Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O/T Stevie Wonder,MEN Arena,Tuesday 9th September 2008
Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: September 10, 2008 03:30

Hello,

Wow!This'll be as biased as they come because I love the man!
Tonight it was a privilege to be in the same postcode as genius-make no mistake about it.

Stevie ambled onstage singing unaccompanied to either "Freddie Freeloader" or "So What" from 'A Kind Of Blue':he then switched over to his harmonica and dazzled with that before the band gradually joined in.What a start!

The guy just radiated a lust for life,an exuberance and complete positivity for the next 2 hours and 20 minutes.So what if he didn't play "He Misstra Know-It-All":when you get "Superstition" or "Master Blaster" or "Sir Duke" you know you've been blessed too.

In between all this we were given a couple of singing lessons and were treated to Mr. W's efforts at a Birmingham (UK,that is) accent,and saw him gently tease his daughter who sings back-up (ding-dong!).So this was a fun night out and duly the sell-out crowd were up and shuffling and singing great,believe it or not.I wish everybody could've been there.

Stevie,I forgive you for "I Just Called...":you are a phenomenon!

Cheers,

Si.

ps edited because I can't spell 'so' without help.Or 'phenomenon'.Or 'Stevie',for that matter.Cretin!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-10 16:00 by SimonN.

Re: O/T Stevie Wonder,MEN Arena,Tuesday 9th September 2008
Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: September 10, 2008 03:37

Great pics Simon!!!

...and what a gig...what a crowd...what a night...what a setlist!!!!

Fantastic from start to finish.

Genius at work.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: September 10, 2008 03:44

Hi Logie,

You've hit the nail:just sheer joy to be there and see someone with so much music running through them and plainly talent to burn!

Wow,again!

Cheers,

Si.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 10, 2008 03:52

Thanks for all the above!

Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: September 10, 2008 05:28

Thanks for posting the great photos. They brought back memories from when I saw Stevie in Los Angeles recently. I'm a little surprised that Stevie didn't perform Superstition. I think he's done that every time that I've seen him. But his catalog is so rich, he could play for six hours and still leave out some gems.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: September 10, 2008 10:12

great review and photos Simon - pleased you had a great time

Date: September 10, 2008 12:15

Monkeylad
Thanks for posting the great photos. They brought back memories from when I saw Stevie in Los Angeles recently. I'm a little surprised that Stevie didn't perform Superstition. I think he's done that every time that I've seen him. But his catalog is so rich, he could play for six hours and still leave out some gems.

He played Superstition last night and it was fantastic!

Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: September 10, 2008 15:42

Whoops! I read SimonN's recap too fast. Happy that Superstition was in the set. Apologies for any ripples of panic my careless post may have stirred.

The love that binds Stevie with his daughter Aisha is truly something marvelous to behold. He is so proud of her talent!

Date: September 10, 2008 18:40

Monkeylad

The love that binds Stevie with his daughter Aisha is truly something marvelous to behold. He is so proud of her talent!

I would be too!

Her performance last night was heart-stoppingly beautiful.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1580
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home