Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
new ac/dc song is up @
Posted by: Rolling1 ()
Date: August 28, 2008 07:18

ACDC.COM

ROCK ON

Re: new ac/dc song is up @
Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: August 28, 2008 07:18

Jesus christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This blew me into the other room, Brain just blows me away, holy mother of god!!!!! Rock Is Back!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: August 28, 2008 07:39

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Brian sounds GREAT!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 28, 2008 07:54

Surprised it's not called Runaway Train, as the lyrics say.

Good solid effort, hopeful of a few real gems on the CD.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 28, 2008 08:07

Two things are certain in this world: A- Death and B- The way AC/DC writes their songs. I hear that nothing has changed. It's still fun to listen to, but that's because it's so unbelievably stale. It's an OK song, but certainly nothing special.
Gimme Rough Justice any day over this.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: August 28, 2008 08:30

JumpingKentFlash

I have to strongly disagree on that. I've always thought that Rough Justice is an overrated song on ABB.
You're right about AC/DC sounding the same pretty much all the time of course. But with a tune like this they sound like
vintage AC/DC and that totally rocks and unfortunatelly Rough Justice doesn't stand a chance in comparison.

Date: August 28, 2008 08:37

The Stones
JumpingKentFlash

I have to strongly disagree on that. I've always thought that Rough Justice is an overrated song on ABB.
You're right about AC/DC sounding the same pretty much all the time of course. But with a tune like this they sound like
vintage AC/DC and that totally rocks and unfortunatelly Rough Justice doesn't stand a chance in comparison.

You'd seriously want the Stones to make the same song over and over again like AC/DC??? How old and tired would they seem if they still made Berry covers today? Thank goodness for change. I don't see AC/DC trying something along the lines of Continental Drift, Rain Fall Down, New Faces, Out Of Control, Might As Well Get Juiced etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. I could go on forever. It's the same balls rock as it was in the seventies. Sure it's vintage, but that doesn't make it good. Rough Justice all the way man.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: August 28, 2008 08:54

AC/DC cannot be studied or picked apart like the Stones or any other band...they've always made it known that they're around to do one thing: ROCK...they don't do slow songs...no ballads...just rockers. The point of the band is to rock out and HAVE FUN...no other intricate or deeper reason than that. Being hard on them, musically or creatively is unnecessary.

It's almost like saying...."Oh come on a nice juicy steak is waaay better than a bag of potato chips." Chips, we know, are not comparable....but at times...that bag of chips is dependable, usually hits the spot and is all you need. In that regard, AC/DC is the bag of chips. A rock and roll band to party and head bang to. Not to pick apart songs and wish they'd write a song that was their "Moonlight Mile" or "Winter."

Call it "stale" or the "same sound" but consistency is their strong point. They made no promises that they were a band that was going to challenge and test their audience. Their goal is simple: music that's loud and fun. The fact that they can get feet tapping, heads banging or hands clapping is the band's mission statement.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-28 08:59 by Justin.

Date: August 28, 2008 09:02

Justin
AC/DC cannot be studied or picked apart like the Stones or any other band...they've always made it known that they're around to do one thing: ROCK...they don't do slow songs...no ballads...just rockers. The point of the band is to rock out and HAVE FUN...no other intricate or deeper reason than that. Being hard on them, musically or creatively is unnecessary.

It's almost like criticizing a bag of potato chips saying...."Oh come on a nice juicy steak is waaay better than a bag of potato chips." Chips are not comparable....but at times...that bag of chips is dependable, usually hits the spot and is all you need. In that regard, AC/DC is the bag of chips. A rock and roll band to party and head bang to. Not to pick apart songs and wish they'd write a song that was their "Moonlight Mile" or "Winter."

Oh ok. So now it's all right to only do songs that has nothing to say other than "Have fun"? And AC/DC is based solely on that? If we could rid the world of such songs, music would be a lot better. It's ok to write SOME songs like that, but an entire catalogue full of that? Come on.....

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: August 28, 2008 09:03

Justin

It's almost like saying...."Oh come on a nice juicy steak is waaay better than a bag of potato chips." Chips, we know, are not comparable....but at times...that bag of chips is dependable, usually hits the spot and is all you need. In that regard, AC/DC is the bag of chips. A rock and roll band to party and head bang to. Not to pick apart songs and wish they'd write a song that was their "Moonlight Mile" or "Winter."

Call it "stale" or the "same sound" but consistency is their strong point. They made no promises that they were a band that was going to challenge and test their audience. Their goal is simple: music that's loud and fun. The fact that they can get feet tapping, heads banging or hands clapping is the band's mission statement.

Couldn't Have Said It Better Myself!

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: August 28, 2008 09:10

JumpingKentFlash
Justin

Oh ok. So now it's all right to only do songs that has nothing to say other than "Have fun"? And AC/DC is based solely on that? If we could rid the world of such songs, music would be a lot better. It's ok to write SOME songs like that, but an entire catalogue full of that? Come on.....

Whoahh Kent, I know its slightly OT but give us DC fans our moment in the sun. We've waited 8 years for this.

The song sounds amazing - all the vital components are there.

Date: August 28, 2008 09:12

JumpingKentFlash
Justin

It's almost like criticizing a bag of potato chips saying...."Oh come on a nice juicy steak is waaay better than a bag of potato chips." Chips are not comparable....but at times...that bag of chips is dependable, usually hits the spot and is all you need. In that regard, AC/DC is the bag of chips. A rock and roll band to party and head bang to. Not to pick apart songs and wish they'd write a song that was their "Moonlight Mile" or "Winter."

Yup a whole catalog...and so what? If not them...then who? Why not them? What does it matter if it's a whole catalog either? What do you care if they have a couple hundred songs that are full of fun when you (or others) only like a handful anyway. Will that knowledge change your opinion on the few songs that you DO like of theirs? You think less of them because of it?

Either way, this is the STYLE and signature sound the band chose. Static, yes, but it's a valid choice. When you want a rocker...go to AC/DC once in a while...what's the big deal?

Date: August 28, 2008 09:12

letitloose
JumpingKentFlash
Justin

Whoahh Kent, I know its slightly OT but give us DC fans our moment in the sun. We've waited 8 years for this.

The song sounds amazing - all the vital components are there.

Hey, I don't come here to police nuthin' man. I ain't no cop. I'm just stating my opinion.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: August 28, 2008 09:32

Justin
JumpingKentFlash
Justin

Yup a whole catalog...and so what? If not them...then who? Why not them? What does it matter if it's a whole catalog either? What do you care if they have a couple hundred songs that are full of fun when you (or others) only like a handful anyway. Will that knowledge change your opinion on the few songs that you DO like of theirs? You think less of them because of it?

Either way, this is the STYLE and signature sound the band chose. Static, yes, but it's a valid choice. When you want a rocker...go to AC/DC once in a while...what's the big deal?

It sounds almost like SlipKnot. They wear masks, and I saw some MTV reporter asking "Why the masks"? The answer was "Why NOT the mask". Totally groundless stupidity if you ask me. Talk about not putting anything into it. "Hey, I can play the guitar". So? Can you use it for anything other than having fun? "Uhm.... No. But I can play the guitar *drool, drool, drool*". It's plain dumb music. It's just not satisfying.
It's not a big deal though. I too enjoy an AC/DC song every once in a while. I can't listen to more than three songs in a row though. Then the stupidity and the repitition shines too much and I hurl myself towards the CD collection to get the nearest Bob Dylan or Beatles compilation (Not that I'm a big Dylan fan, but when I hear dumb music, he's always good to drag me in a more wise direction).
I just can't be a fan of music that's so mindnumbingly stupid. What would I want to be a fan for? For getting an excuse to prance about like a ninny, waiting for my privates to go blue? Shouldn't we be over that by now?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: August 28, 2008 13:15

JumpingKentFlash
Two things are certain in this world: A- Death and B- The way AC/DC writes their songs. I hear that nothing has changed. It's still fun to listen to, but that's because it's so unbelievably stale. It's an OK song, but certainly nothing special.

+1

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: August 28, 2008 15:50

Well...as I said before...this Kent is really funny...The STONES ARE the best thig ever...everytime...doing everykind of music...in the sixties...2009...they are the hottest act...still...AMAZING...and NOTHING COMPARES!!!!...never will!!!

Date: August 28, 2008 16:04

Bjorn
Well...as I said before...this Kent is really funny...The STONES ARE the best thig ever...everytime...doing everykind of music...in the sixties...2009...they are the hottest act...still...AMAZING...and NOTHING COMPARES!!!!...never will!!!

Buzz off buttercheeks.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: August 28, 2008 16:15

Rough Justice only made the #25 on the US rock chart and, of course, failed to make the Hot 100 at all. The new AC/DC song will be a great hit, it will be #1 on the rock chart in 2-3 weeks and a decent Hot 100 hit.
Their new album is expected to sell way over 400,000 copies in US during the first week according to Walmart.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: August 28, 2008 16:18

JKF just don't get AC/DC

he's entitled to that opinion. he's missing out on a lot obviously but its his choice

if the Stones could come up with anything new to even vaguely come close to AC/DC we'd all be a lot happier

sadly. it'll never happen

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 28, 2008 16:20

I bet it goes over 1,000,000 - it's been over 8 years and a much much broader audience than our boys these days.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: August 28, 2008 16:34

how did you listen to the song

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: August 28, 2008 16:35

andy js
JKF just don't get AC/DC

he's entitled to that opinion. he's missing out on a lot obviously but its his choice

if the Stones could come up with anything new to even vaguely come close to AC/DC we'd all be a lot happier

sadly. it'll never happen

I wouldn´t be a lot happier if the Stones started to sound like AC/DC. Speak for yourself.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 28, 2008 16:36

VoodooLounge13
I bet it goes over 1,000,000 - it's been over 8 years and a much much broader audience than our boys these days.

I agree. I think the young generation likes ACDC more because it's just about rock and fun. Maybe they won't buy all of their records but they'll want to go to a gig or so and buy the new CD.
As for the new stones stuff, the Rolling Stones nowadays just make new records as an excuse to go on "take-the-money-and-run"-tour and play the same shit, well let's say the same old great songs over and over again.
Nevertheless, I'll be ready for the next stones tour.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: August 28, 2008 16:39

"Rough Justice" is much a better song than this new AC/DC tune, which is decent but nowhere close, for instance, to a great rocker like "Stiff Upper Lip". If AC/DC wrote and perfomed "Rough Justice" probably it would have been n°1 in the rock charts, not because they are better than the Stones (that would be much of a ridiculous statement,sorry) but simply because they're more appealing to younger generations of fans.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 28, 2008 16:56

For those who still rock - SALUTE!

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: August 28, 2008 16:58

The new AC/DC album will prove once again that Malcolm Young is the greatest, most underrated rhythm guitar player ever, there I said it.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: August 28, 2008 17:09

Wild Slivovitz
"Rough Justice" is much a better song than this new AC/DC tune

behave! its been forgotten already

grinning smileyRe: new ac/dc song is up @
Posted by: roby ()
Date: August 28, 2008 17:11

Yes, we will see the record sells...

Posted by: Sespin ()
Date: August 28, 2008 17:12

Good music does not depend on good chart positions imo...but this new ac/dc tune is good...very good...

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 28, 2008 17:39

That's because songs like Continental Drift, Rain Fall Down, New Faces and Might As Well Get Juiced etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. are not very good - in fact, they're downright lame.

AC/DC might be one dimensional - but they're very good at it.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1247
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home