Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question about Exile tracks
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 21, 2008 22:20

Can someone please tell me which tracks on Exile were written earlier, and when?

Thanks for replies.

Re: Question about Exile tracks
Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: August 21, 2008 22:28

Welcome here on IORR!

I do not have the answer to your question, but I think there's a great way to find out: search the archives, song by song perhaps, using the search-function. I will most probably give you the answers you want, but besides that you'll learn so much more!

There is a website that gives all the info about recordings, when and by whom. Somebody is bound to provide it here in a minute, my guess is it will be our index-queen with sssoul... ;-)

Jelle

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 21, 2008 22:29

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: August 21, 2008 22:31

sluissie
Welcome here on IORR!

I do not have the answer to your question, but I think there's a great way to find out: search the archives, song by song perhaps, using the search-function. I will most probably give you the answers you want, but besides that you'll learn so much more!

There is a website that gives all the info about recordings, when and by whom. Somebody is bound to provide it here in a minute, my guess is it will be our index-queen with sssoul... ;-)

Jelle

Sluisse is right, do the research yourself, it´s much more fun that way.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: cc ()
Date: August 21, 2008 22:47

mickijaggeroo
Sluisse is right, do the research yourself, it´s much more fun that way.

but also pointless, if the research has already been done.

what I would suggest is narrowing down the question--what do you mean by "earlier"? earlier than when? Nellcote?

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 21, 2008 22:51

About a third of the tracks on Exile were done around the time of Let it Bleed and later included on Exile. I used to have this info but no longer do. Any help appreciated, thanks.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 22, 2008 04:56

Bliss
About a third of the tracks on Exile were done around the time of Let it Bleed and later included on Exile. I used to have this info but no longer do. Any help appreciated, thanks.

Bliss, see my link above, you can do a search for a song title and find out when it was recorded.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 22, 2008 05:25

there's a good early All Down the Line available from the great IORRians.

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: August 22, 2008 10:14

Koen
[www.nzentgraf.de]

:-) It was within a minute... Thanks Koen!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 22, 2008 10:20

this page is always worthwhile: [www.timeisonourside.com]
although as far as this particular question goes it's not that much help
(it only mentions Shine a Light and Sweet Virginia as being earlier works;
obviously Loving Cup was as well)

i agree that nzentgraf.de is a good educational way to go - you'll learn all sorts of cool stuff on the way.
have fun!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 22, 2008 13:30

Dear Bliss:
Without completely giving you the answer, try checking the music publishing credits information on the cover and/or "record" itself.
Some will be credited to Colgems-EMI. About 4 others are credited to ABCKO publishing.
That tells you which were "created" prior to 31 July 1970 -the date when the 5 year ABCKO Management contract expired.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 22, 2008 19:13

From what I've read, the 4 ABKCO songs were done for or before (obviously) Sticky Fingers (hence them being ABKCO publishing). Mick said Sweet Virginia was done for SF. I would think (I can't recall the exactness due to not having looked recently) the other three were done for Let It Bleed based on how they sound. Mick also stated that, aside from those, not all of it was done at Nellcote anyway but that there was a bunch laying around and they wanted to clear the decks (which I find rather odd).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1556
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home