Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Who do the Stones Listen to?
Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: August 25, 2008 16:57

DandelionPowderman

You may add Otis Redding, Curtis Mayfield and Jimmie Reed here. And I reckon Keith is more into Marley than Mick smiling smiley

Sorry, DanelionPowderman, I don't thnk I introduced the list well enough: I think the list was meant to be more illustrative than exhaustive.

They were just asked to (or chose to) come up with playlists and those are the artists that they chose (as well as specific songs). I didn't mean to suggest exclusivity for one of the Stones and any one of the artists, I think there's probably a great deal of overlap.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 25, 2008 17:39

What I meant by that Beach Boys comment is I find that hard to believe.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: August 25, 2008 21:17

Thanks to everyone who gave me a serious answer even if they didn't read the post in full.
Special thanks to with sssoul for doing my work for me by clarifying the question I am asking. I will endeavour to make any future posts free of ambiguity!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 26, 2008 14:34

There's a CD out called Stones Favorites, or something like that and it came out 2 years ago; it has a few picks from Mick, Charlie, Keith and Ronnie. Mick loves Sade.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 27, 2008 01:44

RIPTHIS, that's the cd I was talking about, " Rolling Stones, Artist's Choice" and it is a great collection. I was not surprised to see Mick loves James Brown, Eddie Cochran, and Sly Stone! Funk, Blues and Rock,and/ or Rock A Billy. Ilove the Sade song he selected, " By Your Side". It has become one of my favorite songs.Ronnie picked a Beach Boys song, " I Just Wasn't Made For These Times"....I wonder if he identifies.

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: August 27, 2008 01:50

...and none of them lsten one iota to the setlist whiners.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1039
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home