the travel allof it. The only one that might rather sit at home is Charlie, and it don't take much for Keith to talk him into going on the road. So in my opinion they will never build any tour as a farewell tour yes its true someday they will all be gone but as long as they can they will be out on the road, and I for one will see them every chance I get because no matter what songs they play it is worth it.

I dunno; they also love the money and you gotta consider the economies of scale and the global economy too. If you asked me would I be willing to pay €120 so i can stand in a field and listen to (more or less) the same songs again tailored for the folks in the expensive area who only own 40 licks, then i'll have to say no.

Are there enough fair-weather fans who'll make the stadium gigs sell well? I dunno. Europe and the US have certainly been well served.

What kind of gimmick can they come up with? Well, there's just doing an arena/club tour but in order to make *that* worthwhile, you're talking seriously expensive tickets.

I can't see the band agreeing to tour if there isn't *another* sodding ticket sales record to be broken, and if present trends of non-sell out shows are holding across the board, then they'd be in danger of not breaking their records. I think a lot will depend, actually, on what U2 do as they're the nearest there is to a global behemoth of a band that there is compared to the Stones. If U2 are selling tickets in healthy numbers for healthy revenues, then the lads might pull the finger out. Otherwise, you might wanna wait for the economy to calm down.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1468
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home